Labs before clomiphene, during, and after cessation. Still searching for Free T increase.

Buy Lab Tests Online

txmx

8/2012 Partial labs before clomiphene monotherapy: TotT-336, LH-3.9, SHBG-41, FreeT-8.2

1/2013 Partial labs during clomiphene monotherapy: TotT-757, LH-4.9, SHBG-74, FreeT-10.5

6/2014 Partial labs after 5 months off clomiphene: TotT-523, LH-5.1, SHBG-55, FreeT-8.3
(but taking measures to increase LH naturally via ginger powder and light therapy)

Questions:
If LH drives T, then why does most recent LH of 5.1 not result in TotT of 757 or even higher? This one has me absolutely stumped. My endo has no answer.

Why won't pesky SHBG decline enough to raise FreeT up to where it should be (15-20)? High E2 is not the issue. 6/30/14 E2 (not sensitive) was 28. SHBG decline from 74 to 55 probably due to going off of clomiphene, but really SHBG should be around 32 or so optimally. Boron at 10mg/day may push SHBG down (that was my 41 SHBG from 8/2012), but it also lowers E2 dramatically, in my case down to 12 on 8/2012 labs.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

paco

My understanding is that LH is pulsatile. In other words, you don't know where you are going to catch "the wave" of LH pulses. When I was on clomiphene monotherapy, even though it increased my testosterone significantly, several blood tests of LH always showed LH to be very low. The only explanation for this is that we were always measuring while LH was in a trough rather than a peak.

txmx

Would like to see FreeT doubled to 15-16 ideally. Why? 57 years old, diagnosed with osteoporosis. Low libido compared to 4 years ago (still had same libido then as in 20s-40s). Low motivation, less emotional by far. Extended refractory period of usually 48 hours instead of 12-24 hours. With clomiphene, got the raw TotT number up just fine, but no subjective benefits and FreeT still low. I basically feel the same at all the TotT levels listed, even about the same as when I very first got tested and came in at 259 TotT. So, it seems to me that FreeT is the issue and SHBG is the roadblock, as well as getting TotT up more. I would guess TotT at 750 and FreeT at 15 (2%), but not via clomiphene, would do it. Still trying to figure out a way to do this naturally without exogenous T, as testes appear to still be working ok.

jger242

You might try nettle root extract. It has been shown to lower shbg and thereby increase free t. Just v add one e supplement at a time and give it 30-45 days to gauge its affects. It works for me.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
It could also be a case of vitamin D deficiency. How does your enzyme labs look (ALT, AST)? Also make sure your thyroid is in order, along with diet & other supplements (selenium, krill oil, & D-3 as I noted).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me