PSA came back a little high. Now what?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pauly_P

Oh yes, definitely the 3T MRI did find several areas of concern. I would certainly recommend that procedure to Nashtide if that is available to him. It sure beats having a biopsy with no guidance. If you have just a tiny bit of PCa the odds of finding it with a hit or miss biopsy are small. I had two negative ones. In the first couple of chapters of Marckini book, he laments the fact that he also had 2 negative biopsy's, and all the while he is now sure he had PCa.
Your correct Orrin, they can tell exactly what the PCa is, mine is non-aggressive. I had the lowest possible Gleason score. A good friend had, that Lupron injection, said it almost killed him.

Morgentalers book arrives today, and I'll look at Lee's book as well as the support website. Thanks for the recomendations!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

Oh yes, definitely the 3T MRI did find several areas of concern. I would certainly recommend that procedure to Nashtide if that is available to him. It sure beats having a biopsy with no guidance. If you have just a tiny bit of PCa the odds of finding it with a hit or miss biopsy are small. I had two negative ones. In the first couple of chapters of Marckini book, he laments the fact that he also had 2 negative biopsy's, and all the while he is now sure he had PCa.
Your correct Orrin, they can tell exactly what the PCa is, mine is non-aggressive. I had the lowest possible Gleason score. A good friend had, that Lupron injection, said it almost killed him.

Morgentalers book arrives today, and I'll look at Lee's book as well as the support website. Thanks for the recomendations!!
I will update my situation after the urologist appointment. It's unclear whether I can have an MRI. I have a bunch of titanium hardware in my lower back.

Nashtide

Met with the urologist today. He's not concerned at this point. He recommended that we redo PSA and do a more specialized blood test called a PHI in two months. We will re-evaluate then. He feels confident I'm not dealing with prostate cancer. Time will tell, but I'm feeling pretty good and thankful for now. Thanks to everyone who chimed in. I'll let y'all know the results of the next round of tests in mid May.

Sex and orgasm can influence a PSA test, the normal advice is to refrain for atleast 24hrs or 48hrs prior to the blood draw. At any time there would be an unexplained rise the basic first step would be to retest as labs do make mistakes. TO verify it with a second test would be the first prudent thing to do. But by and large, TRT and Prostate anything are exceedingly rare and anything Prostate was probably there before TRT.

CoastWatcher

So is a PSA rise from 0.07 to 0.09 a reason for concern? From others on her the answer is, no...
As has been said, again and again, you have nothing to be worried about with these two data points. Let's also let Nashtide have his thread back. If you have other concerns or question, please, feel free, to initiate a new thread.

Nashtide

As has been said, again and again, you have nothing to be worried about with these two data points. Let's also let Nashtide have his thread back. If you have other concerns or question, please, feel free, to initiate a new thread.
Lol. Thanks CW. I'm not really going to have anything to add until mid-May when I get the second blood test back.

lexer

Mine went from .07 to .09 in an eight week period on 100 mgs a week of testosterone. Should I worry?

First off, the psa is .7-.9 not .07 or .09. That is DEFINITELY NOT a significant jump. Get tested in another 8 weeks.
Initially going from .7 to .9 psa while starting testosterone is normal. Many times after a month or two the psa reverts to the original.
Im sure you are just fine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching