Xyosted

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fortunate

OK, guys, once again, I apologize. This is my third post on this topic, but I’ll give some more information and would love to see some opinions.

Like most here, I have been trying to dial in a sensible and well tolerated protocol for a long time. For a while, I was on low-dose daily and eventually moved away from it. However, in fairness, I did not stick to a specific dose for an extended period of time. Towards the end of the trial, I started noticing severe anxiety even with 6 to 8 mg per day. When considering the molecular weight conversion, this was actually less than 6 to 8 of actual testosterone. Didn’t seem to make sense, but went away from injections for a few weeks.

Meanwhile, I washed out my system for a few weeks on Natesto. I then restarted Xyosted with the intention of doing 50 mg every 5 to 7 days. Interestingly, I did not have the severe anxiety and hyper feeling that I noticed on the 6 to 8 mg small dose injections. Between one of the Xyosted injections, I went ahead and injected 10 mg of enanthate from the multi-use vial (commercial Pharma version), and, again noticed severe anxiety. I went back to Xyosted, 50 mg and did not have the same reaction.

In light of the fact that the Xyosted dose is five times larger than the dose I was injecting from the multi-use vial, I would not attribute my reaction to the low-dose injection to the actual testosterone. Therefore, it has to be something else. Both the multi-use vial and Xyosted have sesame oil as their carrier. However, the multi vial (commercial Pharma brand) has Chlorobutanol as a preservative and Xyosted has nothing. I’m starting to wonder if it’s something directly related to the Chlorobutanol, or the pharmacokinetics that are affected by it?

I recently realized that I have a different version of enanthate from Defy that does not use Chlorobutanol. When it comes around to my next schedule injection, I may try a low-dose from the Defy vial just to test the theory on the Chlorobutanol.

Wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on this? Has anyone else suspected a preservative as an influence on how they feel? Seems like a longshot, but nothing else seems to make sense. Alternatively, it may not actually be what’s in the multi-use vial, rather, it could be that the anxiety was provoked by injecting testosterone in a milieu that differered from the milieu when I was injecting Xyosted (i.e. the subjective response to anything we do is not always directly from what we are doing at that moment, but can be influenced by what we did in the weeks leading up to that treatment). However, I tend to doubt this.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

By the way, you may be wondering, why mess with it if Xyosted seems to be working? Good question. A few reasons: cost and flexibility.

As of now, Xyosted is covered, as I met my deductible. But, to dose more than once a week, I have to pay cash for a second Rx each month. Even with a really good discount, it's costly. And, next year, when my deductible resets, it'll be even more costly.

The other is flexibility. I really love the idea of no preservatives in Xyosted, but 50mg at one time can be a lot. For now, I tolerate it, but it is quite possible, even likely, that as my average levels rise, I may not tolerate it as well. In that case, I am boxed in by the single dose.

Willyt

By the way, you may be wondering, why mess with it if Xyosted seems to be working? Good question. A few reasons: cost and flexibility.

As of now, Xyosted is covered, as I met my deductible. But, to dose more than once a week, I have to pay cash for a second Rx each month. Even with a really good discount, it's costly. And, next year, when my deductible resets, it'll be even more costly.

The other is flexibility. I really love the idea of no preservatives in Xyosted, but 50mg at one time can be a lot. For now, I tolerate it, but it is quite possible, even likely, that as my average levels rise, I may not tolerate it as well. In that case, I am boxed in by the single dose.
Sounds like it is indeed working without anxiety, so stick with the Xyosted and don't add anything else. As we saw from @sh1973 recent post, 1x per week is preferable for some people. Maybe this is the piece of puzzle you've been missing.

Dialingitin

... However, I find that I feel great on the first half of the week and by day six and seven, I run out of gas.

I am wondering if anyone else can share their experience?

This is my experience and I am now experimenting with supplemental cream on days 5 and 7 (scrotum). Amount is cream is equivalent to apprx 8mg, so not very much. But it is working well for me so far (and I like the light "DHT" bump!)

Mastodont

"
Sub-q vs IM, the volume of injection, injection depth, site of injection, lymphatic flow, the concentration of BOH (benzyl alcohol) are other possible factors that can affect absorption rates of the esterified hormone.

I have stated in the past that BOH apparently causes a large bolus of the prodrug to be released earlier which was discussed in this paper that I posted in a thread from 2018."

I currently have enanthate that has benzyl benzoate as a preservative, from my understanding it is converted to benzyl alcohol in the body, could it have similar effects?

Willyt

"
Sub-q vs IM, the volume of injection, injection depth, site of injection, lymphatic flow, the concentration of BOH (benzyl alcohol) are other possible factors that can affect absorption rates of the esterified hormone.

I have stated in the past that BOH apparently causes a large bolus of the prodrug to be released earlier which was discussed in this paper that I posted in a thread from 2018."

I currently have enanthate that has benzyl benzoate as a preservative, from my understanding it is converted to benzyl alcohol in the body, could it have similar effects?
On same topic, I noticed that Empower's ingredients listed:
Enanthate (200mg/ml): Benzyl Alcohol 1% as preservative
Propionate (100mg/ml): Benzyl Benzoate 15% / Benzyl Alcohol 1% as preservative

Why would Propionate have both, but Enanthate only Benzyl Alcohol?

Mastodont

Meanwhile, I washed out my system for a few weeks on Natesto. I then restarted Xyosted with the intention of doing 50 mg every 5 to 7 days. Interestingly, I did not have the severe anxiety and hyper feeling that I noticed on the 6 to 8 mg small dose injections. Between one of the Xyosted injections, I went ahead and injected 10 mg of enanthate from the multi-use vial (commercial Pharma version), and, again noticed severe anxiety. I went back to Xyosted, 50 mg and did not have the same reaction.
Was this in-between-shot IM? I wonder if anyone has tried xyosted IM, pretty sure eveyone has a spot they could inject shallow IM(side thigh), might be an interesting trial to see if you get any of that anxiety from IM xyosted?

Fortunate

Was this in-between-shot IM? I wonder if anyone has tried xyosted IM, pretty sure eveyone has a spot they could inject shallow IM(side thigh), might be an interesting trial to see if you get any of that anxiety from IM xyosted?
It was subcutaneous. However, you might be onto something. It is possible that I tolerate Xyosted better simply because of how the auto injector pen forcefully pushes the medication deeply into the subcutaneous tissues as opposed to a small insulin type needle which leaves the medication just below the dermis.

Fortunate

One day I want to empty out or backfill some Xyosted into a 29g 1/2" and IM with it.
I have sterile vials. A while back, I injected into a sterile vial and used it to draw up the small amounts I wanted to inject. Worked well, but I got nervous about contamination. Also, it's a pain to draw up unless the volume in the vial is large, which would require several Xyosted pens to fill the vial, and if you're doing that, again - sterility.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me