How to get your doc to put you on testosterone: This is what worked for me

Buy Lab Tests Online

JupiterJazz

It took a while but, I finally got my testosterone paid for by my insurance. This is a framework for how I was able to get on testosterone and the doc to be ok with it. This post is for people who have legitimate needs for testosterone only.....

Doctors aren’t stupid
Most docs know that men want to get on testosterone
Most of the men who are on testosterone do not have medical necessity to be on it
Most men think testosterone is some quick fix cure all
If you have not done your part (reduced your stress, sleep, have a decent doctor) it is harder to get a doctor to write a script

Do your part (1)
If you have evidence to support your claims (previous labs, referrals, photos) it is good to have it as a discussion point
When meeting with your doctor have your thoughts organized and talk about what happened to you, not how it makes you feel.
You need to come off as general well adjusted, logical, pragmatic but have enough symptoms of concern that if the doc does not write you a script, things could go really bad

Docs have stuff to do too
There are labs and questions that they need to ask you
There is no getting around it
This is how they get paid and cover their asses
Acting too impatient shows them that you are not adjusted, logical or pragmatic
It may also imply that you are only trying to get a quick fix (see docs aren’t stupid)

Stuff to say (this is what I said to my doc) (Me as a 29 year old male) (I was telling the truth the whole time)
“ Last year, I had gynocamastia surgery to remove b cup breasts” ( show the scars and the pics)
The surgeon took some labs (show the labs) and said that my breasts formed due to having such low testosterone
This may also explain why I haven’t been able to have a hard enough erection. When I do get erections, they are very weak and last a minute at best.
Because of this, at 29 years old, I have yet to have sex and its negatively effecting my relationship
Furthermore, I have been gaining all of this weight.
I have a trainer, I work out x days a week
I have a physio and a nutritionist (show the evidence of your meal plan) and I just keep gaining weight.
All of this weight is making me get injured more and my tennis has failed because of it. “
“What are my options?”

Do not say things in such a way that implies:
You used to be on steroids
You just really want to be on testosterone
You want to “try” being on testosterone
That somehow testosterone will fix your problems immediately
That you will fire the doctor if they do not comply
That you are insecure, not pragmatic, or desperate

Please note
A doctor does not care about what you used to be able to do when you were younger.
The low energy statement is bullshit. Take your ass to bed.

Another approach
Go to a men’s clinic
Go through the procedure to get on testosterone prescription
Make sure the prescription has your name on it
Go to a new doctor and have the prescription added to your chart
It’s usually easier to get a script continued than started
You may still be required to do additional labs and such

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GeauxBears

If you are symptomatic, have labs that substantiate those symptoms, and have a physician who is knowledgable and comfortable with TRT, you should have no problem.

The key is finding a physician who has the knowledge and willingness to address the problems.

It's really that simple.

busa2009

Total good points. But disagree hugely on the fact of taking your ass to bed = more energy. Your psychological Aspect on how you view things has a profound affect upon your energy. And we all know hormone levels plays a profound affect from a psychological stand point. Yes we do need to be dieting and trying to get into REM state sleep as much as possible. But to say it's bull shit nah

JupiterJazz

Yes. But if you disclose to your doctor that you sleep an incredibly short period of time, you are gumming up the works. They may try to put you on a sleep schedule or side step. Your job is to make sure that they don't think your issues are related to sleep.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me