I need Nutrition advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

PAUL-E

so I started this here https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?7455-Weight-loss-recomp-log
I am doing a low carb keto style diet and could use some advice on food selection.
this is what my current diet consist of
chicken
fish
beef
eggs
egg whites
whey
nuts/seeds(not too much because high calorie)
half an avocado a day
kale
collard greens
asparagus
bell peppers
carrots
celery
salad
lemon
garlic
onions
radishes
chia seed
organic extra virgin coconut oil
olive oil
small amount of ranch with tuna sometimes
grass feed Irish butter
1 to 1-1/2 gallon of water a day
organic bitter azzz cranberry juice
sea salt/pepper
turmeric
cinnamon
not a lot but some fruit apples, oranges, cherry's, plumbs and watermelon
I need help/suggestions with low carb/calorie sources for fiber and protein
any feedback even with current list would be appreciated Thanks

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

IntelligentLabs

Sounds like you've already got a lot of protein in there with the beef, fish, chicken and whey.

For fibre have you tried potato starch or plantain flour? They are both resistant starches and so good prebiotics, and as they are not absorbed into the body they won't knock you out of ketosis.

PAUL-E

Sounds like you've already got a lot of protein in there with the beef, fish, chicken and whey.

For fibre have you tried potato starch or plantain flour? They are both resistant starches and so good prebiotics, and as they are not absorbed into the body they won't knock you out of ketosis.
Thanks I'll look into that. To be honest I only been getting about .5 gram of protein per pound of LBM I need to bump it up.
everything else look ok to you?

PAUL-E

[h=2]found this seem like you need to eat Resistant Starchs with other types of fiber
How Resistant Starch Enhances Tumor Growth[/b]Now, for something a little more alarming. Several studies have demonstrated that, after exposure to a carcinogen, RS2 can actually enhance tumor growth (if it's not accompanied by other forms of dietary fiber). Yikes, right? One study using a rat model of colorectal cancer found that raw potato starch supplementation led to larger and more frequent tumors, compared to a low-resistant starch control diet. (After 20 weeks, 88% of the rats eating potato starch had tumors, compared to 74% of the rats on a control diet, and their tumor size averaged 191 mm[SUP]2[/SUP] compared to 87 mm[SUP]2[/SUP] on the control diet.) Here's the kicker though: when the rats were given potato starch plus wheat bran, those tumor-enhancing effects were suppressed (only 56% of the rats got tumors and the average tumor size was back down to 85 mm[SUP]2[/SUP]). In other words, a soluble fiber coupled with resistant starch seemed to counteract the increased tumorigenesis.
http://www.thepaleomom.com/2015/08/resistant-starch-its-not-all-sunshine-and-roses.html

davidrn

I would suggest two adjectives to add to your choices. 1."Grass fed" beef and pork are much healthier and will decrease GMO feed intake via the animal. Same for eggs, if you can't have backyard chickens, find a local source that doesn't use a Soy based feed. Also for fish add, 2."wild caught" farm raised conditions aren't appealing. I try and eat sardines at least twice a week. The smaller the fish, the less risk of heavy metal contamination.

IntelligentLabs

Wow, very interesting article.

The rest looks good to me, I'd just increase you Meat, Fish and Eggs intake to increase your protein intake. Calorie counting's not so important when you go to a high fat diet, it's getting through that period where you body is adjusting to fat as it's major source of energy and that can take a while.

After it does that (and high fat/ keto diets don't suit everyone) your appetite should adjust to what your body really needs, so you naturally won't overeat because your blood sugar stays pretty constant, at least that's the theory. :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me