In Home Testing

Buy Lab Tests Online

Craig74

I'm sure it is technically challenging and prohibitively expensive, but I wish there was a cost effective machine that could test TT, FT, and/or E2 at home. You can get a hematocrit testing machine for about $150 on Amazon. Obviously glucose testing. I would think the market for at-home T testing would be huge.

I know private testing is readily available in the US so it might be less of an issue for Americans. But up here in Canada the options are more limited.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I'm sure it is technically challenging and prohibitively expensive, but I wish there was a cost effective machine that could test TT, FT, and/or E2 at home. You can get a hematocrit testing machine for about $150 on Amazon. Obviously glucose testing. I would think the market for at-home T testing would be huge.

I know private testing is readily available in the US so it might be less of an issue for Americans. But up here in Canada the options are more limited.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to settle for having blood work done through your GP/endo/uro.

Most would have you get blood work done twice yearly (every 6 months) which will include TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG, CBC (which includes RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit), and PSA.

Mind you many do not even test for SHBG let alone estradiol.

You can ask for DHT and prolactin if need be.

Although TT will most likely be tested using the most accurate assay (LC/MS-MS) when it comes to estradiol it will be a given that the standard assay is used unless you live in the province of Ontario where Dynacare offers the sensitive assay (LC/MS-MS).

Top it off that as I stated in your previous thread:

Your FT was most likely done using the linear law-of-mass action cFTV as the piss poor direct immunoassay is no longer used and access to the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration is not readily available to everyone.

The major labs in Canada are way behind when it comes to using the most accurate assays for FT and estradiol.

Some doctors do not even test FT due to inaccurate testing methods!

At least your blood work should be covered by your provincial insurance plan.

madman

Super Moderator
Just curious... when you say "piss poor" are we talking plus or minus 200 range? If I measured 1200, how much could it be off by?

The direct immunoassay is inaccurate.

You can get a rough idea by using one of the calculated FT methods available online (cFTV/cFTZ).

Mind you there can be an extreme difference between the two especially in cases of altered SHBG.

As I stated earlier in Canada they mainly rely upon the older outdated linear law-of-mass action cFTV as the direct immunoassay is no longer used.

Unfortunately, the only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Access to the most accurate assays ED or UF is only available to some.

Depending on your treating physician and where blood work is done as only certain labs would offer such testing methods.

*It is currently limited to mainly reference laboratories but serves as the standard in all investigational studies of testosterone measurement.

Either way, seeing as on your most recent labs posted in a previous thread with a very high trough TT 1300s ng/dL and SHBG 33 nmol/L (normal) you can rest assured that your trough FT will most likely be absurdly high (40-50 ng/dL).

A FT 5-10 ng/dL would be considered low.

FT 16-31 ng/dL (high-end) is considered healthy.

Most men on trt will do well having FT in the 20-30 ng/dL range.

Your trough FT will easily be well over 30 ng/dL!

madman

Super Moderator

Vince is injecting daily hitting a TT 1300s ng/dL with a highish SHBG 48.2 nmol/L and as you can clearly see hit FT is absurdly high 47.9 ng/dL.

His FT was tested using one of the most accurate assays Equilibrium Ultrafiltration.

You are injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) and are hitting a very high trough TT 1300s ng/dL and more importantly, your SHBG is even lower 33 nmol/L than Vinces which would have your trough FT level absurdly high.

madman

Super Moderator
Most men with highish/high SHBG can easily hit a high-end let alone absurdly high FT level with a TT 1000-1200 ng/dL.

Many are running FT levels much higher than they think due to using/relying upon inaccurate testing methods let alone lack the understanding of T:SHBG binding.

Most would have you believe that a ridiculous TT 1500-2000 ng/dL would be needed in order to achieve a healthy FT level due to highish/high SHBG so they say.....LMFAO!

Many of these same men are struggling with such protocol due to running absurdly high FT levels.

As I have stated numerous times where your FT trough level truly sits is critical and the only way to know such is to have it tested using the most accurate assays.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me