How long until increased dosage kicks in?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Salamanca

Hello. I've been on trt 100mg per week total split into mon, wed, Fri injections. Just increased dose to 120mg this week in hopes I feel better. I'd prefer to stay at 100mg but how long should I run 120mg per week to see if this helps me feel better? Thanks in advance! My most recent bloodwork was posted on my previous post.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Salamanca

It's difficult to say because everyone responds to TRT differently. It could take weeks or months to feel better.

TRT is a marathon, not a sprint.
Understood. I started trt December 30th of 2020. I wanted to try and increase dose because when I was on trt in 2014 I felt much better within the first few weeks. I just don't want to be doing 120 mg any longer than I have to but obviously will continue with the 120mg if I notice a significant change in mood. I was wanting to give it a couple weeks but not sure if that would be long enough to notice any difference

Systemlord

I was wanting to give it a couple weeks
TRT doesn't work that quickly and you will likely be disappointed. The biggest problem I see is men are impatient not giving protocols enough time and keep changing the dosage all the time never really feeling good consistently.

Last edited:

JA Battle

I would lower the dose and get rid of the ai. With a testosterone in that range we would be looking to have your e2 in the 40-60 range. I have done 200 per week for a year. I now do 8.5 mg daily. I feel better on the 8.5.

it’s too hard to get e2 just right with an ai, it’s better to adjust testosterone dose to something frequent and within a normal range one naturally makes ina day (8-12mg of test enanthate or cypionate daily) The e2 is responsible for much of your libido.

I’ve also found that I don’t lose any muscle from doses in that range. I lose about 5-8lbs of water weight compared to 28mg daily. The body can only utilize so much testosterone.

Estrogen on the other hand helps muscle growth too. In fact, Olympic power lifters have very high estradiol and very average testosterone levels.

madman

Super Moderator
Understood. I started trt December 30th of 2020. I wanted to try and increase dose because when I was on trt in 2014 I felt much better within the first few weeks. I just don't want to be doing 120 mg any longer than I have to but obviously will continue with the 120mg if I notice a significant change in mood. I was wanting to give it a couple weeks but not sure if that would be long enough to notice any difference

If you are not willing to put in the time to give the protocol a fighting chance then you are setting yourself up for failure.

Patience is key when it comes to trt!

post #3

Keep in mind when looking over your most recent labs posted up on your previous thread that your trough TT 844 ng/dL is already on the higher end but more importantly, FT is on the high-end and may even be higher than you think as you did not have it tested using an accurate assay (ED or UF).

Not sure where your SHBG sits as it is critical to know and will have a significant impact on TT/FT level let alone dictate what injection frequency may suit you best.

If you have low/lowish SHBG with a TT 844 ng/dL then it is a given that your FT will be high!

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Do understand that going from 100--->120 mg/week is not only going to drive up your TT/FT/e2 levels but also increase your hemoglobin/hematocrit.

20 mg of esterified T will have a big impact.

I do 100mg of test weekly split into mon, wed, Fri injections. I take. .125mg of ai on mon, wed, Fri

Serum t is 844. Ref rage is 264-916
Free t is 21.2 ref rage is 6.8-21.05
Prolactin is 4.3 ref rage is 4.0-15.02
Sensitive E is 19.1 ref rage is 8-35

madman

Super Moderator
post #3

Overlooked let alone misunderstood by many!

26.What is a reasonable timeline to begin to observe improvements in the signs and symptoms of testosterone deficiency?

*Following the initiation of testosterone therapy, serum concentrations of testosterone are known to correct earlier than the symptomatic, structural, and metabolic signs associated with TD.76,77 As such, patients should be counseled that symptom response will not be immediate. Expectations for treatment response should be established with each patient. Patients can anticipate improvements in many of the common symptoms of TD (libido, energy levels, sexual function) after 3 months of treatment or longer. Metabolic and structural (body composition, muscle mass, bone density) changes may take upwards of 6-months. 77 In addition, patients should be counseled that diet and exercise in combination with testosterone therapy are recommended for body composition changes.

*Appreciating this pattern of response to testosterone therapy is fundamental when determining the impact of treatment and the appropriate timing of follow-up evaluations while on therapy. For example, if patients undergo a symptom review and measurement of testosterone levels too early (< 3 months), it may lead both physicians and patients to conclude that the treatment has not been impactful (i.e. normal levels of testosterone without symptomatic/structural/metabolic benefit). However, if the same assessment was scheduled 3-6 months after the initiation of therapy, the clinical response tends to be more reflective of normalized levels of serum testosterone.

madman

Super Moderator
For all the newbies!

*Following the initiation of testosterone therapy, serum concentrations of testosterone are known to correct earlier than the symptomatic, structural, and metabolic signs associated with TD.

Salamanca

If you are not willing to put in the time to give the protocol a fighting chance then you are setting yourself up for failure.

Patience is key when it comes to trt!

post #3

Keep in mind when looking over your most recent labs posted up on your previous thread that your trough TT 844 ng/dL is already on the higher end but more importantly, FT is on the high-end and may even be higher than you think as you did not have it tested using an accurate assay (ED or UF).

Not sure where your SHBG sits as it is critical to know and will have a significant impact on FT level let alone dictate what injection frequency may suit you best.

If you have low/lowish SHBG with a TT 844 ng/dL then it is a given that your FT will be high!

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Do understand that going from 100--->120 mg/week is not only going to drive up your TT/FT/e2 levels but also increase your hemoglobin/hematocrit.

20 mg of esterified T will have a big impact.

I do 100mg of test weekly split into mon, wed, Fri injections. I take. .125mg of ai on mon, wed, Fri

Serum t is 844. Ref rage is 264-916
Free t is 21.2 ref rage is 6.8-21.05
Prolactin is 4.3 ref rage is 4.0-15.02
Sensitive E is 19.1 ref rage is 8-35
Shbg is 39.2
Ref range is 16.5 - 55.9

madman

Super Moderator
Shbg is 39.2
Ref range is 16.5 - 55.9
I would not consider SHBG 39.2 nmol/L absurdly high!

With a trough TT 844 ng/dL and SHBG 39.2 nmol/L you would still be able to hit a higher-end FT.

You can easily switch over to injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) instead of the M/W/F protocol.

Comes down to what you feel is best.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching