Mental health and the perimenopause

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

This video and transcript discuss the connection between mental health and perimenopause, a topic often overlooked.

* Lindsay, a previously fit and well individual, experienced sudden anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts during perimenopause.

*Her husband, Kieran, who is a GP, recognized the severity of her symptoms and the rapid decline in her mental health.

*Lindsay was admitted to a mental health hospital and received treatments such as medication and electroshock therapy, but there was no improvement.

*Kieran advocated for the consideration of hormones as a possible cause and pushed for the inclusion of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in Lindsay’s treatment.

*After starting HRT, Lindsay gradually saw a positive change and experienced a return to her normal self.

* It is important to listen to your body and look for any changes that may be related to perimenopause.

*Education about perimenopause is key to understanding and managing related mental health symptoms.

*Symptoms to look out for include low-level anxiety and increased irritability or anger.

*If experiencing these symptoms, speaking up and seeking help is crucial.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator

samueldaisi

Thanks for shedding light on this crucial topic. It hits close to home as I've seen loved ones navigate similar challenges during perimenopause. It's a reminder to pay attention, seek support, and explore options like HRT if needed. Also, you can find an article on this at Self-help for mental health disorders. Kudos for fostering awareness!

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching