Testostone levels declining with injections

Buy Lab Tests Online
I have been on injections since 2019. I inject 100mg of testosterone once a week. I have seen a steady decline my testosterone level over that last year. My most recent blood test was taken two days after my injection and my total testosterone was only 249 ng/dl. My total testosterone was in that range before I started TRT. To make matters worse, my hemaocrit has been rising. It is almost to the point where I may have to stop using injectable testosterone. I am completely dumbfounded.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JA Battle

I have been on injections since 2019. I inject 100mg of testosterone once a week. I have seen a steady decline my testosterone level over that last year. My most recent blood test was taken two days after my injection and my total testosterone was only 249 ng/dl. My total testosterone was in that range before I started TRT. To make matters worse, my hemaocrit has been rising. It is almost to the point where I may have to stop using injectable testosterone. I am completely dumbfounded.

this is all very likely because you inject to much too infrequently. This large amount of testosterone all at once converts over to a substantial amount of dht and estradiol. These things I’d not in balance can alter the balance of other hormones like sex hormone binding globulin (shbg).

I believe that since your trough (lowest point of the week right before your next dose) is getting progressively lower when you test because your shbg has decreased and you are converting more and more of your testosterone into these other metabolites I mentioned as well as possibly generally metabolizing it faster.

the correction that would be needed is to begin to inject more frequently, which will hopefully benefit in lowering your free testosterone some and also improve your shbg level. It will also give you more stability throughout the week and will allow your to keep estradiol in a better range.

You would need to verify all of this with getting the proper blood tests. But without the tests I know that your injection schedule lends itself to instability and the potential for all of these things to happen. You could also low your doses amount per week by a little bit and that may help.

I inject 8.5mg daily. It takes me 2 minutes with an insulin syringe (tiny 30 gauge).

That does not sound good for me. I was put anastrazole in the middle of last year, so your analysis sounds right. However, to be honest, I am never going to inject daily. I would rather go back to using topical. I did not have the hemocrit problem on topical and my testosterone level was always above 400.

JA Battle

That does not sound good for me. I was put anastrazole in the middle of last year, so your analysis sounds right. However, to be honest, I am never going to inject daily. I would rather go back to using topical. I did not have the hemocrit problem on topical and my testosterone level was always above 400.

yes, but you have to realize that your testosterone the day or two after injection is likely well over 1500. Your on a weekly roller coaster and I suppose you are learning that’s not sustainable.

now what to do about it? That’s up to you. 5.5 mg of testosterone enanthate daily has my levels 540ng/dL.

JA Battle

also if you are in an ai that can also be of concern. It’s very hard to not destroy ones estrogen levels with using an ai. It’s better to just dose your testosterone properly so an ai would not be needed. More frequently with natural levels instead of the sky high-rock bottom weekly roller coaster. Estradiol needs to be in ratio with androgen load and an ai can mess that up. 30 gauge needle can’t barely be felt and takes no longer than applying cream. Also without the mess.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
To the good advice already given I'll add that if total testosterone really is falling at the same dose then it could in part be reflecting a drop in SHBG. I believe that in general the testosterone dose drives free testosterone, while total goes where it needs to based on free and SHBG. You mentioned SHBG of 22 nMol/L in an earlier post. Do you have a more recent value?

yes, but you have to realize that your testosterone the day or two after injection is likely well over 1500. Your on a weekly roller coaster and I suppose you are learning that’s not sustainable.

now what to do about it? That’s up to you. 5.5 mg of testosterone enanthate daily has my levels 540ng/dL.
Actually, that is the problem. My testosterone never reaches 1500 two days after injection, not remotely close. I was 249ng/dl two days after injection. It is like I injected a placebo instead of testosterone cypionate. That is what is confounding. My total testosterone used to be reliably in the 550 to 650 range two days after injection for a long time. Either I received a bad batch of testosterone cypionate or something has changed in my body. The only thing that differentiates my old two-day TT readings and my current two-day TT readings is that my urologist put me on 0.5mg anastrazole twice a week to combat elevated E2. My E2 is now in the lower end of normal range, but TT dropped initially to 440ng/dl and then to the current low. I have teleheath meeting with my provider this week. Hopefully, he has an answer.

madman

Super Moderator

Something is off here as it is hard to believe that you are hitting an absurdly low TT 249ng/dL two days post-injection using 100 mg esterified T.

Testosterone levels will start rising within the first 2 hrs and peak 8-12 hrs remain high first few days.

madman

Super Moderator
Actually, that is the problem. My testosterone never reaches 1500 two days after injection, not remotely close. I was 249ng/dl two days after injection. It is like I injected a placebo instead of testosterone cypionate. That is what is confounding. My total testosterone used to be reliably in the 550 to 650 range two days after injection for a long time. Either I received a bad batch of testosterone cypionate or something has changed in my body. The only thing that differentiates my old two-day TT readings and my current two-day TT readings is that my urologist put me on 0.5mg anastrazole twice a week to combat elevated E2. My E2 is now in the lower end of normal range, but TT dropped initially to 440ng/dl and then to the current low. I have teleheath meeting with my provider this week. Hopefully, he has an answer.

Exactly that is the part everyone on here seemed to miss!

Something is off here as it is hard to believe that you are hitting an absurdly low TT 249ng/dL two days post-injection using 100 mg esterified T.

Testosterone levels will start rising within the first 2 hrs and peak 8-12 hrs remain high first few days.
No doubt! I was shocked when I saw my posted lab results. I may have received a bad batch of testosterone.

madman

Super Moderator
Mind you I have heard of some complaining that they hit lower T levels when using compounded but this is far and few let alone rare that one would hit an absurdly low TT 249 ng/dL 2 days post-injection using (100 mg esterified T).

JA Battle

No doubt! I was shocked when I saw my posted lab results. I may have received a bad batch of testosterone.

My apologies I did not read closer. I think you have a mystery going on here. If you do have a good vial of testosterone then there is nothing anyone knows that can help you.

Unless you switched from IM to Subq and the oil depot is breaking down much slower for some reason based on your subq tissue and it’s response to the ingredients in the injection.

but honestly I have no idea

gerardo

Was your hematocrit at how much when TT was okay? How much is your hematocrit currently? Most likely, your testosterone is underdosed and what stands out is your hematocrit is rising and your testosterone is going down. Can you post your current protocol and exams?

Was your hematocrit at how much when TT was okay? How much is your hematocrit currently? Most likely, your testosterone is underdosed and what stands out is your hematocrit is rising and your testosterone is going down. Can you post your current protocol and exams?
My hemocrit was in the low 40s when my TT was okay. It is pushing 50 now.

gerardo

My hemocrit was in the low 40s when my TT was okay. It is pushing 50 now.
TT decreasing and hematocrit increasing ... difficult to understand. How is ferritin and serum iron?
The hematocrit when it goes up is for some reason: hypoxia, medication ... Try to observe everything to see if you discover this problem. Good luck.

Acer97

What brand is your testosterone? Assuming it’s from a pharmacy? Sounds underdosed. I’m curious cause I’ve heard others saying the same thing

madman

Super Moderator
What brand is your testosterone? Assuming it’s from a pharmacy? Sounds underdosed. I’m curious cause I’ve heard others saying the same thing

Even if it was compounded and it was slightly underdosed highly doubtful he would be hitting an absurdly low TT 249 ng/dL 2 days post-injection using (100 mg esterified T).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me