I'm starting TRT without a doctor, here's my plan.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mike9876

So in my country, Australia, TRT is only possible through a doctor if you have very low T for your age. I've had a blood test and my T is lowish, but nowhere near low enough to get TRT. So I've decided to do it myself. I'm planning to use the following protocol to start with:

100mg Test Cyp (divided into 2 injections per week) subq
500mg HCG twice a week (1000mg total) subq

And I will have Arimidex on hand if I start getting symptoms.

How does this all sound?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
After you start on your protocol are you going to have labs. Especially CBC labs, High HCT can be very dangerous. Doing this without a good doctor doesn't sound like a good idea.

madman

Super Moderator
So in my country, Australia, TRT is only possible through a doctor if you have very low T for your age. I've had a blood test and my T is lowish, but nowhere near low enough to get TRT. So I've decided to do it myself. I'm planning to use the following protocol to start with:

100mg Test Cyp (divided into 2 injections per week) subq
500mg HCG twice a week (1000mg total) subq

And I will have Arimidex on hand if I start getting symptoms.

How does this all sound?

Do you have lab work for total t, free t, estradiol (sensitive assay).....do not think it is available there?, shbg, prolactin, dhea, vitamin d, LH/FSH, cbc panel which will include hemoglobin/hematocrit, TSH as these tests are critical.

You say your testosterone is lowish as in how low and what symptoms have you been experiencing?

Also one blood test is not enough as a few taken on different days would be better and it needs to be done fasted between 8-10 am. Testing total t which most do will not tell you everything as knowing where your free t levels are is important as well as other blood markers.

I would not jump into this blind on your own without proper labs and understanding what you may be getting into.

Mike9876

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I did the blood test around 10am and I hadn't eaten or drank anything since the night before. My results were as follows.

Testosterone 8.4nmol/L
Free Test 191.5pmol/L
Oestradiol 97pmol/L
FSH 9IU/L
LH 4.4IU/L
SHBG 20nmol/L

I was planning to have another blood test around 12 weeks after starting. And then periodically after that. I was also going to get checked for HCT at the 12 week mark, and again periodically after that.

Last edited:

Systemlord

An SHBG level of 2nmol/L, is that a typo? You must have thyroid issues going on, where are those labs? TRT will not work with a score that low, I've never seen a reading that low before in my life.

TRT won't do anything for you if your SHBG is really that low. Your free T is already at 4.01%, 2-3% being normal.

Mike9876

Sorry, I made a typo on the SHBG value, it should be 20nmol/L

Now when you say my free test is 4.01%, I'm assuming that you mean free test as a percentage of total test. Or is it something else. Because I get my free test percentage to be 2.3%.

Also, when I got my blood test back, one of the comments was:

If you are concerned about your testosterone levels, you may wish to consider checking your thyroid function and adrenal function.

Now, is it actually realistically likely that there is any problem with my thyroid or adrenal function? Or is it more likely that my lower test levels and symptoms are just due to me getting older?​

Last edited:

Systemlord

Sorry, I made a typo on the SHBG value, it should be 20nmol/L

Now when you say my free test is 4.01%, I'm assuming that you mean free test as a percentage of total test. Or is it something else. Because I get my free test percentage to be 2.3%.

Also, when I got my blood test back, one of the comments was:

If you are concerned about your testosterone levels, you may wish to consider checking your thyroid function and adrenal function.

Now, is it actually realistically likely that there is any problem with my thyroid or adrenal function? Or is it more likely that my lower test levels and symptoms are just due to me getting older?​

You mention no symptoms and ask if it's just you getting older and no mention of your age. It sounds like you're ready to jump in feet first without proper testing, I don't believe you have thought this through. If you have symptoms that's another story, get a full thyroid panel and cortisol labs and go forward from there. It's not wise to do TRT on your own, you could make things worse for yourself down the road.

Your free T when SHBG and Total T are calculated is 2.51%, 2-3% is considered normal.

Mike9876

Thanks for your response. Sorry, I didn't realise I left my age out. I'm 45. My symptoms are that I just don't have as much energy and motivation as I used to, significantly so. Also, less sex drive. I still like to be active and play sport however my energy levels are affecting my enjoyment and ability to do this. I really have thought this through. I have been thinking about and looking into TRT for some time now, probably a year or more. That fact it's pretty much impossible to get here is the thing that has prevented me from trying to do something about this. I'm not going to be silly and rush in, and I definitely won't start actually doing anything until I'm 100% certain it's the right thing to do and that I've covered every aspect of what I need to do to be doing this properly.

Mike9876

I can order a thyroid test from the place I got the blood test. This test includes:TSH, FT4 & FT3. Is this sufficient or do I need more? Regarding cortisol, I may have to go to the doctor for that one as I can't find anywhere that does this test.

blitzen

Hi,
with a SHBG of 20 (lower end of the spectrum) more frequent injections might give you better results. Mine was 23 and the doc suggested M/W/F so in your case I would start M/W/F or EOD and adjust as needed after a few month

Systemlord

I can order a thyroid test from the place I got the blood test. This test includes:TSH, FT4 & FT3. Is this sufficient or do I need more? Regarding cortisol, I may have to go to the doctor for that one as I can't find anywhere that does this test.

To get a complete picture run FT3, RT3, FT4 and antibodies. You need to keep pushing for TRT, I've seen guys get it with similar numbers.

Mike9876

Ok, so I can get the advanced thyroid test which includes TSH, FT4, FT3 as well as antibodies TBOAb and TGAb. Would this be sufficient?

Also, I asked them about cortisol and they said they can add the serum cortisol test in as well. Is this all I need? Sorry about all the questions, I just want to get this right.

I might be way of the mark here, and probably am, but if my thyroid was under active, wouldn't my LH be low? I'm just guessing here and trying to understand all of this.

Also, thank you very much to everyone who is contributing. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Guided_by_Voices

Mike9876, A couple of ideas for you as your situation is somewhat similar to what mine was. If DHEA is available there OTC you might want to start with that as it is often used in conjunction with TRT and in some cases may relieve symptoms on its own. You might also want to start with a LOW dose of clomid such as 12.5mg every other day. I think the reason many do not thrive on clomid is that they start with too high of a dose. That said, I expect that the odds are low that it would work, but it might still be worth trying.
Also, regarding overall energy levels, while TRT has only been positive, for me going low-carb did as much as TRT for my energy levels so if you’re not sure you’re a fat-burner, that is something to look at as well, and if you are still a sugar burner TRT might be only a temporary solution if it helps at all. Just some thoughts, good luck

CoastWatcher

You asked about cortisol testing - specifically, the serum cortisol test. It's not the standard. Do you have access to the multi-point, saliva test used for cortisol levels? It's the one that gives the overall best picture.

Mike9876

Hi Guys

So I've now had another test to check Thyroid function, cortisol and DHEA. All levels came back in the normal range:

DHEA-S 8.1 umol/L Range 3-10
Cortisol 335 nmol/L Range 120-620
TSH 2.1 mIU/L Range 0.5-4
FT3 5 pmol/L Range 3.5-6
FT4 19 pmol/L Range 10-20
TGAb < 20 IU/ml Range <41
TPOAb 37 u/ml Range <60

So I guess my question is, where do I go from here? I did quite a bit of searching and youtube of DHEA. From what I saw, there seem to be a lot of people having really good results from taking this. Do you think it's worth a try for me?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me