What is the link between TRT and Prostate Cancer?

Buy Lab Tests Online

vbbuilt

Seems medical science hasn't found a specific cause for prostate cancer yet when detected, the first thing that doctors mandate is cessation of TRT. Why is that? I've read that some men with prostate cancer have low levels of T. Do high levels of testosterone make prostate cancer worse?

I'm 60 and on HRT with HCG and sermorelin and found out recently my PSA is elevated. I've made wonderful progress with muscular development, enhanced muscle tone, reduced body fat and dropped 20 lbs overall. I don't know if I have any issues, so further tests are warranted.

I'm just trying to understand that correlation between T and prostate cancer. I don't want to be told to canx the HRT and loose all the gains I've made.

Thanks, Vince

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Smokin Joe

Vince I'll give you my take on the relationship of TRT and prostatate cancer. First of all I don't beleive prostate cancer is caused by elevated testosterone. I have been paying close attention to men around me both at work and in my family who have contracted cancer of the prostate. All of these guys have had elevated estrogen and low T. They are diabetic with metabolic syndrome. This includes my brother who had radical prostaectomy a year ago and still has the cancer. Also I found out that an Uncle of mine died of this cancer but he also fit this bill.
I am not saying that all cases of prostate cancer fits this catagory but certainly alot do.
If high testosterone causes prostate cancer then why in the peak of our youth do we not get the cancer when our hormones are at their highest ?? My son is 32 years old with TT of 800+and a PSA of .4.
The use of testosterone will cause a rise in psa as it did mine. I came off for 120 days so far and my psa is back down to 2.0. I'll go for six months to see how far down it does come before I start TRT again.
There are many facotrs that go into this mix and for sure it is not completely understood by the medical profession.
One thing is for certain that prostate cancer is androgen dependent and will grow rapidly on Testosterne.
You did not post your current PSA and are you planning a biopsy ?

Joe

vbbuilt

Joe, my last blood test showed 4 for PSA (a couple months ago), but I haven't had a chance to get to a urologist for a follow-up. I don't have elevated estrogen and my blood sugar levels are very normal and definitely not diabetic. Workout 6 - 7 days a week. My T is in the 800's.

Trying to gather my facts before scheduling. Thanks for the quick response! Vince.

vbbuilt

Normal. I've had a prostate infection before and treated. That's why I'm not in much of a hurry to get re-tested. But,that was about 3, maybe 4 years ago and now I'm older. These "niggling" health issues are popping up more frequently, Argh! :)

Smokin Joe

Vince as you know 0-4 is in the normal range so I don't blame you for researching the subject before you go in to the Doc.
Also I hope that you have a Doc who listens to you as mine is always in a hurry to get in and get out.
If you are into holistic treatments for prostate issues I would recommend Pom-T. It has some clinicals behind it and I take it. Another one is Crinum Latifolium for BPH. It is a Vietnamese grown plant with clinicals behind it as well.
Unfortunately for infection my choice is Cipro.
Let us know how it goes and what your previous psa was. It would be helpful.
I am missing my T tremendously but am trying for six months to establish the best psa base before I make any decisions.
I read in another site where a guy on TRT had a psa of 6.0. He decided to go off T for six months retest and have a biopsy. His psa immediately immediately started to drop but it took a while before it went back under 4. He decided to biopsy so he could make a sound decision before restarting T. All's well for him.

CoastWatcher

Vince, A good friend found himself in a situation similar to yours. In setting up his urological consultation he spent a good bit of time looking for a uro who was up-to-date and sympathetic to both prostate and trt protocols. His trt was managed, well, by a trt clinic. It took him some time to find the right urologist, he made a lot of inquiries, but he felt it was worth it.

He spoke to his trt clinic, friends in his area on trt, pharmacists (asking which urologists were prescribing testosterone), naturopaths. It did turn into a (seemingly) full-time quest for a few weeks, but it was worth it. The uro his internist wanted him to see was a "biopsy first, discussion later," and he felt the time was well worth it.

Just some thoughts. I wish you the best.

Phoenix

Vince, my PSA level is above the so called "normal" range and I am on TRT. I tend to listen to Dr. Abraham Morgentaler's recent studies done on the subject.
Below is a video pertaining to this. His interview starts around the 15:00 minute mark.
More specifically he speaks about TRT and prostate cancer at the 29:20 minute mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTm6rZ6dito
'
Also this article explains some of the pitfalls of Urologists and PSA testing.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevens...a-tests-might-hurt-a-lot-more-than-you-think/

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching