Mk677

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

Well, let's do our own research. There is certainly plenty available.....short term or long term. This one is a A Randomized, Controlled Trial, which is pretty high up on the scientific evidence chain.

Results​

Daily MK-677 significantly increased GH and IGF-I levels to those of healthy young adults without serious adverse effects. With placebo, mean (95% Cl) FFM decreased -0.5 (-1.1 to 0.2) kg, however, FFM increased 1.1 (0.7 to 1.5) kg with MK-677 (P<0.001, MK-677 vs. placebo); body cell mass as reflected by intracellular water decreased -1.0 (-2.1 to 0.2) kg with placebo, but increased 0.8 (-0.1 to 1.6) kg with MK-677 (P=0.021). There were no significant differences in AVF or total fat mass. However, the average increase in limb fat in the MK-677 group (1.1 kg) was greater than with placebo (0.24 kg); P=0.001. Body weight increased 0.8 (-0.3 to 1.8) kg with placebo and 2.7 (2.0 to 3.5) kg with MK-677 (P=0.003). Fasting blood glucose increased an average of 0.3 mmol/L (5 mg/dL) with MK-677 (P=0.015) and insulin sensitivity declined. The most frequent side effects were an increase in appetite that subsided within a few months and transient, mild lower extremity edema and muscle pain. Low density lipoprotein cholesterol decreased -0.14 (-0.27 to -0.01) mmol/L [-5.4 (-10.4 to -0.4) mg/dL] with MK-677 (P=0.026); there were no differences in total or high density lipoprotein cholesterol. Cortisol increased 47 (28 to 71) nmol/L [1.7 (1.0 to 2.6 µg/dL)] with MK-677 (P=0.020). Changes in bone mineral density consistent with increased bone remodeling occurred in MK-677-treated subjects. Increased FFM did not result in changes in strength or function. Two-year exploratory analyses confirmed the 1-year results.

Conclusions​

The ghrelin mimetic MK-677 enhanced pulsatile GH secretion and significantly increased FFM over 12 months and was generally well tolerated. Long-term functional, and ultimately pharmaco-economic, studies in elderly adults are indicated.

BigTex

Yes, it was pushed as a SARM....but selective ANDROEN receptor modulators are what they are, they selective modulate the androgen receptors. MK677 does not effect the androgen receptors. Instead it is a non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor and a growth hormone secretagogue, It works in much the same way as GHRPs work but is orally active. The only side effects I have heard from the many I know over maybe 20 years, including myself and my wife is it can cause hunger for some, since it mimics ghrelin and it can cause all of the symptoms of hGH is larger doses.

My wife is doing some 12mg tabs I bought only because she hates injections. I prefer hGH.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
There are lots of posts here. Be careful with increasing fat mass if you are not careful.

BigTex

MYbe try imaporelin. It does the same without getting you hungry
MK-677 has gone under the following names, Ibutamoren, MK-677, MK-0677, LUM-201, L-163,191; former tentative brand name Oratrope. All are the exact same formulation (C27H36N4O5S). All are non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor and a growth hormone secretagogue, mimicking the growth hormone (GH)-stimulating action of the endogenous hormone ghrelin. If you are sensitive to ghrelin you are going to get hungry.

Fernando Almaguer

MK-677 has gone under the following names, Ibutamoren, MK-677, MK-0677, LUM-201, L-163,191; former tentative brand name Oratrope. All are the exact same formulation (C27H36N4O5S). All are non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor and a growth hormone secretagogue, mimicking the growth hormone (GH)-stimulating action of the endogenous hormone ghrelin. If you are sensitive to ghrelin you are going to get hungry.
Imaporelin will not stimulate ghrelin from what I understand.

BigTex

There are lots of posts here. Be careful with increasing fat mass if you are not careful.

Here is the breakdown: 25mg/d MK677 for 8 weeks

1. Serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) increased approximately 40%
2. Serum IGF-binding protein-3 was also significantly increased
3. GH and PRL (peak and area under the curve values) were significantly increased
4. Serum and urinary concentrations of cortisol were not increased at 2 and 8 weeks
5. Fat-free mass increased significantly in the MK-677 treatment group when determined with dual energy x-ray absorptiometry
6. The basal metabolic rate was significantly increased at 2 weeks of MK-677 treatment
7. Fasting concentrations of glucose and insulin were unchanged, whereas an oral glucose tolerance test showed impairment of glucose homeostasis at 2 and 8 weeks.
8. Total and visceral fat were not significantly changed with active therapy.

We conclude that 2-month treatment with MK-677 in healthy obese males caused a sustained increase in serum levels of GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding protein-3. The effects on cortisol secretion were transient. Changes in body composition and energy expenditure were of an anabolic nature, with a sustained increase in fat-free mass and a transient increase in basal metabolic rate. Further studies are needed to evaluate whether a higher dose of MK-677 or a more prolonged treatment period can promote a reduction in body fat.

