Man Up! - Needle Phobia

Buy Lab Tests Online

Michael30331

As someone that is relatively new to TRT I have appreciated reading everyone's post and thought I'd contribute part of my experience. I have been on TRT a little over three months. I was originally diagnosed by my primary physician during a routine physical. I'm 45 was at 270ng. He prescribed me 200mg every 14 days, administered in his office.

As a person who had a crazy fear of needles the first injection was daunting, but I quickly figured out that it was almost painless and after 3 months it became routine with very little anxiety before hand.

After doing further research and no flexibility by my primary physician I decided to get a consult with Defy, where after reviewing my labs Dr. C increased my dose to 160mg every 7 days and HCG twice a week. I thought - I can do this.

Wednesday was my first injection of HCG. After five minutes of trembling hands and sweating, I was finally able to administer the injection in my stomach fat with the small insulin needle. It was ridiculously easy and painless and I chuckled at myself about how worked up I had been.

This morning was my first self administered T shot. Bigger syringe, bigger needle (25Ga 5/8"). I targeted my upper thigh and broke out in to cold sweats. This was a fifteen minute ordeal of playing chicken with myself until I finally jabbed that @#%$&%$ thing into my leg. Again, it was absolutely painless and so easy.

I can't imagine what trauma I must have had in my childhood that caused this irrational fear, but for those of you that are in the position that I was - just not being able to picture yourself doing self-injections. It really is as painless and simple as advertised.

I'm sure that next week I'll still have some reservation, but I'm not confident that i can do it. Good luck all.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

You do know you can also use the insulin syringes you use for HCG for your T shots as well, right? Many if not most of us on the forum use insulin syringes for everything.

Fireproof

Welcome and congrats! That's awesome to get past those fears.

As mentioned above - you should try a smaller needle for your Test injections. I started with a 29g which is ridiculously small and couldn't even feel it going in. It does take a bit of time to draw up into the syringe due to the thicker oil. It's for that reason, I'm actually going UP a bit in size to a 27g. Faster to load, but I'm sure I still won't be able to feel it.

CSI007

I feel for you. I hate needles. I am still unable to jab myself for the HCG. My wife has been kind enough to do it so far. Maybe this week I will work up the courage to do it.

Fireproof

Funny, the syringe part is the part of TRT that makes me feel most manly. Lol.

Lol - that's pretty funny. I have to admit - I do kind of enjoy it. Maybe it's the novelty of it since I just started self-injecting and it will get old over time. But I really don't mind it at all.

PAUL-E

you get used to it.
IT used to take me 30-40 min, now it take less than 10.
I don't like needles either but you will find the better you start feeling the more you look forward to it

BeeGee

Lol - that's pretty funny. I have to admit - I do kind of enjoy it. Maybe it's the novelty of it since I just started self-injecting and it will get old over time. But I really don't mind it at all.

Lol! At the risk of sounding weird, it's the part I enjoy too. No pain, no gain!

shan1784

I inject at home as well, well my wife does it for me who is an RN, and currently use a 23g 1/1/2" into the hip. She always comments on how hard it is to push through that 23 gauge needle. How do you guys push (or draw) through a 29g or whatever an insulin needle is?

CoastWatcher

I inject at home as well, well my wife does it for me who is an RN, and currently use a 23g 1/1/2" into the hip. She always comments on how hard it is to push through that 23 gauge needle. How do you guys push (or draw) through a 29g or whatever an insulin needle is?

Budget a bit of time, use a bit of patience, and just let gravity eventually take control. I inject every day and profile a week's worth of needles on Saturday morning.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me