Why did my testosterone levels drop by almost 50%?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jobshopper

I had my labs done last week and my Total Testosterone level dropped almost 50%. My Free Testosterone level also dropped by almost 50%. My PCP checks my numbers every 3 months and everything has been pretty consistent for the past 18 months. I haven't made any changes to the protocol that I have been on for the past 18 months. Has anyone else ever experienced this? What could be the cause?

... sittin' here scratchin' my head!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I had my labs done last week and my Total Testosterone level dropped almost 50%. My Free Testosterone level also dropped by almost 50%. My PCP checks my numbers every 3 months and everything has been pretty consistent for the past 18 months. I haven't made any changes to the protocol that I have been on for the past 18 months. Has anyone else ever experienced this? What could be the cause?

... sittin' here scratchin' my head!
Did you start using a new vial of testosterone?

T

tareload

1. TRT protocol (amounts and injection frequency)?
  2. Lab results (prior and now) TT/FT/SHBG?
  3. What test for TT/FT (lab assay)?
  4. When did/do you pull blood work relative to your injection?

Systemlord

Has anyone else ever experienced this?
Yes, when I first started TRT, on two separate occasions, in the beginning I get crazy high levels on very little T, but as time went on my levels drop requiring more T to achieve similar levels.

This happened on injections and Jatenzo. TRT is not a set and forget therapy.

Don't overthink it, just adjust your protocol until you get your desired levels/symptoms relief.

Last edited:

jobshopper

1. TRT protocol (amounts and injection frequency)?
  2. Lab results (prior and now) TT/FT/SHBG?
  3. What test for TT/FT (lab assay)?
  4. When did/do you pull blood work relative to your injection?
Thank you for your reply. I don't believe that most of what you ask is relevant... no offense. As for number 4, I always do my draw on the same day relative to my injection. No change there. I am a retired engineer (69 years old) so I am very careful to keep track of these things. Again, thank you for your reply, do you have a hypothesis?

jobshopper

Yes, when I first start TRT, on two separate occasions, in the beginning I get crazy high levels on very little T, but as time goes on my levels drop requiring more T to achieve similar levels.

This happened on injections and Jatenzo. TRT is not a set and forget therapy.

Don't overthink it, just adjust your protocol until you get your desired levels/symptoms relief.
Thank you for your reply. I have been on my current protocol for over a year. I do understand what you are saying but a radical drop of 50% in 90 days seems huge to me.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Thank you for your reply. I have been on my current protocol for over a year. I do understand what you are saying but a radical drop of 50% in 90 days seems huge to me.
Could be variability between vials? This is supposedly a problem with some compounding pharmacies and less reputable pharmaceutical brands like Sun Pharma.

jobshopper

Did you start using a new vial of testosterone?
Hello Vince,
Yes. I started a new vial two weeks ago. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? ... maybe a bad vial? I will see my PCP on Tuesday to review my labs. I'm thinking that this is going to be one-off and I doubt that he will be concerned. It will probably be 90 days before I do labs again. A vial last me about 12 weeks so I won't get another one for awhile yet.

jobshopper

Could be variability between vials? This is supposedly a problem with some compounding pharmacies and less reputable pharmaceutical brands like Sun Pharma.
Yep. That's what I'm thinking. I have been getting my T vials from Walgreens for 4 years now and this is a first. I'm curious as to whether there could be something other than a bad vial that could cause this. ... maybe a problem in the way they processed the sample?

T

tareload

Thank you for your reply. I don't believe that most of what you ask is relevant... no offense. As for number 4, I always do my draw on the same day relative to my injection. No change there. I am a retired engineer (69 years old) so I am very careful to keep track of these things. Again, thank you for your reply, do you have a hypothesis?
Fair enough or more accurately your call. Good luck.

To answer your question...Hypotheses?

1. Rule out pharmacokinetic cause. You mention same day on 4 but is this trough draw or blood draw hours after injection?

2. Lab error

3. Vial concentration...very remote chance since you are getting Pharma Test.

Since you dont think many of the questions are relevant and didn't fully answer Q4 above it makes it hard to say for hypothesis 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

jobshopper

Fair enough or more accurately your call. Good luck.

To answer your question...Hypotheses?

1. Rule out pharmacokinetic cause. You mention same day on 4 but is this trough draw or blood draw hours after injection?

2. Lab error

3. Vial concentration...very remote chance since you are getting Pharma Test.

Since you dont think many of the questions are relevant and didn't fully answer Q4 above it makes it hard to say for hypothesis 1.
I always do my blood draw early in the morning before my injection. I've been doing it this way for 4 years.

jobshopper

I would re-test on your own. Cheap and easy with Discounted Labs.
Thank you for your reply. I will see my PCP on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure he will authorize a re-test if he's concerned about it and the insurance will cover it. I'm guessing that he may just blow it off and tell me to retest in 3 months since with the exception of my Total T, Free T, and Bioavailable T, all of my other numbers are gold!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me