Unless its too early in the morning and I am reading this wrong, fat-free mass (muscle) increased significantly, basal metabolic rate increased significantly, total and visceral fat were not significantly changed. Basal metabolism increases mean we burn more calories at rest, with the addition of fat-free mas usually always add up to eventual body fat losses. While total and visceral fat did not have significant changes, perhaps 8 weeks was to enough to note significant changes. Figure 3 showing the graphs of the DEXA scan, do show some slight changes in fat mass in the MK677 subjects. While these changes are insignificant statistically, in the real world they add up over time. Especially when BMR and FFM go up significantly.

1, The treatment group showed a weight gain of 2.7 kg at 8 weeks of MK-677. Fat-free mass significantly increases. FFM increased about 3 kg in the treatment group compared with that in the placebo group.
2. In contrast, total body fat, as assessed from DEXA measurements, was not changed by MK-677 treatment.

A strong negative correlation was found between the changes in serum IGF-I and visceral fat in the treatment group
. Correlation analysis showed that a greater than 30–35% increase in serum IGF-I was needed to reduce visceral fat mass. This suggests that a higher dose of MK-677, resulting in enhanced levels of serum GH and IGF-I, may cause a reduction in visceral fat. In obese males, GH treatment reduces the visceral fat mass over a 9-month period (18), and it is possible that a more prolonged MK-677 treatment period could cause a decrease in visceral fat.

IMHO, MK677 at 25mg does not cause enough of an increase in IGF-1 (<30-35%) to quickly show body fat loses. As most know who use any type of GH inducing product, it take around 6 months to see any visible changes in body composition. Most likely had this study gone on 6 months at 25mg or upped the dose to 50mg we would have seen some drastic changes.

Last edited:

BadassBlues

Here is the breakdown: 25mg/d MK677 for 8 weeks

1. Serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) increased approximately 40%
2. Serum IGF-binding protein-3 was also significantly increased
3. GH and PRL (peak and area under the curve values) were significantly increased
4. Serum and urinary concentrations of cortisol were not increased at 2 and 8 weeks
5. Fat-free mass increased significantly in the MK-677 treatment group when determined with dual energy x-ray absorptiometry
6. The basal metabolic rate was significantly increased at 2 weeks of MK-677 treatment
7. Fasting concentrations of glucose and insulin were unchanged, whereas an oral glucose tolerance test showed impairment of glucose homeostasis at 2 and 8 weeks.
8. Total and visceral fat were not significantly changed with active therapy.

We conclude that 2-month treatment with MK-677 in healthy obese males caused a sustained increase in serum levels of GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding protein-3. The effects on cortisol secretion were transient. Changes in body composition and energy expenditure were of an anabolic nature, with a sustained increase in fat-free mass and a transient increase in basal metabolic rate. Further studies are needed to evaluate whether a higher dose of MK-677 or a more prolonged treatment period can promote a reduction in body fat.

Unless its too early in the morning and I am reading this wrong, fat-free mass (muscle) increased significantly, basal metabolic rate increased significantly, total and visceral fat were not significantly changed. Basal metabolism increases mean we burn more calories at rest, with the addition of fat-free mas usually always add up to eventual body fat losses. While total and visceral fat did not have significant changes, perhaps 8 weeks was to enough to note significant changes. Figure 3 showing the graphs of the DEXA scan, do show some slight changes in fat mass in the MK677 subjects. While these changes are insignificant statistically, in the real world they add up over time. Especially when BMR and FFM go up significantly.

1, The treatment group showed a weight gain of 2.7 kg at 8 weeks of MK-677. Fat-free mass significantly increases. FFM increased about 3 kg in the treatment group compared with that in the placebo group.
2. In contrast, total body fat, as assessed from DEXA measurements, was not changed by MK-677 treatment.

A strong negative correlation was found between the changes in serum IGF-I and visceral fat in the treatment group
. Correlation analysis showed that a greater than 30–35% increase in serum IGF-I was needed to reduce visceral fat mass. This suggests that a higher dose of MK-677, resulting in enhanced levels of serum GH and IGF-I, may cause a reduction in visceral fat. In obese males, GH treatment reduces the visceral fat mass over a 9-month period (18), and it is possible that a more prolonged MK-677 treatment period could cause a decrease in visceral fat.

IMHO, MK677 at 25mg does not cause enough of an increase in IGF-1 (<30-35%) to quickly show body fat loses. As most know who use any type of GH inducing product, it take around 6 months to see any visible changes in body composition. Most likely had this study gone on 6 months at 25mg or upped the dose to 50mg we would have seen some drastic changes.
I think the disconnect with this is that the studies state that visceral fat is not reduced. They don't mention that it is not increased either. MK 677 is far more anabolic than peptides. It may not be the most effective thing for fat loss, but it increases muscle density significantly.

BigTex

I think the disconnect with this is that the studies state that visceral fat is not reduced. They don't mention that it is not increased either. MK 677 is far more anabolic than peptides. It may not be the most effective thing for fat loss, but it increases muscle density significantly.
If you look at the graphs on figure 3 there were actually decreases in both. Statistically there were not significant. But there were still losses. Anyone who has used any kind of GH products knows that you need to be on about 6 week before you will see changes in body fat. 8 weeks is just not enough time to see much of a loss. Probably a lower dose might have been more effective too.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me