What about the others?

Buy Lab Tests Online

hfbjr

Hello everyone. I'm writing this after now 17 weeks of trt therapy. First off, this is not meant too be of any discouragement or cast any doubt, or be negative. This is my personal experience and I'm sharing it with you.

After 17 weeks of trt, which after reflecting upon, I began to question is it working for me? I constantly read about trt therapy changing people's lives, Outlook, etc . I was so happy once I was diagnosed with what was ailing me. I mean one endo actually told me I needed some depression meds,and a sun tan. Finally found 2 docs, although there treatment was too costly.

As I reflect on my journey, I began to think about my mostly downhill battles with trt, constant battles with estrogen sides (gyno). Sure there were some ok days, but mood, energy, etc never really took off. Which got me too thinking, is it possible that for some, this is the ugly downside too getting old? Everyone's different, genetics, our psychological make up etc , that maybe it will not eliminate the tiredness, mood , overall feeling of down?

Please understand that this was in no way a negative post on the field of trt. It wasn't meant too discourage. Maybe I set the bar too high, expecting too much? I guess I'd like to hear from those in similar situations.

Enjoy your weekend

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

hfbjr

Before I toss in the towel, I am thinking of trying every day injections or every other day injections vs twice a week.

MAD King

You need to read a little bit more about TRT, in my opinion. You also have to do a lot more blood work done in the beginning to see where your levels are. Have you ever read Nelson's book? When it was available in store (Amazon) I had to buy it, but he is offering it now for free.

I was trying to find the download link, but wasn't able to. Maybe Nelson jumps in.

I followed his guideline from his book and it works for me absolutely perfect for years.

CoastWatcher

First of all, I am sorry to read of your experience. You are an established member of the Forum, and a patient of Dr. Crisler, aren't you? While it is true that not all men experience success with GRT, most do. I am a daily injector, you referenced that might be a choice you make, depending on what you are dealing with it can make a world of difference.

What does Dr. Crisler say? He has seen it all.

Last edited:
Its never as easy as it's presented, and so many other things manifest themselves like Thyroid, and Adrenals...it's all a very complex web.

hfbjr

I've done many labs throughout my course of treatment. I think I thought testosterone therapy would be the game changer I needed. More energy, drive, recomposition (I'm not fat), little depressed. I will say my thinking is better. But that's it.

I'm a patient of Dr saya.

Again, please don't take this post as bad mouthing of defy or there staff/ doctors.
They have been wonderful.

CoastWatcher

I've done many labs throughout my course of treatment. I think I thought testosterone therapy would be the game changer I needed. More energy, drive, recomposition (I'm not fat), little depressed. I will say my thinking is better. But that's it.

I'm a patient of Dr saya.

Again, please don't take this post as bad mouthing of defy or there staff/ doctors.
They have been wonderful.

I don't believe any of us feel you're criticizing anyone. It's just disappointing to hear from someone who has been frustrated in their pursuit of health. I hope that you at least this candid with Dr. Saya, and I certainly wish you all the best.

hfbjr

I'm thinking of changing my dosing schedule, once I take it up with defy. I noticed that after injection days especially on Fri when I inject at 7pm, I get strong sensations/ activity in my chest. I'm thinking a spike is causing that.

Thanks for the kind words coastwatcher

maxadvance

Your journey has been all of 17 weeks, you project in your writing like it's been a lifetime. Personally I think it takes at least 3 labworks and 3 adjustments based on those labs to START getting dialed in. In your writing I can tell just how emotional you are about this, you're bummed, your apologetic, and your sincere. You sound like my gf on her period. Follow up with Defys' staff for an adjustment, certainly focus on your E2, and stay active, do something to get the heart rate up and keep the blood flowing to disperse those meds. Sorry.

1Draw

HFBJR:

The majority of us has had to do constant tweaking to get the exact level of each hormone in balance that works for our bodies metabolism and genetics. It is a trial and error process of which I can attest to. I started T therapy in Nov 2014 with 2 series of pellets, switched to gels, then to T cypionate with grapeseed oil - had allergies to the oil - and now on T cypionate with sesame oil so for 20 months I've been looking for that missing piece. Thats months, not weeks!

Would I do it again? Absolutely because I can feel some positive changes and I know the abundance of health benefits of having higher levels of T is protecting me and also I know with Defy that I am very, very close to finding the missing piece of the puzzle.

So, to quote Jim Valvano - Don't ever, ever give up! Dr Saya will get you there.

MAD King

1Draw: How do you describe the missing piece?
What is it what is not working? Anything on your blood level or from your physical feeling?

Jay

I agree totally with maxadvance After being on TRT for almost 2 years now I am still getting dialed in if you can believe that, but I am now feeling way better. It took over a year for me to really start feeling good. I am a patient of Defy and they identified that I am really sensitive to E2. If it goes too high or low I feel like crap. The sweet spot is very narrow for me.

1Draw

1Draw: How do you describe the missing piece?
What is it what is not working? Anything on your blood level or from your physical feeling?

Problems have eased a bit but mostly low libido, fatigue, mental fog, etc. Believe my missing piece is E2 needs to be in mid to lower part of the reference levels. Also have high SHBG and high progesterone.

Last blood test done 6/9 was Total T - 1299 - Free T 23.2 - E2 - 36.1 (down from 41.8 on 4/28) and SHBG 78. Progesterone was 6.6 ng/ml (0.2 - 4.4) on 4/28.

Am due for another blood test 8/4 since lowered T dose from 100 mg 1 x wk to 60mg 1 x wk on 6/30 in hopes of lowering E2 and progesterone. IMO my E2 needs to be around 20-25. That is when my libido and energy was the best for a short period of time while I was on the pellets.

I am also declaring a holiday on DHEA/Pregnenolone since both can cause elevated estrogens.

1Draw

I agree totally with maxadvance After being on TRT for almost 2 years now I am still getting dialed in if you can believe that, but I am now feeling way better. It took over a year for me to really start feeling good. I am a patient of Defy and they identified that I am really sensitive to E2. If it goes too high or low I feel like crap. The sweet spot is very narrow for me.

Jay, what was your E2 when you felt the best? Thanks

MAD King

Draw, have you tried to inject more frequently as board members describe it here? It will adjust the E2, so hey say if i did not misunderstood this. I am injecting EOD and do a blood test in four weeks to see if it works.

1Draw

Mad King I have very high SHBG which keeps my free in the lower range. I think it is definitely worth discussing on next consult if it keeps E2 in check and free T in a healthy range.

CoastWatcher

Mad King I have very high SHBG which keeps my free in the lower range. I think it is definitely worth discussing on next consult if it keeps E2 in check and free T in a healthy range.

As Dr. Saya and others note in this thread, frequent, smaller injections is a protocol more in keeping with low SHBG (and you have issues at the other end of the range). Nonetheless, I would certainly raise the possibility during your next consultation.

All the best.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-2x-or-3x-week-better&highlight=SHBG+frequent

Jay

As Dr. Saya and others note in this thread, frequent, smaller injections is a protocol more in keeping with low SHBG (and you have issues at the other end of the range). Nonetheless, I would certainly raise the possibility during your next consultation.

All the best.

yep i am on daily injections

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale