Troubled and Concerned

Buy Lab Tests Online

mr.clean

Stats
48 yr. 6.0 205.
Over the last five years it seems that I have lost my edge. After reading and researching these symptoms that I have during this time. Lack of drive Memory loss, low libido, all pointed to low T. So after visiting my GP back in 2013 we had blood work done and I requested to check my T levels. Back at that time I did not know to ask for other items in the blood work.
My T levels were T,Free 12.9 pg/ml and total sitting at 413 and of course it sits in the mid range of normal. 291-739. Of course my GP has not much to say because in her book it is normal. I have also talked to my wife about this. So two years later and feeling much worse. I headed up to a clinic in Portland and before blood work was done they knew. But the costs of the treatment was not in the budget. My wife has convinced me to see my GP again and discuss it again then she will send me to an Endo. My wife was at our GP last week and heard horror stories about this clinic. Also she does not like the idea of being on for life. It seems I am fighting a battle to feel better. Over the last 2 weeks my desire to get back to the gym have been the worst.
I am one of these guys that lives at the gym. 5/2 split. Eat clean and diet good.

I have played out in my head the next couple of weeks.
GP is going to refer me to Endo. Endo is going to do blood work. will suggest other tests to look at from site, and go looks fine.... I am going to ask for some help what to do.
hit reset and it begins again.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Agree on trying to raise your natural levels first! Thyroid and cortisol are two things to check into as they both can wreak havoc on natural levels.

If that is not successful though, I would urge you to find a doctor that specializes in TRT. Many GPs and Endos are not really up on the latest techniques and as long as they get you into the normal range - even at the very bottom - they consider you "cured" of low T regardless of how you actually feel.

Also, FWIW, did you go to the "Universal ___ Clinic" in Prtland? They are horrible and have no idea of how to do TRT properly. I know because I talked to them last year. Ridiculously high prices on top of the complete lack of knowledge.

I am not affiliated with them, but myself and many of us here have had great results with Defy Medical. You don't have to travel to them, its all done via phone and email. Great prices, too.

mr.clean

Yes you are correct in the "Universal....." Before even having blood-work done they were ready to go. Spooked me a bit. Spooked me even more with the costs. I thought they would have known more. Thanks I will look into the other.

mr.clean

have not had them checked. this week I am requesting some blood work done with some of the the information I have gleened from yall. We may get a better picture of what is going on. also it has been all bad days.

mr.clean

Vince
Looking of the Natural ways of keeping T up.
Was doing a good job of most the ways
Sleep could be a factor here.
Also bit of stress at work....
Thanks

mr.clean

Blood work done on Friday, Referral made to have a sleep study. So we wait for blood work. and set appt for sleep study.
The blood work the Dr was good about the extra tests that I requested. Got all or most pre TRT treatment blood work. Doctor made reference that she did not know a lot of tests I had requested. She looked them up as she was writing the order. Nice part she did agree to help get a good picture of what is going on.
Some where along the way I may get a good nights sleep.

mr.clean

Bummer
Contacted the Dr. and advised that got my blood work back but did not have the Test.
They called me back and apologized and I got to run back in they took another sample.

mr.clean

Ok guys got the blood work back.
Dr called me as she got the results back and sent a referral to an endo. Nice for the phone call in limbo about the endo. I hope that he is a progressive type of doctor. So here are the numbers.

Free Testosterone 10.5 pg/ml reference range 4.3-30.4 pg/mL
Testosterone, Total 264 291-739 ng/dl

Estradiol 48 pg/ml reference range 0-56 pg/mL
DHEA-SO4 106 ug/dl 79-440 ug/dl
TSH 2.588 ulu/ml .550-4.780 ulu/ml
PSA .65 ng/ml <2.60 ng/ml
Hemocrit 44.9 35.9-47.1

Prolactin 5.6 ng/ml 2.1-17.7 ng/ml
LH 3.5 mlU/ml 1.4-9.4 mlU/ml
FSH 3.9 mlU/ml 1.3-18.2 mlU/ml

VitB12 502 pg/ml 211-911 pg/ml
Thyroxine, Free T4 1.09 ng/dl .69-1.51 ng/dl
SHBG 33.2 nmol/l 11-80 nmol/L

Any help would be good.
Thanks

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Ok guys got the blood work back.
Dr called me as she got the results back and sent a referral to an endo. Nice for the phone call in limbo about the endo. I hope that he is a progressive type of doctor. So here are the numbers.

Free Testosterone 10.5 pg/ml
Testosterone, Total 264

Estradiol 48 pg/ml
DHEA-SO4 106 ug/dl
TSH 2.588 ulu/ml
PSA .65 ng/ml
Hemocrit 44.9 %

Prolactin 5.6 ng/ml
LH 3.5 mlU/ml
FSH 3.9 mlU/ml

VitB12 502 pg/ml
Thyroxine, Free T4 1.09 ng/dl
SHBG 33.2 nmol/l

Any help would be good.
Thanks

Can you add the reference ranges for these tests? Was your estradiol measured via the sensitive or standard test?

mr.clean

I will add the ranges when I get home
the Estradiol was sensitive.
If I can recall none of the tests flagged
except the Testosterone

mr.clean

Hemocrit 44.9 35.9-47.1

Any help would be good.
Thanks

CoastWatcher

Hemocrit 44.9 35.9-47.1

Any help would be good.
Thanks

Copy this and start a new thread under Blood Test Discussion and you will generate a stronger response. That's just the way it works - newer threads draw attention.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Copy this and start a new thread under Blood Test Discussion and you will generate a stronger response. That's just the way it works - newer threads draw attention.

No, don't start a new thread; keep everything here in this thread as it's your case with history.

A new thread will just confuse everyone.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Tell us more about you, your health, meds, fitness, body fat, diet...need to know more.

If your middle aged carrying some excessive weight then your labs look about right...not optimal for sure but not bad either.

I'd like to see more Thyroid labs as I noted above and estrogen could be lower as well.

A well trained TRT Physician would help you as most GP and Endos are just not trained in this area of medicine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me