I had initial blood work done on 12/7/17 and I got the following results:
Total T: 597
Free T: 10.9

I had my labs redone on 12/27/17 to check SHBG and this what I found:
Total T: 374
Free T: 6.8
SHBG: 77.6

My questions are:

1. Why is there such a disparity in T levels in such a short period of time?
2. What is the most effective ways to lower SHBG?

Thank you very much for any info you can provide!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

You need to tell us what the ranges are and what meds or treatments you are on. Also would be helpful to know how you feel and I see no E2 sensitive lab?

Diesel7213

You need to tell us what the ranges are and what meds or treatments you are on. Also would be helpful to know how you feel and I see no E2 sensitive lab?

I am 31 yrs old, not on any meds and not on HRT. My main problem is ED issues. I have had them for years.

My E2 is 19.8 on a scale of 8-35
Total T range is: 264-916
Free T Range is: 8.7-25.1

I understand it is normal for hormones to fluctuate, but I am wondering if my labs results could be causes for my ED.

ratbag

Yes you are indeed low on testosterone and your free T is really low. You have high SHBG and that binds up what little TT you have and keeps your free T low. Most people with high SHBG need larger amounts of testosterone to get their free T levels good which will make you feel better and likely solve your ED problems.

Vince

Super Moderator
Most guys with high shbg only inject once weekly. I would also supplement with at least 5000 IU of vitamin D it may help lower your shbg some.

I am 31 yrs old, not on any meds and not on HRT. My main problem is ED issues. I have had them for years.

My E2 is 19.8 on a scale of 8-35
Total T range is: 264-916
Free T Range is: 8.7-25.1

I understand it is normal for hormones to fluctuate, but I am wondering if my labs results could be causes for my ED.

Hi Diesel, Wow a natural we don't get many guys here not injecting T or using gels/creams.

When you want to test your natural Total T numbers you need to follow some pretty strict rules or you won't get your peak.
No sex or masterbation for 48 hours or longer. No heavy workouts at the gym or runs. No heavy alcohol drinking.
Try to be extra hydrated and last for comparison purposes try to have you blood drawn at the same time each blood draw since your T will flux all day long.

hth

Diesel7213

Yes you are indeed low on testosterone and your free T is really low. You have high SHBG and that binds up what little TT you have and keeps your free T low. Most people with high SHBG need larger amounts of testosterone to get their free T levels good which will make you feel better and likely solve your ED problems.

Thank you very much for the info! When you say they need to take larger amounts of Testosterone, what weekly dose are you talking? I am curious so I can see what my Dr. suggests and see how they compare. Thank you!

Diesel7213

Hi Diesel, Wow a natural we don't get many guys here not injecting T or using gels/creams.

When you want to test your natural Total T numbers you need to follow some pretty strict rules or you won't get your peak.
No sex or masterbation for 48 hours or longer. No heavy workouts at the gym or runs. No heavy alcohol drinking.
Try to be extra hydrated and last for comparison purposes try to have you blood drawn at the same time each blood draw since your T will flux all day long.

hth

Thank you for this info. I had my blood drawn at the same lab, at the same time of the morning, I did abstain from any sex or masturbation, and I don't drink alcohol in general. I think I may have worked out the day prior.

Diesel7213

Most guys with high shbg only inject once weekly. I would also supplement with at least 5000 IU of vitamin D it may help lower your shbg some.

Thank you! I have heard both those suggestions recommended in other posts, I am going to ask my Dr. about them when I have my consult. Thank you

ratbag

Thank you very much for the info! When you say they need to take larger amounts of Testosterone, what weekly dose are you talking? I am curious so I can see what my Dr. suggests and see how they compare. Thank you!

Well no one knows this as everyone is different. Your MD hopefully an experienced TRT doctor would start you off at a dose and wait 6 weeks a run some new labs to see how your body deals with it. Then he would adjust your dosage to get you to where he thinks you should be. It takes time to get this right. He will also manage your TRT so that it's effective. So many MD's try to administer TRT but have no idea how to manage it properly and the result is that the patient suffers and eventually gives up on TRT because it didn't work. The statistics state that 85% of patients put on TRT give up on it for this reason. This is why it's absolutely critical to go to an experienced TRT MD so that you don't waste your time and energy chasing an MD who doesn't know how to help you. Defy our sponsor is really good at this. They can work with your principal care physician and they can also do this by phone. So no matter where you are situated in the USA they can get it to work for you.

Diesel7213

Well no one knows this as everyone is different. Your MD hopefully an experienced TRT doctor would start you off at a dose and wait 6 weeks a run some new labs to see how your body deals with it. Then he would adjust your dosage to get you to where he thinks you should be. It takes time to get this right. He will also manage your TRT so that it's effective. So many MD's try to administer TRT but have no idea how to manage it properly and the result is that the patient suffers and eventually gives up on TRT because it didn't work. The statistics state that 85% of patients put on TRT give up on it for this reason. This is why it's absolutely critical to go to an experienced TRT MD so that you don't waste your time and energy chasing an MD who doesn't know how to help you. Defy our sponsor is really good at this. They can work with your principal care physician and they can also do this by phone. So no matter where you are situated in the USA they can get it to work for you.

That makes sense, thank you! I have my consult in 3 weeks with Defy. I am looking forward to it

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me