subcutaneous testosterone cypionate injection sore nodule

Buy Lab Tests Online

kenb

Watched some videos on here about subcutaneous testosterone injections and thought I would give it a try. My biggest issue is the area around the injection site is pink, irritated, sore and under the skin I can feel a nodule. Not sure if i'm just not doing it correctly or what. Below is my process;

I'm also considering going back to intramuscular injections as I don't want the Endo that i'm seeing to delay a change in treatment or test based on her opinion of how i'm taking my testosterone. Basically, I don't want her to say "Lets have you start taking your injections intramuscular again and we will retest in a month."

1. Warm testosterone to room temp
2. Use a 25g 5/8" 1ml insulin needle to draw and push
3. Inject within 2-3 inches around my belly button
4. inject at a 90 degree angle and try to hold my breath while I inject slowly the .25ml. It probably takes me 30 second or so to inject.
5. Put my finger on the injection site as I apply the bandaid.

Sorry for the list but I thought it might be helpful.

Thanks,
Ken

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

covino33

I just started SQ injections myself...I love it...I did the shoulder with just cypinoate as I do not have hcg yet...little sore a couple days after okay though...Gene recommended I try the love handles with give a try Wednesday...

I too found the fatty belly area problematic with TCyp. It itched, it had a nub or nodule, I found it rather unpleasant. HcG is no bother at all in that area. I went to the thigh with a 29g, stab it straight in, inject slowly and I have nearly no post injection "issues".

croaker24

Love handles? That is an acceptable location for injection? I have a lot of chest hair and not a lot of fat on belly so I'm reluctant to try there - but this is the first time I've seen someone mention the love handles. I can pinch and grab a little more than the belly for sure.

kenb

I too found the fatty belly area problematic with TCyp. It itched, it had a nub or nodule, I found it rather unpleasant. HcG is no bother at all in that area. I went to the thigh with a 29g, stab it straight in, inject slowly and I have nearly no post injection "issues".

I will try some other locations. Thanks for the replies everyone! Happy Holidays!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Guys, when it comes to SQ injections any body fat pad will do.

I try to stay away from the belly button as there are vascular and nerve bundles there that can be very unpleasant if you hit them with a sharp needle.

I like the love handles, especially if you are lean, as I think it's the least painful area if one is injecting SQ.

Please note, Vince's comment on SQ Testosterone injections is problematic for some men as he states correctly.

kenb

Guys, when it comes to SQ injections any body fat pad will do.

I try to stay away from the belly button as there are vascular and nerve bundles there that can be very unpleasant if you hit them with a sharp needle.

I like the love handles, especially if you are lean, as I think it's the least painful area if one is injecting SQ.

Please note, Vince's comment on SQ Testosterone injections is problematic for some men as he states correctly.

Excuse my ignorance but as a not lean man, should I choose an area that has less fat? does the amount of fat pad slow the absorption into the body?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Excuse my ignorance but as a not lean man, should I choose an area that has less fat? does the amount of fat pad slow the absorption into the body?

The amount of fat does not affect absorption.

Generally, the fattier the area the less pain associated with the injection.

With Testosterone always make sure to massage the injection site to get the ester into the fat tissue...this will help with some of the possible sides.

Angel'sDesk

With Testosterone always make sure to massage the injection site to get the ester into the fat tissue...this will help with some of the possible sides.

I'm not a man :), but I have trouble with sq injections (at least with the caster oil based test e I have tried - I have another on the way to test whether it might be the oil I am sensitive to), and I find some pressure on the injection site after the shot does help (I get the red, itchy nodules too).

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OP, you stated that you use a 25g x 5/8". I just recently had a discussion about this in another thread. For SubQ, I will only use a 30g or 31g x 5/16". Try one of those and I'll bet you a protein shake that the problems are no more.

SafeStrength

Hey guys, next week im switching from androgel to test cyp. injections and i asked my doctor if i could do the subcutaneous injections and he said absolutely not... testosterone is only IM... is he just not familiar ? can i still inject Sub-cutaneous or not? whats the difference in SubQ from IM?? is it absorbed or metabolized faster? thanks.

Vince

Super Moderator

I thought this answer from Dr. Saya of defy Medical was good :)

The fact that subq injections do not seem to raise E2 levels more than IM injections (as you originally feared, Dr Crisler), is likely due to the fact that the ester (be it propionate, cypionate, enanthate) is mostly cleaved from the testosterone by esterase enzymes IN THE BLOODSTREAM. This means the testosterone, while sitting in the subq fatty tissue would still mostly have its ester attached. Thus, all of the aromatase sitting around in those adipose cells would be useless for converting the testosterone ester (in other words, the aromatase will convert testosterone (no ester) to estradiol (no ester), but will not convert testosterone cypionate to estradiol cypionate).

Once the testosterone ester is absorbed into the blood and the ester is cleaved off to release testosterone itself, then all is fair game whether it came from an IM source OR a subq source - ie: it may circulate and return to the adipose cells to then be converted to E, but this, in effect, removes the location of injection as a significant variable for affecting E levels. Since ester cleavage occurs primarily in the blood, the actual site of injection should have almost no DIRECT impact on E conversion, but may have an INDIRECT impact by way of differing pharmacodynamics of serum T levels in IM vs subq injections.

Dr Saya

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching