Seated Leg Press on a Strive Machne - Last rep results in intense burning in my quads

Buy Lab Tests Online

OMI100

I hit the gym at lunch. The gym has a good set of "Strive" (I thinks that's the manufacture) machines.
WHen I am using the seated leg press and get to the last rep my quads are on fire.... ALL I can do to finish the last rep... Then intense burn in my quads... Burns like hell for a bit..... Is that the lactic acid building up that is killing me?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I hit the gym at lunch. The gym has a good set of "Strive" (I thinks that's the manufacture) machines.
WHen I am using the seated leg press and get to the last rep my quads are on fire.... ALL I can do to finish the last rep... Then intense burn in my quads... Burns like hell for a bit..... Is that the lactic acid building up that is killing me?

I get it with high rep calf raises with heavy weight like 400 lbs at 20 reps.

When I hit 15th rep to 20th the burn begins till I stop and it last a few seconds than dissipates.

I believe it's just the nerve endings in the muscle fibers that are stressed due to the max pressure put on the muscle.

Lactic acid is a byproduct of muscle hypertrophy and something you feel later that lasts much longer.

OMI100

Thanks Gene.

I get a bit of burn on some of the other machines I work, BUT not like the leg press. I am doing supper slow to failure (one set) with machine cam set like a nutilus - increasing resistance as you push to the top of the rep. So it sounds like I am doing it right on the quad machine then:)

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I had three back surgeries unrelated to working out (cogenital back issues), so I do very light squats with dumbbells so that I do not put any pressure on my spine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me