Is the feeling of "well being" on TRT, dosage dependent?

Buy Lab Tests Online

rayrock1

I've been on TRT FOR 6 weeks. 100mg Test Cypionate per week, injecting 50mg twice a week. e3.5d

My trough day Total Testosterone level was:524, free Testosterone 7.91. E2 was 15.6. when I started my Total testosterone was only 215.

My question is whether the feeling of well being is dosage dependent.The testosterone has helped level me more emotionally but a day before my next injection and the day of my next injection I find I am, more emotional and down trodden.
Would bringing my Test. trough levels to 800-900 range make a difference?
or is it, if your prone to getting into depressive moods, it will always be there so to speak?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Your post-injection peak serum testosterone may already be in the 700s ng/dL. A dose increase such as you're proposing would send peak levels into supraphysiological territory, increasing the risk of side effects. Instead, if variability is the issue then you might try switching to injecting three times a week or every other day, while maintaining at ~100 mg/week.

DS3

I've been on TRT FOR 6 weeks. 100mg Test Cypionate per week, injecting 50mg twice a week. e3.5d

My trough day Total Testosterone level was:524, free Testosterone 7.91. E2 was 15.6. when I started my Total testosterone was only 215.

My question is whether the feeling of well being is dosage dependent.The testosterone has helped level me more emotionally but a day before my next injection and the day of my next injection I find I am, more emotional and down trodden.
or is it, if your prone to getting into depressive moods, it will always be there so to speak?
For me, 800-1100 is where I feel best emotionally. Lower T levels and I feel more emotional and less ‘manly’.

Systemlord

The testosterone has helped level me more emotionally but a day before my next injection and the day of my next injection I find I am, more emotional and down trodden.

Your issue might be a matter of injection frequency and may not be about where your levels sit. Regardless of my dosage and trough levels, every 3rd day after an injection I feel the effects of TRT wearing off, but felt the same the first two days.

Switching to a daily or EOD protocol fixed all of these issues.

Vince

Super Moderator
How much test do you use to match this level?
What is your protocol? For me to get those levels, I need to inject 70 mg of testosterone cypionate twice weekly and 500 iu of hcg twice weekly. Of course it’s different from person to person.

DS3

I agree with the other responses discussing dosing frequency. Dosage does play a role but frequency has also played a major role in how I feel. I do ED propionate shots and it’s the best protocol I have found (for me).

TucsonJJ

What is your protocol? For me to get those levels, I need to inject 70 mg of testosterone cypionate twice weekly and 500 iu of hcg twice weekly. Of course it’s different from person to person.
5 week newbie here... does HCG preclude the need for an AI? My nipples were getting very sensitive before I started on TRT... better now but still sensitive... don't have labs again for a while... starting estradiol was 39...
BTW: My Free T already is rising... from 5.2ng to 11.5... on the way to 20ish, I hope... thx!

Ardoc2

5 week newbie here... does HCG preclude the need for an AI? My nipples were getting very sensitive before I started on TRT... better now but still sensitive... don't have labs again for a while... starting estradiol was 39...
BTW: My Free T already is rising... from 5.2ng to 11.5... on the way to 20ish, I hope... thx!

HCG would increase the chances that you would need an AI assuming you keep your T dose the same but each person is unique. Some say HCG disproportionately increases estrodiol.

Vince

Super Moderator
Looks like you will have estradiol issues. It would be nice if you waited until you do labs, to make sure you need an AI.

TucsonJJ

HCG would increase the chances that you would need an AI assuming you keep your T dose the same but each person is unique. Some say HCG disproportionately increases estrodiol.
Ah... but the benefits of HCG...?? Aside from increasing "clackers" size? I do not care about fertility issues... being almost 64... thx!

TucsonJJ

Looks like you will have estradiol issues. It would be nice if you waited until you do labs, to make sure you need an AI.
Sound advice... is there a rough estimate as to estradiol levels that would require an AI... or would continued nipple sensitivity be sufficient?
Any opinion on wethere a small amount of grass nightly would mess everything up? How about that small glass of red wine? thanks!

DS3

Sound advice... is there a rough estimate as to estradiol levels that would require an AI... or would continued nipple sensitivity be sufficient?
Any opinion on wethere a small amount of grass nightly would mess everything up? How about that small glass of red wine? thanks!
Dr. Ramasamy, who has done numerous videos with Nelson, said he treats estrogen in his patients when they reach either 60 or 70 pg/mL (I can't remember which one). @Nelson Vergel is a very strong proponent of abstaining from AI use, so he may have a word of advice.

TucsonJJ

Ah... I have heard that from other experienced guys... I myself had a bad experience when I tried TRT before... by UroDoc at the time prescribed 1mg/week and it was way too much... made me feel really bad... I've read here that Aromasin small dose is far better tolerated... I will avoid if possible... some think that Boron reduces e2... might give it a try before asking for small does AI, if needed at all... which is probable, as my e2 was 39 before TRT and nipples were very sensitive...

TucsonJJ

labs back... my estradiol was 17... sort of unbelievable... could it drop from 39 to 17 on one dose .125 anastrozole? I did take 1mg/wk for one week, then .25 2X/week, but that was first try, over 6 weeks before starting 2nd try...
I have been sporadically taking 7-Methoxyflavone 300mg... supposedly a good "natural" AI...
Hope it stays at 17... but nipples still a bit sensitive... hmmmm...

Vince

Super Moderator
Just being on TRT can cause increased nipple sensitivity, may have nothing to do with estrogen levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me