SubQ injects before sleep. Any issue there?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jsmma

Just curious as the last few nights my sleep has been cut short...waking up way too early, alert, energy. Unfortunately I work 12 hr days and then try to work out at home, so it catches up.

I inject EOD subQ in the glute, upper fat pad.

Just curious if that could affect my sleep if I take too close to sleeping? I had always thought injecting subcutaneously, it took a WHILE for the T to really hit your system, so when I have taken at night, I didn't think much of it.

Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I see no reason why EOD SQ injections would disrupt your sleep even when injecting at night.

Absorption peaks at about 72 hours after the injection and injecting at EOD you should have nice consistent serum levels.

Are you taking any other supplements before you go to sleep?

jsmma

No supplements, I'm on lo carb again and I read that could negatively affect sleep. I took half am ambien 2 nights ago and a full last night, few hrs of sleep, and then wide awake.

I work swing shift work and usually only take sleep aides on daylight schedule. Looking into anything I can now, cutting back on blue light before bed, lowering core temp - anything that can help me sleep. My schedule is exhausting enough, around 70 hrs a week currently, I need my sleep. Oddly enough I don't feel horrible, but I don't feel great either, and need to work out daily if not EOD.

HarryCat

Certainly try the supps. Nelson listed. With the melatonin you may have to play around with the dose a little, there have been a few studies that indicate a lower dose (1mg or less) to be more effective in some people. You can also try a prolonged release form such as http://www.amazon.com/Douglas-Labs-Melatonin-180-tabs/dp/B000MX55YG , which are scored so you can cut them in half if necessary.

If that doesn't help I'd consider adding some carbs back in before bed, unless you are in, and really want to stay in, ketosis. You don't want to end up addicted to Ambien, I'm there and it sucks.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks HarryCat. I have been looking for a melatonin I can split. Sometimes 3 mg is too much for me since it makes me want to stay in bed late.

Loki

Thanks HarryCat. I have been looking for a melatonin I can split. Sometimes 3 mg is too much for me since it makes me want to stay in bed late.

I take 20MG of Melatonin and I am wide awake at 0500? I wonder if lowering the dose would be more effective?

ERO

I used to take 3mg of Melatonin and it never seemed to work for me, but switched to 1mg time release and now it works great.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
For some higher doses of Melatonin can have a stimulating effect so it's best to start in low doses and work up to where you get the best effect.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me