LVH and cardiomyopathy confirmed. Do I need to stop my Test/hgh

Buy Lab Tests Online

magnus68

Hi guys this is a follow up to 10 years in post. So its been confirmed by 2 sepearate Docs and Tests that I have below normal Ejection Fraction 35-40% and Mild LVH with cardiomyopathy. Neither cardiologist agrees with continuing on my TRT. But they have no conclusive evidence to think it may make things worse. I lift weights fairly heavy and my cardio could definately be better. Nelson if you (or any one else) that may have same issues, how should I alter my life? wokouts? I suspect that all is going to stabilize now that I am controlling my blood pressure.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

How old are you? What was your blood pressure, uncontrolled, and is it now under control? What is your TRT protocol? Has the doctor managing your androgen replacement weighed in on this? My doctor has three patients, that I know of, in her practice who have gone through cardiac bypass surgery and a number of patients in various stages of heart failure. By no means is testosterone absolutely contraindicated for cardiac patients.

magnus68

Coastwatcher,

My Trt is 200 mg a week and 2iu HGH. I am hypogonadic and panhypopituitarism
from head injury. BP was consistent ly 140/90 and now is 100/60. I have not told my endocrinologist because I know she will discontinue
She has been trying to tell me for a while that it could cause issues down the road.also on the dosages I am ion my test only gets to 400-600 and ihf 1 200

Last edited by a moderator:

magnus68

How is your blood pressure (and how has it been in the past year)?

Are you on betablockers or any other heart medication?

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...sues-10-years-in-(Left-Ventricle-Hypertrophy)

I would not get off TRT but would keep close monitoring of BP, hematocrit and estradiol.

Blood pressure was pre hypertensive 140's/90's for at least the last two years prior to being put on 10mg lisinopril and 25mg metropolol last week. One of them is making me cough and hiccup as well. I am going to ask for losartan instead of lisinopril

ERO

Yes, Lisinopril causes coughing as a side-effect in many people. My parents were two examples that I know of first hand.

GA8314

The ACE Inhibitors (ACEI) such as lisinopril can cause a cough. Nelson mentioned Losartan which is sort of a cousin drug called Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB). They do not cause a cough, and have a similar mechanism of action (at least act on the same RAS pathway) and similar efficacy.

I take Telmisartan, which is thought to have some additional properties, however clinically significant it's not clear. Telmisartan is also an ARB.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching