Lifting After Donating Blood

Buy Lab Tests Online

Scott Myslinski

How long should I wait to lift after donating blood? I've read at least 24 hours, but some say your red blood and immune system can be impaired for up to a week or weeks.

I'm talking about a full-body, intense workout.

Thanks,
Davis

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Esq

I'm new to blood donation, but the first time I donated I tried to lift about 24 hours later (donation was mid-morning and I tried to lift early the next morning) and it was brutal. I was weak, fatigued, and ultimately gave up about half an hour in (usually my lifting sessions are an hour or a little more).
The second time I donated, I waited 48 hours and all was fine. So, based on my limited experience, I'd suggest taking 48 hours off post-donation.
I don't think there's any issue with lifting the day of a donation (before the donation). If anything, I would think it would make you more vascular for the donation.

Loki

I have always been fine the next day... Wouldn't hurt to wait a couple days or at least take it easy the next day...

Saul

I think it depends on how you feel and to make sure you don't faint. I have lifted the next morning and had a great work out and other times I feel flat for a couple days. If you are concerned, just take the next day off, or go light the next day.

Vince

Super Moderator
I work out the same day I donate blood, but I should say I haven't donated blood since February of last year. It is harder but the nice thing is I weigh less after donating, it makes pull-ups and leg raises easier.

Pringle

Lifting

Well that's a terrible bruise, it looks like they poke through your vein.

Yep. I donate every 6 weeks and this is the larger concern. I made this mistake lifting the same day and had major bruising with some bleeding. I find that I need to hydrate well and then lift 24 hours later works well for me.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me