What does a high DHEA level mean?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pranayama

My recent labs say my DHEA level is high. I have never had this test before. What does it mean? I do recall reading low DHEA levels can mean you are a hyper metabolizer of test? So would this mean the opposite for me ?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
DHEA-S is what you had tested; correct?

Are you supplementing with DHEA?

Elevated levels is not a concern to be honest but it can aroamatase into E2; what are your estrogen levels?

To expound with Gene i.e., aromiatzation the delivery method, if being supplemented, can be a key driver for aromization. If you're naturally high (post your test #s and lab ranges) consider it a very good thing. Can be a sign of healthy adrenals. I'm not aware of this fast metabolizer of test...I think you mean SHBG.

Pranayama

Defy Labcorp labs with DHEA and Test

Labs with DHEA and Test
image.jpg

Pranayama

Just to add: I am 46 yrs old, 6ft , 203 lbs. I'm not sure of my body fat. My main issue I need to take care of right now is high hematocrit. I will do that through blood donations every month. I do excercise, but probably need to step it up more. I am a vegetarian who occasionally eats fish and chicken. I take a good whole food multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin d3, vitamin c, B12 and a baby aspirin daily. I was on TRT which is why my LH is low. Hopefully when I start with Defy medical the HCG can help with the LH.

Last edited:
High DHEA is nothing of concern. If/when you start on TRT monitor it frequently with your other standard follow up labs, always include it.

Vitamin_C

My DHEA also tends to run in the 400-500's. My last DHEA-S from my Defy labs was 545 and has increased about 100 points since TRT. I do not supplement with DHEA.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me