Testicular cancer: low T and the metabolic syndrome

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Cure rates for stage 1 testicular cancer are reaching 100%. However, long-term treatment-related side effects pose their own health risks. Regular follow up and monitoring are important for early detection and timely treatment of conditions such as testosterone deficiency and metabolic syndrome.

Testosterone deficiency following testicular cancer

Possible mechanisms for TD following TC

A low testosterone level may be present when TC is diagnosed, or it may follow treatment for the disease.

Causes of TD in the presence of TC include:

Cancer-related damage to the testicular cells that are responsible for the production of testosterone;
Orchidectomy;
Chemotherapy/RT-related damage to the remaining testicular tissue;
Hormonal abnormalities resulting from cancer-related stress.

MetS following TC

Possible mechanisms for MetS following

TC While previous research has linked low testosterone levels with a higher fat mass, BMI and abdominal fat distribution in TC survivors, the Platinum study found that TC survivors had smaller waist circumferences in comparison to controls.

The aetiology of cancer treatment related MetS appears to differ from that in the general population, where excess calorie intake and a sedentary lifestyle are the primary causes. Cancer treatment-related MetS is multifactorial and differs between individual patients depending on their cancer diagnosis and treatment. TD and chemotherapy are thought to be the main contributors.

Conclusion

TC survivors may be at risk of various long-term treatment-related adverse effects, including TD and MetS, which can compromise health and wellbeing. TC commonly affects younger men, and with survival rates increasing, these men may suffer the effects of such chronic conditions over an extended length of time. Primary care practitioners need to be alert to the risks following TC and employ careful, regular follow-up in patients who have received treatment for this disease.

Attachments

• 2020-FEB1-TC-LOW-T-tre.728.pdf
    169.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Screenshot (1060).png

Figure 1. Cumulative risk of cardiovascular risk factors – overweight, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension – from start of chemotherapy.

K.pietera

Hi my friends

I am using ovitrelle 6500iu pen for 5 weeks right now for fertillity. The doc here in Belgium prescribed me the whole pen 2 x a week 3500iu. I'm also on 100mg test trough transcrotal appl.

The issue I have found recently is that since 4 dans ago I discovered a small lump onto my richt testicle... I have a echo Booked in next thursday.

Can it be because of the high dose of HCG ?... I am a bit scared right now.

The lump is smal and edgy and not painfull online onpleasant when I push against it. The size of it is really 1 or 2 mm or so

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me