Mediocre testosterone level, low s-Lh

Buy Lab Tests Online

AnonSE

Hi all,

Came across this forum when browsing around reading about Clomid. Finding this forum was like striking gold, so much great information.

Background for me registering: I’m in my late 20s and have been experiencing extremely low and decreasing sex drive the past 2 years, I’ve been feeling depressed and not gaining muscles the way I used to in my early 20s when working out (had a 3 year pause prior to returning, 5 months in now). My beard growth has not really been that great even though my siblings have great beards. I’m feeling tired more often and my memory is not the way it used to be.

I’ve done 2 separate blood tests, the first one was a bit more extensive than the second one which was just measuring testosterone levels.

The first test showed that my testosterone levels are ok (19nmol/L) whereas the second test a year later showed that the levels had increased (22nmol/L). Good, but not great considering my 10 year older brother came out at 33nmol/L.

What worries me though is that my S-LH levels are very low at only 2.7E/L, it’s still considered as”normal” but in the bottom range.

Since my levels are in the green I won’t be able to get any help from the healthcare in Sweden so I’ve researched the best way to get around that the past weeks and came to the conclusion that Clomid and possibly HCG may be the best way to get rid of my issues (except the low sex drive which I understand is not helped by Clomid).

I would really appreciate some input on what I should proceed with and also how big of an impact the low level of S-LH might have on the issues I’m describing.

Thank you in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Total T is inert, the Free T is where the rubber meets the road. Clomid kills most mens sexual desire.

Testosterone levels can still be in range and symptoms of low-T present.

madman

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Came across this forum when browsing around reading about Clomid. Finding this forum was like striking gold, so much great information.

Background for me registering: I’m in my late 20s and have been experiencing extremely low and decreasing sex drive the past 2 years, I’ve been feeling depressed and not gaining muscles the way I used to in my early 20s when working out (had a 3 year pause prior to returning, 5 months in now). My beard growth has not really been that great even though my siblings have great beards. I’m feeling tired more often and my memory is not the way it used to be.

I’ve done 2 separate blood tests, the first one was a bit more extensive than the second one which was just measuring testosterone levels.

The first test showed that my testosterone levels are ok (19nmol/L) whereas the second test a year later showed that the levels had increased (22nmol/L). Good, but not great considering my 10 year older brother came out at 33nmol/L.

What worries me though is that my S-LH levels are very low at only 2.7E/L, it’s still considered as”normal” but in the bottom range.

Since my levels are in the green I won’t be able to get any help from the healthcare in Sweden so I’ve researched the best way to get around that the past weeks and came to the conclusion that Clomid and possibly HCG may be the best way to get rid of my issues (except the low sex drive which I understand is not helped by Clomid).

I would really appreciate some input on what I should proceed with and also how big of an impact the low level of S-LH might have on the issues I’m describing.

Thank you in advance

I’m in my late 20s and have been experiencing extremely low and decreasing sex drive the past 2 years, I’ve been feeling depressed and not gaining muscles the way I used to in my early 20s when working out (had a 3 year pause prior to returning, 5 months in now). My beard growth has not really been that great even though my siblings have great beards. I’m feeling tired more often and my memory is not the way it used to be.

Need to post labs?

TT, FT, SHBG, estradiol, prolactin, DHT, LH/FSH, DHEA, Thyroid panel, 4 point cortisol, PSA, CBC, CMP, lipids?

You only stated TT and LH.

If anything needs to know your SHBG and FT.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of T responsible for the positive effects.

SHBG is critical as it will have a significant impact on your FT.

Keep in mind that dysfunction thyroid/adrenals can easily mimic low-t symptoms.

Although you are hitting a healthy TT 634.5 ng/dL (22 nmol/L) what matters is where your SHBG level sits as it will have a significant impact on what your FT level is.

Men with what would be considered a robust TT can still have a lowish/low FT due to high SHBG.

Unless your SHBG is very high then it is highly doubtful that your FT would be low with a TT 634 ng/dL.

I would look into this deeper before jumping to any conclusions let alone self-medicating.

Need to know your SHBG and where your FT level truly sits let alone make sure thyroid/adrenals are healthy.

madman

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Thank you in advance

Come again?

AnonSE

I’m in my late 20s and have been experiencing extremely low and decreasing sex drive the past 2 years, I’ve been feeling depressed and not gaining muscles the way I used to in my early 20s when working out (had a 3 year pause prior to returning, 5 months in now). My beard growth has not really been that great even though my siblings have great beards. I’m feeling tired more often and my memory is not the way it used to be.

Need to post labs?

TT, FT, SHBG, estradiol, prolactin, DHT, LH/FSH, DHEA, Thyroid panel, 4 point cortisol, PSA, CBC, CMP, lipids?

You only stated TT and LH.

If anything needs to know your SHBG and FT.

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of T responsible for the positive effects.

SHBG is critical as it will have a significant impact on your FT.

Keep in mind that dysfunction thyroid/adrenals can easily mimic low-t symptoms.

Although you are hitting a healthy TT 634.5 ng/dL (22 nmol/L) what matters is where your SHBG level sits as it will have a significant impact on what your FT level is.

Men with what would be considered a robust TT can still have a lowish/low FT due to high SHBG.

Unless your SHBG is very high then it is highly doubtful that your FT would be low with a TT 634 ng/dL.

I would look into this deeper before jumping to any conclusions let alone self-medicating.

Need to know your SHBG and where your FT level truly sits let alone make sure thyroid/adrenals are healthy.

Sorry, did not know the SHBG needed to be posted also (I’ve never found a forum that digs deep into the problems, just throwing around names on medications).

My SHBG is 41nmol/L, my test does not have any more results than those 3 parameters. Hence no information on thyroid/adrenals.

madman

Super Moderator
Sorry, did not know the SHBG needed to be posted also (I’ve never found a forum that digs deep into the problems, just throwing around names on medications).

My SHBG is 41nmol/L, my test does not have any more results than those 3 parameters. Hence no information on thyroid/adrenals.

Would definitely look into things deeper.

An SHBG 41 nmol/L is not absurdly high and with a TT 634 ng/dL your FT is most likely still in a healthy range although far from what would be considered optimal.

FT 5-10 ng/dL is considered low.

FT 16-31 ng/dL (top-end) is healthy.

Most men will do well with FT 20-30 ng/dL.

Some may choose to run higher levels.

Yes, some men will still feel great with a FT 16 ng/dL.

Comes down to the individual.

Unfortunately, the only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Seeing as you live in Sweden then you may not have access to such.

I would not rely upon the piss poor direct immunoassays which are known to be inaccurate let alone the older outdated cFTV when testing FT especially in cases of altered SHBG!

If anything I would test thyroid/adrenals let alone sees if you can have your FT tested using an accurate assay (ED or UF) before jumping on the I have low-T bandwagon.

StepbyStep

With all due respect, I wouldn't even consider TRT, Clomid or HCG if I had your test levels. I'm 30 but started TRT back when I was 26. My TT was around 260 ng/dL (9 nmol/L).

The guys here are correct in that free T is what really matters. I'd want to know what your bloods look like there before even considering anything.

There are so many other things to look into, diet, sleep, thyroid, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, current medications, ect. If you're lacking in some of those area's then that could be your problem, and you might even see an increase in testosterone levels if you correct them.

EDIT: What time of day did you get your blood tests done? I believe your LH, FSH and Test levels will be the highest first thing in the morning.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me