Lean mass loss on GLP-1 receptor agonists: a downside of the “miracle drugs”

Buy Lab Tests Online

mcs

Has anyone done a DEXA scan before and during use of any GLP-1 agonists (semaglutide, tizepatide) to assess body composition?

In Peter Attia's recent blog, he eludes to the fact the GLP-1 agonists can cause loss of lean mass (in addition to fat loss), of particular concern in non-obese persons. The mechanism is simple: reduced appetite = less energy intake over time = both fat and muscle loss.

To counter the effects of GLP-1 meds:

Increase protein consumption via supps (i.e. whey protein. In the face of suppressed appetite, it will be easier to drink protein supplements and whey protein)
• Hormone optimization to increase protein synthesis (i.e. TRT)
• Resistance training

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

Thank you! When the body burns fat (i.e. - negative caloric balance), it also burns some lean tissue. Which is why no diet should exclude resistance training and a diet that includes higher protein. Most people who use this product are looking for the easy way out.

t_spacemonkey

I tried this shit months ago, 1 injection only and it is poison. IMO it is nearly impossible to workout properly at the gym on this due to weakness, maybe this is only some people like me not sure
also, I had 2 DEXA scans with the last 3 months. within 12 weeks I lost 8.6LB fat and gained 1.2LB lean mass. BF 30%->27.5%. regular TRT. protein at 2g/lb

mcs

I tried this shit months ago, 1 injection only and it is poison. IMO it is nearly impossible to workout properly at the gym on this due to weakness, maybe this is only some people like me not sure
also, I had 2 DEXA scans with the last 3 months. within 12 weeks I lost 8.6LB fat and gained 1.2LB lean mass. BF 30%->27.5%. regular TRT. protein at 2g/lb
Which one did you try? From your DEXA scan, it sounds like it did its job.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me