Melatonin supplements before evening meal - yes or no?

Buy Lab Tests Online

seppuku

I stopped taking melatonin before bed as i eat my evening meal fairly late and i'd read that melatonin impairs insulin sensitivity. But i've just found this study and (to me at least), it seems to claim the opposite. Am i missing something here? I always liked using melatonin as i felt it enhanced my immune system.

Quote from the abstract,

"Exogenous melatonin administrated before an evening test meal improved glucose tolerance, insulin sensitivity and reduced postprandial TAGs"

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

seppuku

Great info!

I chew my melatonin gummy at 9 pm every night. I have dinner at 7 pm. The gummy works within 20 min-30 min. I start yawning a lot.

If I took it before dinner, I would have to go to bed within an hour and miss my Netflix shows LOL

I literally only stopped my previous 20 year nightly usage of melatonin as i'd read on a blog (suppversity.com) that you shouldn't take it anywhere near meals due to the supposed temporary insulin resistance it causes. But since stopping, i've had minor colds, sore throat etc, something i hadn't suffered from in years (and i always take between 5k to 10k IU of vit d3). So i'm really hoping that this study is more accurate (and that i've understood it correctly), as i'm rather fond of melatonin. I also find it increases my libido too, contrary to what is often claimed by some users.

Belekas

nobody
Great info!

I chew my melatonin gummy at 9 pm every night. I have dinner at 7 pm. The gummy works within 20 min-30 min. I start yawning a lot.

If I took it before dinner, I would have to go to bed within an hour and miss my Netflix shows LOL
What amount you taking and what brand? I've never taken it in my life but since I've turned 40 maybe that would be beneficial given what I've read and heard over the years.

seppuku

What amount you taking and what brand? I've never taken it in my life but since I've turned 40 maybe that would be beneficial given what I've read and heard over the years.

Not sure where Nelson gets his gummies from, but i've always liked Piping Rock's range of melatonin (and dhea for that matter). The last few orders from them i bought their own brand regular 3mg pills, chew a couple up, hold them under the tongue for a couple of minutes before swallowing. Any time i felt under the weather, i'd increase dosage to 9mg - 12mg.

Belekas

nobody
Not sure where Nelson gets his gummies from, but i've always liked Piping Rock's range of melatonin (and dhea for that matter). The last few orders from them i bought their own brand regular 3mg pills, chew a couple up, hold them under the tongue for a couple of minutes before swallowing. Any time i felt under the weather, i'd increase dosage to 9mg - 12mg.

Are you sure this company can be trusted? First time I hear about it as I'm in the UK. So more or less you have been taking it for other benefits besides sleep?

seppuku

Are you sure this company can be trusted? First time I hear about it as I'm in the UK. So more or less you have been taking it for other benefits besides sleep?

Yeah they've got a good reputation, and their range of products is good (i like alternating magnesium types and i'm currently using their magnesium malate). I'm in the UK too by the way, and i've found it's still cheaper to buy from them even though they're USA based. As to other benefits from melatonin - for starters, it's just always made sense to me that melatonin supplements should be useful to humans nowadays. Ever since the electric light bulb, we've been suppressing melatonin by exposing our eyes to bright light (blue light) when we shouldn't be seeing it. Mobile phones etc have just made it worse. And for me at least, it's had a noticable effect on my immune system. Whenever i've started to come down with any illness, ramping up my melatonin dosage for a few days has always knocked it on the head. And as i mentioned before, i honestly believe it increases my libido too.

Belekas

nobody
Yeah they've got a good reputation, and their range of products is good (i like alternating magnesium types and i'm currently using their magnesium malate). I'm in the UK too by the way, and i've found it's still cheaper to buy from them even though they're USA based. As to other benefits from melatonin - for starters, it's just always made sense to me that melatonin supplements should be useful to humans nowadays. Ever since the electric light bulb, we've been suppressing melatonin by exposing our eyes to bright light (blue light) when we shouldn't be seeing it. Mobile phones etc have just made it worse. And for me at least, it's had a noticable effect on my immune system. Whenever i've started to come down with any illness, ramping up my melatonin dosage for a few days has always knocked it on the head. And as i mentioned before, i honestly believe it increases my libido too.
Yeah fair enough mate and sounds good. I might give it a try. So basically you do 6mg/day? I'm using USA brands like Jarrow, Dr. Best etc most of the time so will have a look for melatonin as well. Probably should start on the lowest dose and see what happens:)

seppuku

OK, well this study completely contradicts the one above and says that eating with raised melatonin levels can lead to type 2 diabetes.

A quote from the study -

"In this Timing Model, low melatonin (during eating) supports high glucose tolerance, while high melatonin (during fasting) would facilitate β-cell recovery. Therefore, the abnormal state of high melatonin concurrent with food intake, as seen in nocturnally feeding populations, shift-workers or users of exogenous melatonin, may result in dysregulation of glucose metabolism leading to increased risk of T2D. Furthermore, abnormally low melatonin levels or decreased melatonin receptor signaling during the night (as might occur in carriers of rare loss-of-function mutations in MTNR1B), may limit β-cell recovery, and chronically raise T2D risk."

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me