Possibly old news but my personal research with relation to taking time off

Buy Lab Tests Online
I am 57 and train harder than most guys in my gym ! I hate to miss even one day ! I do and old fashioned routine . I alternate body parts but the basics are Back & Bies, Chest & Tries , shoulders and legs . I change the combo about every 2 weeks and even though I hate to miss a day I usually will miss one day a week !

With this being stated :

I had elbow pain and left rotator cuff pain that I continued to train through ? I caught a flu bug that was going around and I was down and out for a little over 2 mths. I was all stressed out about missing gym time and even tried to train sick ! I was not able !

So when I was 100% well and took another 2 weeks to get nutrition back on point ! So basically 3 soild mths, out of the gym :(

When I did start back I did a general routine working all body parts doing 2 sets of 2 exercises for 2 weeks with light weight and high reps ? To my surprise when I started back training hard I was amazed and did not go to heavy to fast and . . . . . . no shoulder pain and no elbow pain :)

I am now back to my old routine and I am able to train more efficiently and can see better results ! So from my research I have concluded that actually taking time off when you have pain will benefit me more in the long run :)

So any men out there over 50 that still try to train hard I suggest taking real time off and do not freak out ! Yes you will loose muscle and 3 mths. is a long time , but I am back better than ever and pay closer attention to bench press and do not break the 90* plain and on curls I do not hyper extend the elbow !

I am very pleased now for taking 3 mths off and I have better sessions and I am seeing better gains !

I welcome anyone in the golden years that still train hard to reply ! Offer positive thoughts or negative thoughts that you can share from experience not water cooler chat !

As stated I am 57 and train harder than many 35 yr old men ! I am not saying I train harder than a serious lifter but a lot harder than the average lifter much younger than me ! So Sound off men and share you experiences with injury and how you dealt with that achieved the best long term results ? Remembering Just like TRT this is a marathon not a sprint and training smart is better than traing to hard ! According to my experience it is near impossible to train through pain ! This is from my experience and my research !

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I started lifting my sophmore year of high school when I enrolled in a real powerlifting class. Bench, Squat, Deadlift, 1RM, totals, it was a serious course with a serious instructor. I've lifted ever since. Im approaching 43 now.
Part of my Low T entry was noticing that I wasn't getting the results with the effort I was expending. I've never been gifted or genetic for it, always hard to gain weight, never had a big bench or squat; hard gainer. But that year leading up to it, fewer results, increased fat, nothing was working right, least of my problems was gym related. Once I took some time off with the Dr's and started getting "right", my gym experience has nearly exploded. The last year, of injectables anyway, has been a life changer. I'm heavier, stronger, all my lifts have exploded in weight and my capacity for the workout has grown. I recover better and quicker, too. I find my capacity and confidence to add weight has grown exponentially.

Wow that is good to hear and as a power lifter You were not that tight of an eater if i understand power lifters that I have been around and something I have learned was always heavy is not the best a change to confuse from time to time is good also a few weeks of high reps and lower weight even a with that you can barley get the last 3 of each set of 30 is good ? ? ?

I lifted from 18 to 28 and abused gear and had a full blown Gyno operation done with my mammary gland removed ! I only started back lifting 3 years ago but I can testify that muscles do have memory !

TRT has been a life SAVING event in my life !

You can view my about me page and see from my death bed to a healthy man :)

For 57 I am really excited about my ongoing journey and encourage more 50+ men to go the step further than TRT and lift for a better mental life style and a better sex life ! Gym time directly related to saddle time :)
07-22.jpg 07-22 me.jpg 3-5 I.jpg Grim reaper duin squats.jpg

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching