Is Clomid Temporary?

Buy Lab Tests Online

balata1

Short story - I have Low T and eventually was prescribed Clomid (low dose) by my Dr. (secondary hypogodism). He gave me a 2 month supply and said take it for 4 weeks - stop for 5 days - take it again for 4 weeks and then stop. Then come back to see him.

He is trying to see if my Pituitary Gland will wake up and start signaling the testes to make T.

Has anyone had luck with this approach whereby you take it for a short time and then retest T levels to see if they come back to a normal range naturally (after a jump start) - and then found that they no longer needed Clomid because T levels came back on its own?...OR does the above method seem to be a stretch?

oh, when I asked him what do we do if this does not work he said that we would take an MRI of the Pituitary..

thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Short story - I have Low T and eventually was prescribed Clomid (low dose) by my Dr. (secondary hypogodism). He gave me a 2 month supply and said take it for 4 weeks - stop for 5 days - take it again for 4 weeks and then stop. Then come back to see him.

He is trying to see if my Pituitary Gland will wake up and start signaling the testes to make T.

Has anyone had luck with this approach whereby you take it for a short time and then retest T levels to see if they come back to a normal range naturally (after a jump start) - and then found that they no longer needed Clomid because T levels came back on its own?...OR does the above method seem to be a stretch?

oh, when I asked him what do we do if this does not work he said that we would take an MRI of the Pituitary..

thanks
It's definitely worth a try, it does work for some men.

CoastWatcher

You would benefit from spending time reading the "sticky" posts in this folder.

As to whether Clomid will work for you, we can't say. So many factors come into play: age, how long you've been hypogonadal, your current (presenting lab values), other health challenges you might face.

What are the details of your protocol? Did your doctor discuss estradiol control?

balata1

In my reading I don't really see an example of someone taking Clomid for only 2 months and then have normal pituitary functionality afterwards. So clomid is long term or can a short term usage wake up the pituitary to prodcue T on its own?

fifty

Short term usage worked for me in the past. My T went way up on clomid then after I stopped my T levels were lower than when on clomid but still significantly higher than my baseline.

Gman86

Short term usage worked for me in the past. My T went way up on clomid then after I stopped my T levels were lower than when on clomid but still significantly higher than my baseline.

And your levels stayed elevated? This is the first I am hearing of clomid doing this ever. What was the reason your T was low in the first place? And how long after stopping clomid did you wait to get those labs done?

fifty

Back in 06 after having been on finasteride. Total t was 364 and shbg was high as usual. Lh was 1.9. Dr. Crisler put me on clomid armidex nolvadex protocol for maybe 1-2 months. For 10 years after all that my T stayed in the 500-600 ranges.

Gman86

Back in 06 after having been on finasteride. Total t was 364 and shbg was high as usual. Lh was 1.9. Dr. Crisler put me on clomid armidex nolvadex protocol for maybe 1-2 months. For 10 years after all that my T stayed in the 500-600 ranges.

Oh ok, this makes more sense now. So do you think finasteride could of been effecting your testosterone levels, and then all clomid did was help bring your levels back to your original baseline?

Gman86

I think clomid got my lh from the 1.x range to 5+ even after cessation.

You could be right. An LH in the 1’s is extremely low, and I personally think it was suppressed for some reason, and most likely would of eventually came up on its own once the cause for suppression was removed, but Clomid could of definitely cured your low LH. I’m open to either being the case. But throughout all my research on Clomid, this is the first story I’ve heard that Clomid had any effect on testosterone levels after cessation. And I’ve done an insane amount of research on Clomid. But like I said, it’s definitely a possibility that Clomid had a permanent effect in your LH level. Based on my research, and all the anectodal stories I’ve read, I just tend to think that you would of returned to baseline eventually without clomid.

balata1

thanks...has anyone ever seen whereby Clomid DID NOT raise T-levels after taking for 2 months?...the reason that I ask is because my Dr. says the next step would be to take an MRI of the pituitary (I guess to see if its physically damaged?)...has anyone heard of this as a next step ?? -I'm trying to see the value in having an MRI..

Ronnny

thanks...has anyone ever seen whereby Clomid DID NOT raise T-levels after taking for 2 months?...the reason that I ask is because my Dr. says the next step would be to take an MRI of the pituitary (I guess to see if its physically damaged?)...has anyone heard of this as a next step ?? -I'm trying to see the value in having an MRI..
MRI is usually done to check if you have any pituitary tumor. Pituitary tumor causes elevated high Prolactin level. High Prolactin drives down testosterone level.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me