Protein Helps w/ Fat Loss: Diet & Training Methods That Actually Work

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Aragon sums it up nice!

30:30-36:16

*1.6 grams/kilogram of body weight of protein is required to maximize muscle and strength gains in non-dieting conditions.

*that figure of double the RDA happens to be effective for most populations whether your an athlete whether your dieting and want to preserve lean body mass or whether your an elderly person who is trying to fight off father time and sarcopenia and sarcopenic obesity and the complications thereof so that 1.6 grams per kilogram body weight happens to be sort of magic the magic number and what we in the research community are arguing over now is whether amounts above 1.6 are appropriate and I'm saying well yeah they are because observationally there are populations who consistently and who are operating at the highest levels in competition they're right in the 2.0 if your talking physique athletes 3.0-3.3 grams per kilogram bodyweight which on the 3.3 end is all the way up to a gram and half per pound of bodyweight so we got this research based guideline of 1.6 but we have these observations in the field and in the trenches consistently of somewhere between 1.6-2.2 and up in the fringes with the general population who is not necessarily lean not necessarily athletic than a reasonable range of 1.2-1.6 grams per kilogram of bodyweight but I honestly would rather default people towards that 1.6 because it works so great for dieting and muscle retention and satiety and athletics

Key takeaways:
  • Pre-exercise feeding of nutrients, especially protein, can cause a greater thermic effect during exercise compared to fasted training.
  • Training before breakfast can oxidize more fat during the session, while training in a fed state oxidizes what you have eaten.
  • In terms of fat oxidation during exercise, there is no significant difference between fasted and fed conditions when the overall dietary intake is the same.
  • Electrolyte sticks by Myoscience can aid in exercise sessions and recovery.
  • Protein plays a crucial role in fat loss, muscle growth, and satiety.
  • The recommended protein intake for most people is around 1.6-2.2 grams per kilogram of body weight.
  • Higher protein intake has shown benefits in muscle retention, satiety, and athletic performance.
  • Creatine is an effective ergogenic aid for increasing muscle size and strength.
  • There is no evidence to support the claim that creatine causes kidney damage.
  • Timing carbohydrates around exercise and individualizing carb intake based on activity level and preferences is important for optimizing performance and body composition.

0:00 Intro
7:15 Everything about diet should be individualized.
9:10 Planned hedonic deviation = Cheat Day.
9:45 24-hour energy expenditure is resting and active energy expenditure.
12:10 During prolonged dieting makes you move less, fidget less, and move slower.
12:55 A cheat meal or day bolsters adherence to a program long term.
14:45 A prolonged low-calorie diet without breaks causes your body to slow down your non-exercise activity.
17:10 If every few weeks you take a week off from dieting, you stick to the diet better.
20:00 Processed diet foods are still junk food.
21:10 Fasted cardio vs fed study saw no significant difference in fat loss in women.
24:00 It is also important to look at the 24-hour period after exercise.
30:30 1.6 grams/kilogram of body weight of protein is required to maximize muscle and strength gains in non-dieting conditions.
36:50 Increasing protein intake well beyond the RDA shows no significant effects on kidney health, liver function, or bone health.
39:55 Muscle loss can begin in your 30s with a sedentary lifestyle.
42:15 Age related anabolic resistance is related to obesity.
46:00 Risk goes up with BMI of 35 and up.
50:20 Creatine works well for increasing muscle size and strength.
55:20 Supplementing with leucine shows higher muscle protein synthesis responses.
56:45 When you are consuming adequate daily protein, the addition of BCAAs does nothing to increase muscle size and strength.
1:01:40 Match your carb fueling with the demands of the training.
1:04:15 Maximized muscle growth is not optimized on ketogenic carbohydrate levels.
1:07:40 On a very low carb diet, your appetite, output capacity, and resting glycogen levels are lower.
1:09:45 Carbohydrate/Insulin Hypothesis of Obesity is not proven in testing.
1:12:40 Hyperpalatable energy dense foods, full of refined carbs and fats, are what cause us to gain body fat.
1:16:10 “When you stop drinking, you start thinking.”

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Thedeven

Thanks for sharing Aragon's perspective on protein intake for fat loss and muscle gain—it's always fascinating to delve into the science behind nutrition and fitness. The range of 1.6-2.2 grams per kilogram of body weight seems to offer flexibility based on individual goals and lifestyles, from athletes to those just starting their fitness journey. Incorporating insights from both research and real-world observations can help tailor nutrition plans for optimal results. For more resources and tips, check out Achieve Your Fitness Goals with VR, which could provide additional guidance and support.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm just the opposite. I love working out on an empty stomach. I feel it gives me more energy and a much better workout. I know how different we all are.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me