Surgery while on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Weasel

I'm having knee surgery (meniscus tear) all the sudden this friday, At my initial consult i did not list Testosterone on the medications list as i always get the stink eye about it when i do.

What are your guys professional opinions on telling the doc vs not telling the doc about being on TRT?

Is there really any issue with having surgery while being on TRT?

Thanks fellas!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I made that mistake with my NP and while she's pretty neutral about it, I wish that I had not listed my HRT use and I've even thought of going to another clinic and starting fresh because of it. She questions me a little bit and I just don't like it. In mainline TRT there should be no drug interactions, etc.., with Test and even Anastrozole and HCG use that they need to know about.

CoastWatcher

You should maintain your protocol while you recover from surgery. I've had two procedures since I began TRT. If you think mentioning it to your doctor will pose any sort of problem simply avoid the issue. It's testosterone replacement therapy we're engaging in, restoring levels to where they ought to be.

Good luck with the operation.

JakeH

You should maintain your protocol while you recover from surgery. I've had two procedures since I began TRT. If you think mentioning it to your doctor will pose any sort of problem simply avoid the issue. It's testosterone replacement therapy we're engaging in, restoring levels to where they ought to be.

Good luck with the operation.

I agree with this. My father is on TRT, and his orthopedist made him go off trt for 12 weeks after hip replacement "because TRT causes clots." My dad's TRT doctor argued that my dad should remain on, as his body needs testosterone for recovery plus mental health, but, alas, the orthpedist demanded, and my dad felt like crap during his first three months of recovery. He was allowed to start back last week.

I refuse to tell any other doctor that I am on it, because many are so far behind WRT side-effects literature.

Vince

Super Moderator
Before I started TRT, I talked to all of my doctors about TRT and surgery. They all told me it would not interfere with surgery, even heart surgery.

Weasel

Fair enough guys, I wont be making mention of it and will continue as usual with TRT.

If you guys never see me around here again, I got a clot:eek:

Rkhal

I'm having surgery for a tendon tear, no way I'd go off. I doubt I would have a chance for a full recovery with low T levels. Also not telling my surgeon as he was hard to book, not risking losing my appt.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me