NAC Benefits: HDL and More

Buy Lab Tests Online
Thanks, seaexplorer. Are you taking a higher dose of testosterone plus HCG anabolics?

Thanks for the reply Nelson and for the link. I will check it out next ...

I just started testosterone injections of 70mg 2X per week plus 400mg 2X a week of HCG. Today is actually the first day of this treatment for me

I've been taking the NAC for about 4 weeks now. I started that the day after these first labs. Now off to read the link you gave. My HDL is stubbornly low

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Well, here's my 3 month update after taking NAC 600mg 2x per day. My HDL looks like it actually went down about 10% (34 vs 31). My Triglycerides though improved and went down by about 22% (159 vs 123) which is probably the first time in 5 years they've been under 150. Uggh, my HDL though is just super stubborn. I'll keep taking the NAC but I think I need look into some type of different exercise routines, so that's what I will look to change next. I'm not sure what type of exercise is best for improving HDL. I read that endurance cardio is good or bad and interval cardio is good, so honestly I'm not sure and that's my next task to learn here.

Capture.jpg

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Well, here's my 3 month update after taking NAC 600mg 2x per day. My HDL looks like it actually went down about 10% (34 vs 31). My Triglycerides though improved and went down by about 22% (159 vs 123) which is probably the first time in 5 years they've been under 150. Uggh, my HDL though is just super stubborn. I'll keep taking the NAC but I think I need look into some type of different exercise routines, so that's what I will look to change next. I'm not sure what type of exercise is best for improving HDL. I read that endurance cardio is good or bad and interval cardio is good, so honestly I'm not sure and that's my next task to learn here.

View attachment 3834

HDL is hard to increase while on TRT. But here are other options:

How to Increase Good Cholesterol (HDL)

Hey guys no doubt NAC is great for some stuff. I’ve taken it for a number of years now. However any of you worried about the studies where it and other antioxidants may increase cancer?

DragonBits

I'm first going to do an experiment with NAC to see if that has any effect on my low levels of HDL. Below are my starting lab measures before starting to take NAC:

View attachment 3467

I'll post updated results in about 3 months.

I started drinking 6 oz on wine a night, my HDL jumped from 36 > 55, it has never been that high.

BTW, I think any alcohol nightly has the same effect, like a beer is about the same amount of alcohol, though I haven't tested it by switching from wine to beer. I usually have 1-2 beers on Saturday.

Vince

Super Moderator
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)--NAC is growing in popularity, as it can serve as a precursor (source) of glutathione that declines in Alzheimer’s dementia and may thereby benefit brain health. For this reason, many programs that purport to support brain health and prevent dementia include NAC. Problem: NAC is also known to disrupt the mucous lining ("biofilm") of the intestinal lining, an effect that, similar to that of synthetic emulsifying agents added to processed foods to maintain ingredient mixing such as polysorbate 80 or hydroxymethylcellulose, can alter bowel flora and increase intestinal permeability of the sort that heightens risk for autoimmune and other diseases, although the consequences of this effect may require years to become evident.

Membership Levels | Dr. William Davis

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is an over the counter supplement that has been utilized by clinicians for years to treat acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose, as a mucolytic, and for other medical problems. There is compelling research that NAC may also reduce the severity of viral infections like influenza, and perhaps reduce the risk of blood clots (thromboembolism) as well. Could NAC be effective in COVID-19? Dr. Seheult illustrates these ideas and discusses the peer-reviewed data involved.

Sly

I’ve been taking NAC every day for over 5 years and I am a firm believer that it has helped keep me from getting sick when those around me, including my family get sick. Blood work shows my liver enzymes have stayed consistently good even when taking meds that would otherwise raise liver values. I take 600mg every morning.

Sly

You may want to take 600 mg twice per day, the most studied dose.
I used to take 600mg twice per day, but at least from a bloodwork perspective 600mg once per day produced basically the same results and I didn’t notice any other changes in my body, so I decided to stick with the once a day.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), as a nutritional supplement, is a greatly applied antioxidant in vivo and in vitro. NAC is a precursor of L-cysteine that results in glutathione elevation biosynthesis. It acts directly as a scavenger of free radicals, especially oxygen radicals. NAC is a powerful antioxidant. It is also recommended as a potential treatment option for different disorders resulted from generation of free oxygen radicals. Additionally, it is a protected and endured mucolytic drug that mellows tenacious mucous discharges. It has been used for treatment of various diseases in a direct action or in a combination with some other medications. This paper presents a review on various applications of NAC in treatment of several diseases.

sammmy

every time i take NAC i get a herpes out break...cold sores, not sure why?

It is possible that NAC and other anti-oxidants are actually immune system suppressors. Immune system uses reactive oxygen to destroy infected cells and bacteria.

Recently, I took glutathione 1g/day, the powder version not the liposomal, to suppress inflammatory reactions when I eat sugar. It works really well for that but I started getting headaches with fever in the evening when I take my hiv drugs Intelence/Truvada. The headaches/fevers went away when I stopped glutathione. I was shocked that an 'anti-oxidant' can do that.

I am next trying NAC but am not holding my breath it won't lead to the same problem, since it is a precursor to glutathione.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me