Low Thyroid T4 on TRT Therapy

Buy Lab Tests Online

superboy

Hi

I would like some advice or help please

I recently went for a Full Endocrine Test to find out that my Thyroid (t4) was on the lower side

Now im wondering if this could be due to my 6 months of TRT Therapy shutting down the Pituitary and Hypothalamus ?

Or could it be my slightly lower estriadial levels from Arimidex 0.5mg a week?

Could it be possibly some mineral/vitamin deficiency such as Selenium, Iodine, Vit A etc..

Could it be eating to much Crucifeous Raw Veg

Im really worried and want to try sought this out before having to take thyroid meds as a last resort

so anyone's advice and help would be gladly appreciated

Thanks ever so much

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Can you post all your lab work, with ranges? Any older results, that might indicate a trend, would be valuable as well. Finally, what is your current protocol and how long have you been following it?

superboy

Can you post all your lab work, with ranges? Any older results, that might indicate a trend, would be valuable as well. Finally, what is your current protocol and how long have you been following it?

I can bout our South African readings read different to the American decimals

everything was fine, perfect and normal

from homocestine
inflammatory markers
testosterone
Creatinine
Liver
Red and White Cells
Cholesterol Was Good

the only thing that was LOW was my T4 and slightly on the low side my estradiol

Ive started to take some Iodine and Selenium and a General Whole Multivitamin and ill repeat my thyroid in another 6-8 weeks and see where im at !!

for me its important to find the root cause

from homocestine
inflammatory markers
testosterone
Creatinine
Liver
Red and White Cells
Cholesterol Was Good

Ive started to take some Iodine and Selenium and a General Whole Multivitamin and ill repeat my thyroid in another 6-8 weeks and see where im at !!

I'm sorry but that just doesn't mean anything at all, Dr's often say everything is fine because it's "in range" on a test but we know "in range" to be often times less than optimal.

CoastWatcher

from homocestine
inflammatory markers
testosterone
Creatinine
Liver
Red and White Cells
Cholesterol Was Good

If you have ranges, and the units they are reported in we can - typically - make sense out of lab results. Without them, we're just guessing.

My Testosterone was at 700 and my SHGB was low

...you're not comprehending this. That's means nothing at all. Is "low", zero? Five? 10? maybe someone told you 30 is low. You're offering nothing to the conversation. We deal with lab tests and results. If you can't post those, there's a large barrier to trying to help you, and you've not even stated what your T4 tested at and the lab range. Or any other Thyroid labs.

superboy

...you're not comprehending this. That's means nothing at all. Is "low", zero? Five? 10? maybe someone told you 30 is low. You're offering nothing to the conversation. We deal with lab tests and results. If you can't post those, there's a large barrier to trying to help you, and you've not even stated what your T4 tested at and the lab range. Or any other Thyroid labs.

Thanks Vince

our readings in SA for a normal reading of t4 is usually 11-12

mine was sitting at around 7

i was previously dieting at about 2000 - 2200 calories in a deficit and only now after about the last 2/12 months ive increased my calories to around the 3200 - 3330 mark which ive done gradually.

and im still staying fairly lean

so im just trying to find the root cause

but ill get my report and send them to you

thanks very much

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Not to diminish your fixation on T4, but at the end of the day it's your Free T3 (protein unbound) that is making most the difference with metabolism, ATP, and TH activity at the cellular level.

T4 in essence is the reserves that converts to T3 -> FT3. T4 also converts to Reverse T3, which is equally important, and can be used as a marker to for reviewing FT3 and proficiency thereof. Yes, T4 can effected with the supplements you mentioned, but usually in a positive way IF you're not converting T4 to T3 effectively, and other factors that can be relevant to subclinical and overt hypothyroidism.

Regardless, you ABSOLUTELY cannot gauge or assess the state of your thyroid based on a T4 assay. If you have pooling problems with FT3 making it to the cells then tendencies will be that T4 will increase the RT3 conversion. Or, sometimes FT3 is working to the cells just fine, putting a higher demand on T4, but possibly the pituitary isn't responding adequately with increasing TSH to reflect this demand(?).

Anyhow, you can research all of this till your heart's content. In the meantime, look to get a NEW lab panel that would consist of Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, TSH, Antibodies (TPO and TgAb), and further labs with iron, ferritin, D3, electrolytes, and possibly into cortisol/adrenals if you're seeing FT3 issues and/or imbalances or ratio issues with FT3 and RT3. Let us know ...

superboy

Hi Chris

Thanks Really ever so much for the long definitive response

Your remarks make thorough sense

Ill do another Panel and check those tests thoroughly to see the root cause

what i have done in the meantime is take Vit D, Magnesium, Selenium, Iodine (very little), Trace Elements and Minerals and a Whole Multi and see where i go from there.

Im sure eventually it will come right

thanks again !!

Not to diminish your fixation on T4, but at the end of the day it's your Free T3 (protein unbound) that is making most the difference with metabolism, ATP, and TH activity at the cellular level.

T4 in essence is the reserves that converts to T3 -> FT3. T4 also converts to Reverse T3, which is equally important, and can be used as a marker to for reviewing FT3 and proficiency thereof. Yes, T4 can effected with the supplements you mentioned, but usually in a positive way IF you're not converting T4 to T3 effectively, and other factors that can be relevant to subclinical and overt hypothyroidism.

Regardless, you ABSOLUTELY cannot gauge or assess the state of your thyroid based on a T4 assay. If you have pooling problems with FT3 making it to the cells then tendencies will be that T4 will increase the RT3 conversion. Or, sometimes FT3 is working to the cells just fine, putting a higher demand on T4, but possibly the pituitary isn't responding adequately with increasing TSH to reflect this demand(?).

Anyhow, you can research all of this till your heart's content. In the meantime, look to get a NEW lab panel that would consist of Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, TSH, Antibodies (TPO and TgAb), and further labs with iron, ferritin, D3, electrolytes, and possibly into cortisol/adrenals if you're seeing FT3 issues and/or imbalances or ratio issues with FT3 and RT3. Let us know ...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me