I Need Some Help With Test Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

Relliott

Hello Everyone,

I am posting here to try and better understand what my test results are saying. Let me give you a little info about me.

Age - 32
Height - 6' 2
Weight - 205 lbs
No medications

For the past 3 years I have had symptoms as follows:

- Fatigue
- Weight Gain
- Muscle Weakness
- Sore Joints/Muscle Aches
- Swelling In Ankles
- Depressed
- Brain Fog

It was getting considerably worse and I couldn't take it anymore. I went to a clinic to get some tests done and here are the results

My first test:
Blood 1.png
Blood 2.png

I had just started back in the gym maybe 2-3 weeks before these tests and my liver enzymes were elevated because of muscle damage. I had my AST/ALT tested a week ago and they are coming back down (AST = 58, 5-34 & ALT = 96, 0-55).

I am concerned about my TSH and FT3 both being high. After finding out these results, I paid for for a lab to test my TSH again, it came back at 3.310 and I had the clinic test my FT3 again and it came back at 4.1 (2-3.95). I can't find much information about TSH and FT3 being elevated at the same time.

The doctor put me on Clomid 25mg every day to help kick start my test levels and I go back next week to take more tests and evaluate my options from that. What tests should I ask for?

Any insight you guys may have would be great, thanks for taking the time to help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I'd focus in on that Thyroid, a typical "good" reading is 1-1.5, in that range, above 2 and we get some concern that the Thyroid is working too hard. Your body is sensing it's low in one of the Thyroid hormones, T3 or T4, and the pituitary is sending the Thyroid massive signals to make more, that's the the TSH, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, tells us.
When you retest, get a FULL panel and select these tests individually if you have too:

TSH
T3
T4
Free T3
Reverse T3
Antibodies

Relliott

I'd focus in on that Thyroid, a typical "good" reading is 1-1.5, in that range, above 2 and we get some concern that the Thyroid is working too hard. Your body is sensing it's low in one of the Thyroid hormones, T3 or T4, and the pituitary is sending the Thyroid massive signals to make more, that's the the TSH, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, tells us.
When you retest, get a FULL panel and select these tests individually if you have too:

TSH
T3
T4
Free T3
Reverse T3
Antibodies

Will do, my biggest concern is my thyroid as well. I will definitely test all the ones you have listed for sure. Do you think I should be taking any tests for my adrenal glands, cortisol, vit-b12? Any tests I can take for my pituitary or do I need an MRI to check it?

I started taking Iodine and Selenium in my multi-vitamin, apparently the one I had before didn't have any same goes with iodized salt. I am also taking Vitamin D3 and Omega 3 supplementation.

CoastWatcher

It looks as if the incorrect estradiol test was run (based on reference ranges). You always want to measure with the "sensitive" test (LC, MS/MS). Have you had discussions with your doctor regarding these results?

Relliott

It looks as if the incorrect estradiol test was run (based on reference ranges). You always want to measure with the "sensitive" test (LC, MS/MS). Have you had discussions with your doctor regarding these results?

Hrmm, my other lab from labcorp uses the same reference ranges. Do you think a sensitive test would make any difference? Both of my E2 tests use around the same ranges and show approximately the same levels.

The doctor wanted to check cortisol and run a bunch of other tests. They asked me if I did drugs, shared needles, and if I had Hepatitis C. So, I thought maybe I should do a little bit of research before running all these crazy tests that I am paying out of pocket for. I want to know what's wrong with me too, but I am trying to save a little cash if I can.

CoastWatcher

Hrmm, my other lab from labcorp uses the same reference ranges. Do you think a sensitive test would make any difference? Both of my E2 tests use around the same ranges and show approximately the same levels.

The doctor wanted to check cortisol and run a bunch of other tests. They asked me if I did drugs, shared needles, and if I had Hepatitis C. So, I thought maybe I should do a little bit of research before running all these crazy tests that I am paying out of pocket for. I want to know what's wrong with me too, but I am trying to save a little cash if I can.

In the future, the estradiol test, sensitive is what you want to run. The test results you posted indicate it was the standard test, designed (and very accurate) for women, but erratic when measuring E2 levels in men. Just be sure your doctor orders the proper one going forward.

Which of the tests, specifically, are you wary of? The additional thyroid tests Vince Carter listed are necessary, and a 4-point cortisol test, not serum cortisol, is valuable. You have a very low SHBG level - keep that in mind if you start TRT and are designing your protocol.

Last edited:
When you look at E2 tests, not only LC/MS/MS as the test methodology, but you can be 100% certain its the wrong test if its "Estradiol". A men's test will have the worlds "Sensitive" or "UltraSensitive" listed with Estradiol.

Ty1on73

It wouldn't hurt to test your vitamin D as well. I saw that you are taking a supplement but It maybe nice to know if your within range. I was taking a multivitamin that I though had a decent daily % of vitamin D but my level was still really low. At my docs suggestions I now take Thera-D 4000 every other day which at get from:

https://www.theralogix.com/sp/theralogix-thera-d/

Relliott

Alright, will do with the E2. I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas where to look besides my thyroid. I can't seem to find much literature on high level THS and FT3. Some articles hint at adrenal problems or issues with rT3, but I guess I need to start with a full work up on my thyroid first. I am probably overthinking everything as I have had almost four weeks now to think about this. I will just wait until the other tests come back before worrying myself anymore.

Thanks for the help guys. I will be sure to update once more information is given.

Relliott

It wouldn't hurt to test your vitamin D as well. I saw that you are taking a supplement but It maybe nice to know if your within range. I was taking a multivitamin that I though had a decent daily % of vitamin D but my level was still really low. At my docs suggestions I now take Thera-D 4000 every other day which at get from:

https://www.theralogix.com/sp/theralogix-thera-d/

Thanks, I actually started taking 5000 IU every day after I got those tests results back and the doctor wanted to test my vit D levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me