Self-Experiments to Control Prostate Cancer- Using Bipolar Androgen Therapy

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Loved this one!

True Warrior!

Screenshot (30288).png

“If we continue to do the same things, we will get the same results.”

“If BAT can be used to sensitive Xtandi/darolutamide ad infinitum, prostate cancer becomes a treatable condition like diabetes.” – Russ Hollyer

Meeting Summary

Advanced prostate cancer patients who are failing the standard hormone (androgen) deprivation therapy (“castrate resistant”) are interested in finding new options. Bipolar Androgen Therapy (BAT, where high doses of testosterone are alternated with androgen deprivation therapy-ADT) potentially offers a number of unique benefits.

It aims to:

- Control disease progression (as measured by prostate specific antigen/PSA and PSMA PET scans) for a sustained period

- Restore sensitivity to androgen therapies (e.g., Xtandi)

- Improve quality of life and also improve other health markers.

The clinical evidence supporting BAT is small-scale, and only for a portion of patients. It isn’t included early in the standard of care. It doesn’t have any pharmaceutical companies promoting its use since it depends on easily available, relatively inexpensive testosterone. Yet many advanced prostate cancer patients in our community who don’t have time to wait are trying BAT or seriously considering it.

We have had three previous discussions of adaptive therapy (where treatments are tuned to a patient's biomarkers, e.g., PSA level) and BAT.

Bob Gatenby, MD, from Moffitt Cancer Center, introduced adaptive therapy -- using evolutionary and game theory to inform cancer treatment strategy.

Advanced prostate cancer patient Bryce Olson shared the story of his exceptional response to BAT and then Bob Gatenby commented on Bryce’s experience and strategy.

Emmanuel Antonarakis, MD, spoke about using BAT for advanced prostate cancer.

What Does It Take to Choose BAT?

1st, most patients and oncologists are not aware of or considering BAT as an option. Pharma won’t fund trials for this treatment because they would not return a profit.

2nd, the patient has to be brave enough – we have been taught for years that taking testosterone can be like throwing gasoline on the fire, feeding cancer growth.

3rd, the patient must find a doctor who is willing to support it or be willing to self-administer (typically with monitoring by an MO).

About Russ Hollyer

Super patient Russ Hollyer is uniquely qualified to share a patient's view on BAT. He has been self-administering BAT and has written a book about his experience. Russ is a "citizen scientist", applying his expertise in science (reviewing research papers, running experiments, accessing drugs, testing, monitoring progress) to his own treatment.

Russ has advanced prostate cancer, Gleason 9, and was diagnosed in 2018. He had a radical prostatectomy (RP) later that year, estrogen/Zytiga ADT in 2019, followed by high testosterone, followed by do it yourself BAT. Each BAT treatment involves the self-administration of hormonal ablation or hormonal extremes.

During his work career, Russ worked as an electrical engineer for a medical company, an aerospace engineer for the government and contractors, and as a hedge fund manager. Most of his work was in the medical technology area and involved data gathering, quality screen design, computer programming, and test screening. Because of this he became very data-driven. He determined from experience that theories and hypotheticals are very frequently proven to be incorrect.

Discussion Agenda

- Description of BAT
- Russ's experience
- How to improve BAT
- Description of BAT

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Wow!

@Nelson Vergel

2. Extremely high testosterone pulses. Cell damage does not appear to level off at doses of R1881 that are roughly the equivalent of 50,000 ng/dL of testosterone. I tried out a 10K ng/dL pulse and my PSA dropped from 1.49 to 0.15 after I was castrate for a single day. The following month I tried a 25k ng/dL pulse. My PSA did not drop nearly as much, and I suspect that I damaged my immune system.
Screenshot (30297).png

1698547901254.png

madman

Super Moderator
As of 5/17/23

Time on BAT 613 days

Lean mass change 15.5 lbs

Fat change -1.38%

Bone density change asof 8/2022 +5.20%.A seperate test (DEXA-FIT) showed a 4% bone density increase as well as an overall bone mass increase of 4.8%

Screenshot (30300).png

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching