madman

Super Moderator
Love this!

Screenshot (31889).png

Screenshot (31892).png

Screenshot (31891).png

Screenshot (31893).png

DorianGray

True. Our fate is blowing in the wind. I have one cousin, sharp as a tack mentally, incredible memory still, long-time diabetic, overweight, severe eyesight loss due to diabetes, etc. Still jolly, happy to be alive. I'll call him this January as I do every year, on his 97th birthday. Go figure.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
This gentleman is on the money; good genes. He also has excellent cognitive function. For those of us whose genetic lineage isn't good, it's a toss of the dice or spin of the roulette wheel.
To an extent, but he seems to minimize the effect of all his exercise on both his longevity and on his ability to continue exercising. Is he able to run up and down the stairs at 95 because he he has good genes, or is he still alive and full of vigor at 95 because he runs up and down the stairs? You know that both are contributing, but it makes a lot more sense for us to focus on the latter, which is within our control.

His dietary philosophy of everything in moderation is not inconsistent with longevity or something that he needed good genes to overpower. If you listen to Peter Attia, he will tell you the particulars of diet are a lot less important than he used to think it was, so long as you are not overeating, and not eating alot of garbage.

tropicaldaze1950

To an extent, but he seems to minimize the effect of all his exercise on both his longevity and on his ability to continue exercising. Is he able to run up and down the stairs at 95 because he he has good genes, or is he still alive and full of vigor at 95 because he runs up and down the stairs? You know that both are contributing, but it makes a lot more sense for us to focus on the latter, which is within our control.

His dietary philosophy of everything in moderation is not inconsistent with longevity or something that he needed good genes to overpower. If you listen to Peter Attia, he will tell you the particulars of diet are a lot less important than he used to think it was, so long as you are not overeating, and not eating alot of garbage.
Get it. He's been physically active all of his adult life, so he didn't descend into frailty but his genetic legacy has played a role in his hardiness and ability to continue to exercise and remain physically active. Maybe one can maintain physical health/strength even with less than stellar genes.

My father, who had mediocre health, took up jogging in his mid 60s, working up to 3 miles per day until rheumatoid arthritis made it painful for him to even walk. With jogging out, he took up swimming, working up to a mile a day. It was cancer that took his life, not another heart attack, which he thought would bring about his demise. He was a tough guy in a good way. He's why I still survive with bipolar illness.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
He released a short video on this very topic today:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching