Restart after 14 months on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JCUSN

I’ve been on TRT for 14 months. When I started, I was at around 650 total T, but high SHBG, therefore low free T.

Anyway, I’m honestly just tired of paying for this and sticking myself with a needle so often. If I wanted to do a restart with Clomid and Nolva, what are the chances I'll get back to my pre-TRT level? Have I been on TRT too low to bounce back? Have I suppressed for too long? I wasn’t horribly low before, and I’d be happy to just get back to that ~650 level.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I've been on TRT for 14 months. When I started, I was at around 650 total T, but high SHBG, therefore low free T.

Anyway, I'm honestly just tired of paying for this and sticking myself with a needle so often. If I wanted to do a restart with Clomid and Nolva, what are the chances I'll get back to my pre-TRT level? Have I been on TRT too low to bounce back? Have I suppressed for too long? I wasn't horribly low before, and I'd be happy to just get back to that ~650 level.

None of us can give you a certain answer. Your age, whether you have been on hcg, the presence/absence of comorbidities, the skill of your doctor in managing your restart...all will have an impact on whether you're successful or not. I wish you the best, and am sorry TRT failed to give you what you hoped for. Earlier posts indicated that, though having some challenges, you had experienced positive results.

JCUSN

None of us can give you a certain answer. Your age, whether you have been on hcg, the presence/absence of comorbidities, the skill of your doctor in managing your restart...all will have an impact on whether you're successful or not. I wish you the best, and am sorry TRT failed to give you what you hoped for. Earlier posts indicated that, though having some challenges, you had experienced positive results.

Thanks for your reply! Overall, my results have been mostly positive...just not so positive that I want to keep paying for it. I haven’t seen a profound difference, but definitely a noticeable positive difference. Not $200 a month positive though lol.

I’m 34, very good overall health, very lean, very active, and I have been on HCG for all but two months of my time on TRT.

James

As Coastwatcher stated, there's so many variables. I stopped trt after a couple years of use. My levels went back to pretty much exactly where they were pre trt. I didn't have the sub baseline levels many guy's fear.

JCUSN

As Coastwatcher stated, there's so many variables. I stopped trt after a couple years of use. My levels went back to pretty much exactly where they were pre trt. I didn't have the sub baseline levels many guy's fear.

What did you use for your restart protocol? Any bad sides?

Systemlord

650 TT and high SHBG, that sounds like your peoblem right there, most high SHBG guys need TT over range in order to get SHBG down and FT up.

CSI007

I can understand your reluctance to continue because of cost but $200/month? That is a lot of cash!. Geeze. I spend $45.00 every 3 to 4 months for my T-Cyp and another $50 every couple of months for HCG. The T-Cyp comes from Walgreens and the HCG comes from Empower. Everything I pay is out of pocket including labs which is my biggest expense since I have tested so much. If you had a positive experience perhaps you just need to seek care elsewhere?

James

What did you use as a restart protocol?

Nothing. Just quit cold turkey. Honestly, HCG and/or Clomid may have been a healthier choice. I'd love to share with you an exciting story about my experience quitting TRT, but I don't have one. It was non exciting and pretty uneventful. Everything, at least for me, went back to where it was. I have since gotten back on testosterone with a completely different protocol.

I can understand your reluctance to continue because of cost but $200/month? That is a lot of cash!. Geeze. I spend $45.00 every 3 to 4 months for my T-Cyp and another $50 every couple of months for HCG. The T-Cyp comes from Walgreens and the HCG comes from Empower. Everything I pay is out of pocket including labs which is my biggest expense since I have tested so much. If you had a positive experience perhaps you just need to seek care elsewhere?
Are you forgetting to ad in blood tests every 6 weeks to 3 months to one day maybe getting to 6 months(Follow-up TRT Lab Panel for Men $237) and don't forget consults every 6 weeks to 3 months to one day 6 months($90-$120). It all adds up fast.

Last edited:

CSI007

Are you forgetting to ad in blood tests every 6 weeks to 3 months to one day maybe getting to 6 months and don't forget consults every 6 weeks to 3 months to one day 6 months. It all adds up fast.

I will have to go back and calculate everything. My doctor visits are $50.00. I only visited him when I needed to discuss the blood work. I think all of last year I met with him twice, maybe three times.

My costs have been higher then I would like but that is because of all the freakin money I have spend of PDE5 inhibitors. :(

I think once one is dialed in (and can stay dialed in) costs are relativity cheap for feeling good/great.

I will have to go back and calculate everything. My doctor visits are $50.00. I only visited him when I needed to discuss the blood work. I think all of last year I met with him twice, maybe three times.

My costs have been higher then I would like but that is because of all the freakin money I have spend of PDE5 inhibitors. :(

I think once one is dialed in (and can stay dialed in) costs are relativity cheap for feeling good/great.

Yeah, if that is all you pay and you can get T cyp/HCG/AI/cialas you win the best deal for TRT on the internet.

JCUSN

The $200 a month covers unlimited doctor’s visits, plus my Test Cyp and HCG monthly dose. Labs are not included, but I get those mostly free from my insurance. Still, $200 is just too much I feel. In San Diego, I haven’t found anyone for cheaper than that. The doctors won’t weite a script for the Test or HCG, instead I have to buy from them.

Is just 25mg Clomid a good restart protocol? It’s what the doctor recommended, but honestly, he seemed/seems very unsure of himself. Not too comforting st all.

CoastWatcher

The $200 a month covers unlimited doctor's visits, plus my Test Cyp and HCG monthly dose. Labs are not included, but I get those mostly free from my insurance. Still, $200 is just too much I feel. In San Diego, I haven't found anyone for cheaper than that. The doctors won't weite a script for the Test or HCG, instead I have to buy from them.

Is just 25mg Clomid a good restart protocol? It's what the doctor recommended, but honestly, he seemed/seems very unsure of himself. Not too comforting st all.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...lics-You-May-Want-to-Read-These-PCT-protocols

This is the most comprehensive thread we have on restart procedures. It's a good idea to read it all the way through as it shows how thinking from some of the top doctors in this field have modified their thinking. In answer to your question, it's more than just Clomid...

Systemlord

Yeah my SHBG was at 61! Pretty high number for sure. It has decreased substantially (to about 35) since TRT.

You thought your SHBG is high now wait until you quit TRT and attempt a restart, clomid will raise your SHBG significantly. Clomid usually isn't recommended for high SHBG guys.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me