PSA of 14 ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

KevinS

A buddy of mine age 58 - just got a PSA of 14.

They have scheduled him for a biopsy in a couple weeks.

I have never heard of a value that high, I am pretty concerned.
My father and my husband both had Prostate cancer diagnosed with a PSA of 6 and 8 - both much older, they are fine now after radiation.

Is this really bad ? looking for info.
Thanks, Kevin

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
About 15% of men with a PSA below 4 will have prostate cancer if a biopsy is done. Men with a PSA level between 4 and 10 (often called the “borderline range”) have about a 1 in 4 chance of having prostate cancer. If the PSA is more than 10, the chance of having prostate cancer is over 50%.

KevinS

Thank you for your reply. My friend has no symptoms at all - unlike my father and husband. My husband's PSA went from 2 to 6 in a year when they identified his cancer and it was 'semi aggressive'.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thank you for your reply. My friend has no symptoms at all - unlike my father and husband. My husband's PSA went from 2 to 6 in a year when they identified his cancer and it was 'semi aggressive'.
My brother-in-law PSA was perfect. A year later his PSA was over 10 and he had aggressive prostate cancer. His prostate is removed but he still has high PSA and cancer. He's on maintenance meds to keep him alive. He's doing pretty good but gets tired very easily and had to retire.

I hope your friend does not have cancer and hopefully if he does everything goes well.

locutus

prostate cancer 'treatments' via mainstream medicine (chemo/radiation) = death sentence.
you might as well have a higher chance of survival if you do NOTHING.
i personally would solely go by symptoms, and if they appear try alternative cancer treatments.
a biopsy is a first step to misery.
I understand that getting TRT prescribed might be an issue with a high PSA, that is another problem.

Runnerman

I just read a book called Dead Man Running by Kevin Webber. When he was diagnosed with prostate cancer his PSA was 341. He was given 2 years to live. He has done chemo and radiation and has somehow managed to run ultra marathons to raise money for prostate cancer research. I think he is now 7 years past diagnosis and continues to run. Pretty remarkable.

KevinS

My brother-in-law PSA was perfect. A year later his PSA was over 10 and he had aggressive prostate cancer. His prostate is removed but he still has high PSA and cancer. He's on maintenance meds to keep him alive. He's doing pretty good but gets tired very easily and had to retire.

I hope your friend does not have cancer and hopefully if he does everything goes well.
Thank you,

My friend is a couple years younger than I, and it seems to bother me more than when it was 10-20 years older than I.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me