Started TRT 10 weeks ago

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mikey1972

Hello,
My name is Mike and I live in Anaheim, Ca. Im 49 years old and started TRT about 10 weeks ago. So far I am having nothing but positive results. My energy, mental clarity, libido, and mood are all much better. I do have a quick question. My prescribing clinic also tested my thyroid and the results were in the low/middle range so I was also prescribed 60mg/day of NP thyroid. I only agreed to take it to help with some weight loss to start out. Can I safely take the NP thyroid for a brief period of time and then stop? I don't want to take thyroid meds forever.
Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Can I safely take the NP thyroid for a brief period of time and then stop?
NP contains both T3 and T4, your thyroid will bounce back pretty quickly after stopping. I stopped NDT also containing T3 and T4 and didn't even notice anything that I would call abnormal.

Based on your very positive results this early in treatment I doubt you have a thyroid problem. It wouldn't hurt to post your lab results though.

Last edited:

Mikey1972

good to hear thyroid will bounce back. here are my initial lab results before starting any meds

DHEAS (B_LCMS_DS)

Level
Result
Range
Ok
111 µg/dL
26-342 µg/dL

Testosterone (B_LCMS_T)

Level
Result
Range
L
299 ng/dL
324-905 ng/dL (Age Dependent)

Free T3 (B_EIA_FT3)

Level
Result
Range
Ok
3.3 pg/mL
2.4-4.2 pg/mL

PSA (B_EIA_PSA)

Level
Result
Range
Ok
<0.5 ng/mL
<0.5-4 ng/mL (optimal 0.5-2)

Estradiol (B_LCMS_E2)

Level
Result
Range
Ok
28 pg/mL
14-32 pg/mL

Systemlord

My Free T3 pretreatment was 3.6 which is about midrange and I experienced hyperthyroid symptoms on only my second dosage which means this Free T3 level is normal for me.

The point I'm trying to make is your Free T3 result might be normal for you and if it wasn't your early success on TRT wouldn't be possible.

Do you have a TSH or an RT3 measurement?

Last edited:

seppuku

You may want to research thyroid supplements. I would consider supplementing with iodine & selenium.

Vince, a couple of years ago i used Lugol's iodine, transdermally (on the scrotum, long story), but after a short while my tsh went up from around 2.0 up to 3.4.
The online doc where i get my bloods said that indicatesi have subclinical hypothyroidism (free t3 was near top of range, free t4 near bottom). Over here (the U.K), the NHS don't consider anything wrong till the tsh goes over 10. Should i be concerned?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me