Anyone here taking progesterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bmac

Whoah really?!? Idk if I’ve ever seen a prog level this low, natural or on HRT. Do u happen to have the range for that prog test, and the lab he had it done at?

Would u be open to sharing the rest of the labs he had done? U can obv just block out his info, to keep everything anonymous. I‘d love to see what a 30 year old male’s labs look like in 2023
Tired to pm you the lab report, can’t seem to right now so I’ll just write the results here. It’s not an extensive lab report unfortunately. Keep in mind I’m in Canada so I converted the progesterone range to the American one but on this list it’s in nmol/L. Here’s a link to the dynacare that I go discussing the progesterone range and test methodology https://www.dynacare.ca/DYN/media/D...ate-Change-for-Serum-Progesterone-Testing.pdf
I’ve had this test done while using prog creams and oral and have had results of 2.00 - 2.8 nmol/L
Lh. 4 IU/L. 1.3- 9.6

Fsh. 1 IU/L 1-16

SHBG. 43 nmol/l. 12-60

Testosterone 19.5 nmol/l 7.6 - 31.4

Prolactin 4 <18 ug/l

Progesterone .06 nmol/l. < 0.7

Estradiol 126 pmol/l < 159

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

That’s a good point. Here‘s a set of labs from 2019, thyroid, prog, iron levels and lipids, vs my latest set of labs that I just had done in august. Looks like I was on a low dose of NDT in the 2019 labs. Overall my cholesterol levels went up on my recent labs, compared to these 2019 labs

So are u saying in situations where more cholesterol is being used to create certain hormones, a person could theoretically see a decrease in cholesterol levels, due to more of it being used to create said hormones?

8-28-19
On 1/4 grain WP thyroid ED in am for 1 month. Labs done 24 hours after last dose.

No HCG

Progesterone - 0.6 (<1.4)

T3 total - 130 (76-181)

T4 total - 6.3 (4.5-10.5)

Free T3 - 3.9 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 0.9 (0.8-1.8)

Rt3 - 9 (8-25)

TSH - 0.60 (0.4-4.5)

Iron, Total - 106 (50-180)

Iron % saturation - 37% (15-60)

Iron Binding Capacity - 285 (250-425)

Ferritin - 45 (20-345)

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL - 183

HDL CHOLESTEROL - 59 (>40)

TRIGLYCERIDES - 36 (<150)

LDL-CHOLESTEROL - 113

8-8-23
350iu’s HCG/ week

No lugol‘s iodine (last dose 5-30-23)

Progesterone - 1.6 (<1.4)

T3 total - 116 (76-181)

T4 total - 5.3 (4.5-10.5)

Free T3 - 5.1 (2.3-4.2)

Free t4 - 1.2 (0.8-1.8)

Rt3 - 13 (8-25)

TSH - 0.02 (0.4-4.5)

Iron, Total - 115 (50-180)

Iron % saturation - 31% (15-60)

Iron Binding Capacity - 376 (250-425)

Ferritin - 17 (20-345)

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL - 218

HDL CHOLESTEROL - 55 (>40)

TRIGLYCERIDES - 32 (<150)

LDL-CHOLESTEROL - 153
Your low ferritin stands out here. Blood donations?

Gianluca

Smart man! Lol. Very rarely is hyperdosing anything gonna be good for the body. The body loves balance.

I am happy that I found a natural and easy way to raise my free T3 to the degree that 1 drop of 2% lugols has. It’s nice to know I can easily boost thyroid function whenever I want. I’m gonna see how much iodine I can get from the foods I eat on a regular basis, and see how high I can keep my free T3 without iodine supplementation. But if my free T3 ends up going back into the 3’s, I can see myself using a lower dose of lugols in the future. Basically find the minimum effective dose to get my free T3 into the high 4’s. I think overtime a drop per day of the 2% lugols just ended up being too much. But I am still an advocate for getting in a sufficient amount of iodine. I do still believe proper iodine ingestion has a ton of benefits, and is most likely something many people do not get enough of
@Gman86 we chatted before about Iodine, I’m currently using 250mcg only, I believe if someone wanted to supplement with it, 250mcg to 1mg max of Potassium Iodide may be k

Gman86

Your low ferritin stands out here. Blood donations?
Yup. Went in to donate a pint, and they convinced me to do double red. I’m O-, and since I’m on HRT and I eat red meat 3 times a day, everyday, my HGB is always high enough to qualify. They pretty much always try to get me to do a double red anytime I go Lol. Sometimes I give in, sometimes I don’t. But this last double red donation was on 7-20-23, and I had those labs where my ferritin was 17 done on 8-8-23

After hearing about @Systemlord experiences with ferritin, I think I’m gonna stop donating for quite a while. I want to see how I feel once my ferritin gets up to around the range where he started feeling good again. I think that’s around 70+, maybe higher, I can’t remember exactly. If he wants to chime in with what that level was exactly, that would be great

Gman86

@Gman86 we chatted before about Iodine, I’m currently using 250mcg only, I believe if someone wanted to supplement with it, 250mcg to 1mg max of Potassium Iodide may be k
Ya I think that’s a pretty solid recommendation. 1 drop of lugols 2% solution provides 2.5mg of iodine total. 1 mg of iodine, and 1.5mg of potassium iodide. I think this could still be a pretty good dose for most people. But for me, I think I just get too much iodine via my diet, and the 1 drop of lugols 2% per day might have been a tad bit too much. I’m really not even sure if it was too much tho, tbh. Other than my bottomed out TSH level, my thyroid labs look as good as they ever have. RT3 could be a little lower, but that seems to fluctuate no matter what I do. I haven’t been able to pinpoint how to keep that consistently in the single digits, where I prefer it. But a RT3 of 13 (8-25) isn’t too bad, so I can’t complain. And I’m not sure having a bottomed out TSH is even a bad thing, as long as the rest of the thyroid labs look good. Pretty sure TSH gets bottomed out when on synthetic T3 and T4 therapy. My guy just tells me that I would probably be a bit better off if I can maintain a free T3 level in the high 4’s, or low 5’s, while having a tsh more in the 0.5-1.0 range. I could be wrong about that tho, and where my thyroid levels have been on the 1 drop of 2% lugols could be pretty ideal, even with the bottomed out TSH level.

Here’s a couple vids talking about a realistically cautious/ safe dose of iodine, imo, that people should strive for daily. But this is how much people should be getting through a supplementation AND diet, I assume. So since I already consume a lot of foods relatively high in iodine daily, maybe taking an additional 2.5mg of iodine on top could be a little too much for me. But for some that don’t consume a lot of foods with a decent iodine content, 1 drop of 2% lugols could be just the right amount. Here’s the vids. Both recommend 1-3mg of iodine per day

Gianluca

Since we are talking about Progesterone here, has anyone tried a Product called Progest E?

I have been looking into Ray Peat’s work, and he mentioned about this product which is Progesterone mixed with some vitamin E, which according to him would by pass the first pass in the liver, therefore obtaining same result as injectable

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching