TRT has been underwhelming for 4+ years - Low SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

ERO

TRT for me has always been underwhelming even though my blood work is fine, I eat well and exercise 5 to 6 days a week. Libido was far better when I had low T than it has even been since. Tri-mix works, but with my low libido I don't really care much about having sex. No appreciable muscle gain or fat loss either after 4 year of solid hard work. No issues with Prolactin, thyroid or E2, no blood pressure meds, no anti-depressants, not diabetic or pre-diabetic, not hugely overweight, no sleep issues - bottom line, TRT really doesn't do much for me even though I keep hoping for some sort of break-through for low SHBG guys.

I have seen posts where the question is asked - "Why do guys on TRT want to get off?" Well, if you are like me and you dont feel much of anything from it, and it costs you a ton of money for blood work, doctors, Test, HCG, etc...I know that at 50 my natural T levels are gonna be low, so I will probably stay on, but it sure is a lot of cost and effort for damn little reward for some of us.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jger242

Well it could be from some other problem(s)

Basics that most dob do not correct.

*restful consistent sleep 7-9 hrs
*hydrate everyday
*oxygenate...at least 30 minutes of low to medium effort cardio. 3-5 times/wk
*consume protein with every meal
*reduce controllable stress
* Do Not overtrain or overplay...

Write what you are doing down. Analyze it and adjust accordingly...

Good luck!

Vince

Super Moderator
TRT for me has always been underwhelming even though my blood work is fine, I eat well and exercise 5 to 6 days a week. Libido was far better when I had low T than it has even been since. Tri-mix works, but with my low libido I don't really care much about having sex. No appreciable muscle gain or fat loss either after 4 year of solid hard work. No issues with Prolactin, thyroid or E2, no blood pressure meds, no anti-depressants, not diabetic or pre-diabetic, not hugely overweight, no sleep issues - bottom line, TRT really doesn't do much for me even though I keep hoping for some sort of break-through for low SHBG guys.

I have seen posts where the question is asked - "Why do guys on TRT want to get off?" Well, if you are like me and you dont feel much of anything from it, and it costs you a ton of money for blood work, doctors, Test, HCG, etc...I know that at 50 my natural T levels are gonna be low, so I will probably stay on, but it sure is a lot of cost and effort for damn little reward for some of us.

ERO, I don't understand why TRT does nothing for you? I know we are all so different and all things affect us differently. Low SHBG must have a big effect. I'll never forget the first day I injected testosterone, I could feel the postitive effect in minutes.

Jay

ERO,

What is your current dosage of T for the week? Would you Dr. be willing to try and up your dose for a while to see if higher levels can boost your libido?

ERO

I am at 100 mg twice a week for a total of 200 a week. That is one of the issues with low SHBG - you just don't feel much of anything from Testosterone.

ERO

What were your symptoms when you initially sought treatment? Have any of them improved?

Low libido, low energy, not making any progress in the gym even with dedicated effort and decent diet. The only thing that has improved over the last 4 years of TRT is my energy level. My libido was low when I started, but now I wish it was as good as it was when I had low T.

ERO

ERO, I don't understand why TRT does nothing for you? I know we are all so different and all things affect us differently. Low SHBG must have a big effect. I'll never forget the first day I injected testosterone, I could feel the postitive effect in minutes.

Google "Low SHBG and TRT" and you will quickly see what the effects are. To summarize, with low SHBG one generally does not feel much if any benefit from TRT, which is my exact situation. To guys like me, a shot of testosterone is like a shot of saline in terms of what it feels like.

HarryCat

I'm in the same boat. I've been on TRT for 3 years with no appreciable benefit. My SHBG is mid-range and that doesn't help either.

For the past 6 months I've been working with a very experienced TRT doc who has some ideas that I am currently trying out. Haven't gotten my labs to where he wants them yet on this new protocol. I'm still hoping for that breakthrough, but I've come to accept that it may not happen.

CoastWatcher

I am at 100 mg twice a week for a total of 200 a week. That is one of the issues with low SHBG - you just don't feel much of anything from Testosterone.

Have you considered even more frequent, perhaps daily, injections? I have one acquaintance who injects 20mg daily. His SHBG is consistently measured at 14-18.

ERO

Have you considered even more frequent, perhaps daily, injections? I have one acquaintance who injects 20mg daily. His SHBG is consistently measured at 14-18.

I did daily injections for about 5 months straight a little over a year ago. Sadly, I could feel no difference at all between doing that and twice weekly, so I eventually went back to twice weekly for convenience.

I was going to ask if you have looked into adding Proviron to your protocol........but the reason to use Proviron is the characteristic it has.......it lowers SHBG and therefore theoretically increases Free Testosterone. I remember seeing previous posts from you where your Free Testosterone shows off the charts on paper, but still leaves you feeling sheepish.

ERO

My SHBG is already too low, so lowering it further sounds counter-intuitive. I'd give it a try though if I could get any Proviron. I am willing to try anything to somehow get some of the promised benefits of TRT.

My SHBG is already too low, so lowering it further sounds counter-intuitive. I'd give it a try though if I could get any Proviron. I am willing to try anything to somehow get some of the promised benefits of TRT.

Are you working with Defy? Maybe they could prescribe it to you. I'm not sure if it would work or not, but on other forums I've seen guys adding it to their protocol......guys who seemed to not be getting what they were looking for from TRT alone. Increased libido, increased energy, sense of well being......feeling great. Most who have tried it love it. It also has some anti estrogen effect......not to replace an AI if you are already using AI's......but you should google it and see what others are saying about it.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Proviron is illegal in the US.

I am still waiting for someone with low SHBG to let me know what happens to their SHBG when they use Metformin.

The main reason for low SHBG is high insulin. High insulin may be indicative of insulin resistance.

ERO

Proviron is illegal in the US.

I am still waiting for someone with low SHBG to let me know what happens to their SHBG when they use Metformin.

The main reason for low SHBG is high insulin. High insulin may be indicative of insulin resistance.

I have used 1000 mg per day of Metformin for the past 6 weeks and I tested SHBG before starting and again at 4 weeks. No changes in SHBG level.

I do not have and never have had insulin resistance. My fasting glucose levels are always in the mid-80s. For some of us with low SHBG it is not caused by being overweight and or being diabetic or pre-diabetic.

I have low SHBG and TRT works fine for me....it has helped. Can't say perfect but much improved. Libido is good....desire there still some ED challenges but overall good.

I compensate for low SHBG by dosing with fairly small amounts via sub-q EOD also do same with hcg

Might try similar

ERO

Around 18 months ago now, I was on daily sub-Q dosing with Test Prop (Supposedly a better ester of T for low SHBG guys, according to some subjective opnions) for 6 months. Unfortunately, it felt no different than anything else that I have tried.

It is hard to describe to guys that respond well to Testosterone - but for me, a shot of Test or a shot of saline - they feel the same even with what looks like ideal numbers on paper.

I have used 1000 mg per day of Metformin for the past 6 weeks and I tested SHBG before starting and again at 4 weeks. No changes in SHBG level.

I do not have and never have had insulin resistance. My fasting glucose levels are always in the mid-80s. For some of us with low SHBG it is not caused by being overweight and or being diabetic or pre-diabetic.

Ero:
What about your A1C? Sometimes standing glucose can be fine (such as me), however my A1C is in the pre-diabetes range 6.4. Also, sorry for the mention of Proviron without knowing it is illegal in the U.S. Thanks for alerting me to this Nelson. I'm sharing info that I see, sometimes I could be a loose cannon I guess!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me