On trt and low T symptoms returned??

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mikech6891

Just to give some background, I'm a 29 year old male. 5'5, about 145 lbs and in good physical shape. In April 2015 I began experiencing symptoms of low T. No libido, low semen volume, fatigue, muscle loss and fat gain. The primary care I had at the time was a nightmare and even though my blood tests came back with Total T at 245, they were unwilling to help with the problem.

After suffering with the side effects for two months, I was able to obtain testosterone cypionate on my own, along with arimidex in order to correct the problem. The results were fantastic. I returned to my physical shape and usual libido within a couple of months. I should mention that for these first couple of months I ran a dose that is higher than a standard TRT dose. 200mg twice a week (every 3.5 days) along with arimidex 3x a week. I'm a performer so my physical appearance is part of my job and my goal was to return to form as soon as possible before sliding into a TRT dose. I know this high a dose is closer to an AAS cycle than TRT however I always intended to drop down to a normal dosage.

I was able to find a doctor as of October 21 who specializes in TRT and I was ready to go into a more acceptable TRT dose of 200mg a week. However I had also had been battling bronchitis so my ENT had just prescribed me a 5 day prednisone taper.

As of the 21st I have had 3 weeks of shots at 200 mg every Monday morning. Different than my twice week protocol. They said they wanted to administer it there before writing me my own prescription (I now have the prescription and will be doing 100 mg twice a week continuing on). I also stopped the prednisone as of the 25th.

Everything was fine up until last Wednesday. All of a sudden, extreme fatigue. Depression, drop in libido (not massive), brain fog, agitation, sleep problems and low semen volume again.

I'm wondering what's wrong exactly. I'm going to call my doctor if I'm not feeling better by Wednesday. Could it be prednisone withdrawal (never heard of libido effects like this)? Could it be the sudden drop from 400 to 200 and my body had a "tolerance"? Or was it the couple weeks where I was doing it weekly and my levels were declining? Perhaps I'm a "hyper excreted?" I have testosterone in my system now clearly and from all my research, 200 mg is a strong enough dose that I should not have these low T symptoms. I'm trying my best to pinpoint what it could be. Any constructive feedback and help from knowledgeable people would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

If all these symptoms came on that fast - you say in a single day, last Wednesday? I doubt that it is related to your testosterone. Normally when we change a TRT protocol to raise or lower the dose, it takes a good 4 weeks to settle in and see/feel any difference. Someone else here on the forum likely knows a lot more about Prednisone than I do and they can chime in on that.

So are you able to go back to 100mg/ twice weekly now?

Mikech6891

Yessir. I am taking 100mg today IM and 100 on Thursday.

Last Wednesday was the first day I noticed the low semen volume (not to be gross, I just mean from a pure clinical/symptom standpoint). I'm very in tune with my body which has helped me a lot over the years. When something is different or not right I can tell. Every day since Wednesday when I have "checked" every day. Last night was the lowest. I'm definitely gonna check with my doctor for sure. It's just so strange. But I threw in mentioning prednisone because I know some symptoms of adrenal fatigue match low T.

Vince

Super Moderator
Mikech, are you still on an AI, your estrogen may be too low. Is your doctor prescribing HCG, your sperm volume with definite will be lower when your on TRT. HCG will help.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
You answered your question:

"Could it be prednisone withdrawal (never heard of libido effects like this)? Could it be the sudden drop from 400 to 200 and my body had a "tolerance"? "

The prednison withdrawal can cause temporary adrenal shut down. The 200 mg per week TRT dose is fine. There is no such a thing as "testosterone resistance".

Mikech6891

What lab values do you have since starting TRT? Without them, we're guessing.

Coastwatcher, they did lab work twice. The first results I got a copy. The second results they didn't. When I got my first bloodwork the nurse made the mistake of drawing my blood after getting my t shot (after I was honest with them about my 400mg procedure). It was 1500 then (clearly how I respond to 400 twice weekly). They realized the error and spaced out a week from that 200mg shot. They drew blood again the next week BEFORE giving me the shot and later called me to tell me my levels were 742. I don't have the copy of the bloodwork to give you levels of shbg or free T, however given my use of an AI I'm assuming on the lower end. I'll try to get a copy and post for you

Mikech6891

Vince, I am still on an AI. I tend to have in the past suffered from high estrogen symptoms and always respond well to lowering my estrogen. No joint pain to speak. He is not prescribing HCG. However in the prior months of shots I always had great volume and most of my life too. The only times I haven't are April to June before shots and now that I have slipped to 200. I'll look into it though

Mikech6891

You answered your question

"Could it be prednisone withdrawal (never heard of libido effects like this)? Could it be the sudden drop from 400 to 200 and my body had a "tolerance"? "

The prednison withdrawal can cause temporary adrenal shut down. The 200 mg per week TRT dose is fine. There is no such a thing as "testosterone resistance".

Nelson, that was my thought. I had my last prednisone tablet on the 25th. Didn't think withdrawal lasted that long. The symptoms definitely match adrenal fatigue but what about the sexual side effects I'm experiencing?

I agree that I have never heard of test tolerance or resistance. I wasn't sure however if the body or receptors got "accustomed" to a certain dose. Or if my sudden protocol switch threw my body for a loop. I guess I will have to wait and see

CoastWatcher

Nelson, that was my thought. I had my last prednisone tablet on the 25th. Didn't think withdrawal lasted that long. The symptoms definitely match adrenal fatigue but what about the sexual side effects I'm experiencing?

I agree that I have never heard of test tolerance or resistance. I wasn't sure however if the body or receptors got "accustomed" to a certain dose. Or if my sudden protocol switch threw my body for a loop. I guess I will have to wait and see

Be patient. I had an extended round of prednisone following surgery. My system took nearly three weeks to find its balance.

Mikech6891

You're right I know. It's the low semen volume that concerns me. It's almost always a symptom of low test unless there's another condition I don't know about

Mikech6891

Hey guys. Is it also possible I could be experiencing low Estrogen symptoms? Perhaps my adex should be adjusted? I have tried googling low estrogen side effects but haven't seen sides listed in great detail. Again my sides are
-Depressed
-Brain fog (like bad...I'm a sharp guy but I've been forgetting things like crazy which isn't normal)
-Fatigue
-Bad sleep
-Low semen volume (Erections fine, achieving orgasm fine...this is the one setting off red flags with me. I'm on 200mg a week, it makes no sense)
-Low desire to have sex
-Anxiety
-Easily agitated/anxious

I'm gonna try to retrieve my bloodwork to post for you guys tomorrow. In the meantime any constructive thoughts are welcome :)

CoastWatcher

Hey guys. Is it also possible I could be experiencing low Estrogen symptoms? Perhaps my adex should be adjusted? I have tried googling low estrogen side effects but haven't seen sides listed in great detail. Again my sides are
-Depressed
-Brain fog (like bad...I'm a sharp guy but I've been forgetting things like crazy which isn't normal)
-Fatigue
-Bad sleep
-Low semen volume (Erections fine, achieving orgasm fine...this is the one setting off red flags with me. I'm on 200mg a week, it makes no sense)
-Low desire to have sex
-Anxiety
-Easily agitated/anxious

I'm gonna try to retrieve my bloodwork to post for you guys tomorrow. In the meantime any constructive thoughts are welcome :)

Post your bloodwork. There a lot of things that are possible, but in the a sense of blood values we really can't answer with certainty.

Mikech6891

Post your bloodwork. There a lot of things that are possible, but in the a sense of blood values we really can't answer with certainty.
I understand. Just made an appointment for tomorrow to get up to date bloodwork :) I'll post when I get the results. Then maybe we can have some theories :) thanks

Mikech6891

For me Vince it went alongside having low T. When my T first dropped before I started administering shots (April to June) I was firing dribbles (atypical for me). When I started "self prescribing" in June my normal volume returned along with sex drive. Now that I have a doctor officially prescribing my old symptoms have all returned. Like I'm not even on test at all. Which is crazy because I got it filled by a pharmacy. Should be legit. I'll post pic of what Rite aid gave me. It's so odd. Even though I went from 400mg to 200 mg a week I should not have these symptoms.

Last edited:

eli

Without a blood work, everyone is just guessing. Based on my experience, brain fog is from low E2 <--- Still a guess.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me