Would Blood panel be affected by donation 3 days previous?

Buy Lab Tests Online

albatross

Because of timing I have had to do a blood panel 3 days after giving blood and I am worried it will skew results. I was going to wait 10 days after the test but because I have to travel for work I have just had to bite the bullet and get it done early.

I predict that HCT will be lower than usual but will it affect any other markers? particularly hormones?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Because of timing I have had to do a blood panel 3 days after giving blood and I am worried it will skew results. I was going to wait 10 days after the test but because I have to travel for work I have just had to bite the bullet and get it done early.

I predict that HCT will be lower than usual but will it affect any other markers? particularly hormones?

No!

I would expect that it would though I don't know. My Dr has advised me 2 weeks for a CBC after donating but that's specifically about HCT levels and not hormones. I shoot everyday so it wouldn't matter but if the donation was poorly timed between your shots ya I think it would possibly skew some things.

albatross

Results are in and all hormones were down by about 20%-30%

Total T has been rock solid at 1000-1200 the last 9 months but these results had it around the 800 level.

Everything else had dropped as well. So maybe it is a coincidence or maybe blood donations do skew things for a few days.

madman

Super Moderator
Results are in and all hormones were down by about 20%-30%

Total T has been rock solid at 1000-1200 the last 9 months but these results had it around the 800 level.

Everything else had dropped as well. So maybe it is a coincidence or maybe blood donations do skew things for a few days.

Donating blood has absolutely no impact on lowering T levels.

Just for the convo sake when I donate blood I never take my regularly sched injection until after I'm done. Just seems the right way to approach it.

I think it's pretty obvious your looking at serum levels and having a blood draw would reduce something, I don't know but that's just the way that I approach my care.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I think it's pretty obvious [you're] looking at serum levels and having a blood draw would reduce something, I don't know but that's just the way that I approach my care.
Arguably the blood loss is transiently reducing the distribution space, in which case levels of testosterone could actually rise a little in response to the continuing inflow from injected depots.

TorontoTRT

3 days post blood donation I had a blood test to see how the donation impacted my high HH. The numbers already reflected the donation results. Hct 56 down to 50. Hg 19 down to 17.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me