Need to burn fat and not loose muscle

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hi Everyone,
Need some guidance on getting leaner. What I am currently doing is not working.

Stats:
On TRT now for 6 mos, last levels were at 770 so good there.
5'11" 260 lbs
15" arms
18" calfs
28" quads
40"waist - sucks have that loose belly fat roll. Smallest my waist has been is 34 and that was after boot camp.

Exercise currently.
10-20 miles of cycling everyday
Pushups and situps every morning. 50 reps at least
Upper body workout with bands, curls, press, lat pulls.

I have been cycling now for over 2 years and I am still at 260. I just finished my 2nd 100 mile ride in around 9 hours. Ave speed is 17mph.

I have tried high carb diet with mostly fruit and veggies, rice and small amounts of meat. I have great energy to workout and get my workouts in but just cannot seem to get weight off.

I was thinking of going back to an old diet I did when bodybuilding years ago but brown rice and chicken all the time sucks.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Gene, that sounds like an interesting supplement. Will look into it for sure.

It's good stuff Nelson. It's one of the proven non-stimulating thermogenic's that has enough research behind it to make its efficacy somewhat plausible.

I use it and can say it helped lean me out, but it may take a month or two (maybe even three) before you see results so don't look for immediate results if that's what you're looking for.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
CLA (I am not convinced about its fat burning abilities. The data is all over the place): http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/

Here are some flucoxanthin products: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...l=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Fucoxanthin

I just 3 bottles of Life Extensions product off this link. The price was stupid low!

If you want to try this guys, go to the amazon link and you will see the LE product at the top.

BTW, for best results one should take two pills three times a day. This is one where more is better!

Bobby

Only sure fire way to lose is to calorie count. It is very difficult to estimate how many calories you are taking in without accurate weighing and measuring of food. Sure you can "eat healthy", but you can go over your calorie limits eating broiled chicken and veggies also.....result....weight gain.

I know.....it's a PITA but it will work for you.

Hi
I diet is based on 80/10/10
3000 cal a day example
Meal 1:
750 calories per meal (150g carbs, 19g protein, 8g fat)
Snack 1:
300 calories per snack (60g carbs, 8g protein, 3g fat)
Meal 2:
750 calories per meal (150g carbs, 19g protein, 8g fat)
Snack 2:
Meal 3:
600 calories per meal (120g carbs, 15g protein, 7g fat)
Snack 3:

using active.com calorie calculator. If I am sedentary I need 3000 calories to maintain my current weight and 3767 if I am active.
to give an example
Sat. ride which is 50 miles, I have a moving time of 3hrs 3 min and calories burned of 2258. so this day I would need 5000 calories for the day. Intake was 4k cal between meals and during the ride eating.
a ride during the week for example of 11 miles 40 min is only 450 calories. for 20 miles its about 900. intake was 2500 cals

I take in about 2500-3000 avg calories a day, I was counting them on http://cronometer.com/, based on what I was eating and using I should have been 500-1000 in the neg. during the week i was limiting myself to 2500 which really was zapping energy levels and 3-4k on weekends. Being diabetic I have to watch letting blood sugar levels getting to low.

Meal for the day example
Breakfast
32 oz of water
5-7 banana smoothie - Bananas and water
snack would be some fruit - apples or dates
Lunch
32oz or water
Salad with Spinach and fruit
or Rice and eggs
snack more fruit or tuna and crackers
Dinner
32oz of water
Salad
Rice, pasta or potato
few oz of meat

Bobby

Hi SoCalSurfer. Looks like you are well on your way of keeping track of your input and output like I do. I think you would like the software program I use. It's called Calorie King www.calorieking.com. You enter your height, weight, activity level, age, etc. Then you simply input all your meal values and your exercise for the day and the program adds and subtracts net calories for you. The data base is HUGE, or you can custom add any food to your own data base or meal plan. It will also track carbs, fat, salt, water if you wish. It is invaluable to me and I think you would like it also. There is a fee, not sure how much the software is, but it is well worth the cost. Check it out !

Man I wish I could eat 3K a day. My base weight maintenance calorie max is only 1.6K, but I am only 5'6", 130 lbs. Good luck.

Hi Bobby, I think the most I have burned cycling was 7k for a 6hr ride.
according to bicycle magazine calorie calculator I burn 1000 cal an hour at 12-14mph avg. the group I ride with is in the 16-18 range.

Thing is I want to burn off the fat and not my muscle. I feel that calorie restriction can lead to you body losing muscle. Also without enough in the tank you cant train hard for any length of time. Double edge sward. I tried the Paleo diet for a while (2-3 months) but wow did my endurance drop and hills I could storm up where killers. I started getting leg cramps during rides and I was hydrated (clear urine).

IMO, You need to add health fats to your diet.
Grains, processed carbohydrates and even fruit are all quick sources of fuel - any excess calories from those foods will be stored as fat.
By increasing your fat intake and lowering carbohydrates, you will allow your body to burn fat and use it for energy, rather than store it

Ricky

Thank you Gene for this supplement information. I was not aware with it and i will try this supplement soon. For fat burning cardio exercise is useful like running. Its a quick and easiest way to burn fat.

robs2nd75

From what I have read, you should not drop more than 500 kcal below maintenance per day if you wish to maintain muscle mass while losing. Be extremely cautious when using caloric standards set for average males. We are all different; burn at different rates, maintain at different levels, respond to different exercises......Burning thousands of calories in one sitting may not be the best choice as you will more than likely be burning muscle glycogen. I think what Keith stated is essential. Anytime I have successfully lost weight at a healthy rate I included health fats from salmon, avocados, and almonds.

Ferdinend

To burn fat and not loosing muscles, load up on protein, increase your water intake for drinking and break your meals in small frequent meals. Do not eliminate fat entirely from your daily diet and avoid taking meals shortly before going to bed.

SLADE

Best results I have had is high protein, moderate healthy fats, and low carbs(less than 5g per meal), 4,000mg of CLA, and 2-3,000 L Carnitine. I have started taking other supplements but thats main thing I did along with intense cardio and weights to drop 95lbs last year.

Best results I have had is high protein, moderate healthy fats, and low carbs(less than 5g per meal), 4,000mg of CLA, and 2-3,000 L Carnitine. I have started taking other supplements but thats main thing I did along with intense cardio and weights to drop 95lbs last year.

All of the above + Garcinia Cambogia (HCA), Green Coffee Bean Extract, MCT Oil, sesamin 500 mg x 3, capsaicin, 4mg nicotine gum. Seems to be working will post pics of before & after in 6 weeks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me