What tests to do after 6 weeks of HCG monotherapy?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DanBD

I have been taking 3 x 600 IU per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) of HCG for six weeks. You can see from my prior test results that my free testosterone was abysmally low. I don't feel different after the HCG monotherapy.

Prior tests:

I am ready to try injecting testosterone, since HCG didn't seem to help noticeably. Before I learned about HCG, and the ability to mitigate the negatives of testosterone injections, I wasn't keen on t shots.

BTW, the instructions with HCG say not to use it and testosterone supplements (jabs, whatever) simultaneously if the problem is hypogonadadotropic hypogonadism (not my problem) and the desired outcome is fertility. It also says to continue the treatment (2500-5000IU x2 per week) for three months before expecting an improvement. My issue is t level and low sperm volume. Actually, it may have improved already but hard to measure.

These t shots are only $1.50 each.

I want to do minimal labs to see what, if anything, HCG did for me. What tests should I take? Ultrasensitive estriadol is not available here. I was just going to do free testosterone.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

obesechess

I don't want to speak out of turn here, but in my non-professional opinion, you are doing too many things too quickly. You are 54 years old, on blood thinners, overweight, and don't exercise regularly. You got one blood test done, and two days later you ask for advice regarding it. @Systemlord , who knows his stuff, tells you that your free T looks very low and that given the circumstances you should talk to a doctor about TRT.

One day after that, you posted "Would I cause myself a problem if I tried HCG before considering testosterone? How do people take HCG?" and then one day after that you posted "I picked up some HCG and took it."

Now a few weeks later you're "ready to start TRT" because you "don't feel any different" but don't know what to look for on the "minimal" blood tests you plan to order.

Are you working with a doctor or just DIYing this? It seems to be the latter, in which case I would doubly advise caution.

Your health is a marathon, not a sprint.

Last edited:

sammmy

You should do CBC with differential (contains RBC and Hemoglobin), Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, Lipid Panel, Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone with Dialysis, SHBG.

The tests should be done fasting in the morning, before the next jab of HCG i.e. at trough levels of HCG.

DanBD

I don't want to speak out of turn here, but in my non-professional opinion, you are doing too many things too quickly. You are 54 years old, on blood thinners, overweight, and don't exercise regularly. You got one blood test done, and two days later you ask for advice regarding it. @Systemlord , who knows his stuff, tells you that your free T looks very low and that given the circumstances you should talk to a doctor about TRT.

One day after that, you posted "Would I cause myself a problem if I tried HCG before considering testosterone? How do people take HCG?" and then one day after that you posted "I picked up some HCG and took it."

Now a few weeks later you're "ready to start TRT" because you "don't feel any different" but don't know what to look for on the "minimal" blood tests you plan to order.

Are you working with a doctor or just DIYing this? It seems to be the latter, in which case I would doubly advise caution.

Your health is a marathon, not a sprint.
I welcome the input. The UK health service looked at my testosterone level, and other comprehensive tests, and say I am fine. So that is a dead end for me.

Here in Bangladesh I have the help of a doctor friend. This low free testosterone problem is something I have had for more than ten years. It didn't go away in periods when I was extremely fit and low body fat. In 2019 I walked to everest base camp, taking in the three high passes route. Back then I was spending 3 months a year hiking in Nepal.

I can get tests done cheaply here and the meds are cheap. I can't afford to do this privately in the UK.

I was exercising up to a few weeks ago when I wrenched my ankle in an accident. Normally I walk for a couple of hours every day.

DanBD

You should do CBC with differential (contains RBC and Hemoglobin), Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, Lipid Panel, Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone with Dialysis, SHBG.

The tests should be done fasting in the morning, before the next jab of HCG i.e. at trough levels of HCG.

Thanks for posting.

SHBG test isn't available here. Over 15 years of testing, mine is always very high (like 80). I managed to drop it to half of that taking tongkat Ali a few years ago, but it didn't have any impact on free T.

Is there a reason for checking total testosterone when also checking free testosterone? Genuine question. I always have abundant testosterone, going back 15 years, and hardly any free testosterone. I wonder if people add this test for a reason, in which case I will definitely add it on, or because of convention.

Along with your HCG I would add FSH (50IU 2x a week) for about 3 months and then do labs.

Where can I read about FSH supplements?

Vince

Super Moderator
They have 75iu freeze dried bottles of the stuff. But what does it do for me if I take it? Online I read about women taking it when they want to get pregnant.
This thread will answer your questions.

DanBD

This thread will answer your questions.

Yes, that is brilliant. So I need to keep up 3x 500iu of HCG if I start taking testosterone, which I plan to, and FSH will be important if I need to bring up my sperm count at some point.

FSH is about $15 for 75IU here in Bangladesh.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, that is brilliant. So I need to keep up 3x 500iu of HCG if I start taking testosterone, which I plan to, and FSH will be important if I need to bring up my sperm count at some point.

FSH is about $15 for 75IU here in Bangladesh.

I would. Here's a good article by @HealthMan.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me