How bad of an idea would it be to give my wife some T-cyp?

Buy Lab Tests Online

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
My wife's libido is even worse than mine. It's been like that ever since our daughter was born 4 years ago. She had a healthy libido before pregnancy and even throughout pregnancy, but giving birth was like flipping a switch that shut off the libido. She's 43 now and probably has low T, although we haven't tested yet.

How bad of an idea would it be for me to give her something like 4 mg of test cypionate twice a week as a trial to see if it does anything beneficial for her? From what I've read this should be a relatively conservative dose. I'm not opposed to getting her set up with a proper HRT clinic but I am reluctant to waste the time and money if she isn't going to respond well. Are there significant risks of virilization with a dose like this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

As menstrual cycle timing is crucial related to female hormone blood testing, most premenopausal women will find labs to be at their most accurate state at days 19-21 of their monthly cycle. This period is when they are at their peak production of progesterone. As alluded to before, progesterone will be lower during other points of the cycle to even seemingly nonexistent during the follicular stage.

testosterone women cycle.jpg

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
As menstrual cycle timing is crucial related to female hormone blood testing, most premenopausal women will find labs to be at their most accurate state at days 19-21 of their monthly cycle. This period is when they are at their peak production of progesterone. As alluded to before, progesterone will be lower during other points of the cycle to even seemingly nonexistent during the follicular stage.

Sorry for the dumb questions: what day marks the start of the cycle? Is the day their period beings day 1? Or what?

T

tareload

Sorry for the dumb questions: what day marks the start of the cycle? Is the day their period beings day 1? Or what?
Y

Each cycle occurs in phases based on events either in the ovary (ovarian cycle) or in the uterus (uterine cycle). The ovarian cycle consists of the follicular phase, ovulation, and the luteal phase; the uterine cycle consists of the menstrual, proliferative and secretory phases. Day one of the menstrual cycle is the first day of the period, which lasts for about five days. Around day fourteen, an egg is usually released from the ovary. Menarche (the onset of the first period) usually occurs around the age of twelve years

MarcoFL

My wife's libido is even worse than mine. It's been like that ever since our daughter was born 4 years ago. She had a healthy libido before pregnancy and even throughout pregnancy, but giving birth was like flipping a switch that shut off the libido. She's 43 now and probably has low T, although we haven't tested yet.

How bad of an idea would it be for me to give her something like 4 mg of test cypionate twice a week as a trial to see if it does anything beneficial for her? From what I've read this should be a relatively conservative dose. I'm not opposed to getting her set up with a proper HRT clinic but I am reluctant to waste the time and money if she isn't going to respond well. Are there significant risks of virilization with a dose like this?
get tested and see a doctor but my wife is on about 5mg per week split dose. I would not start any higher. She does have a healthy libido at age 58. If you go too high it is almost out of control libido but the side effects with it.

ed031561

My GF now 58 was once on test gel. It had a moderate beneficial effect. Stopped going to the doctor as it was too far and expensive. Then she went through menopause and it all shut down! Like a switch over night! She always had a good libido up to that point. One day I held her, not hard and heard a loud crack in her rib cage! Next day she was in pain and I told to go to her doctor and get checked for osteo. Came back positive but she didn't want to take the medicine that was approved for that. I told her test could help her bones. I did some research on dosages for women and came up with 15mg of test cyp/wk. She has been on this for over a year, feels good, built some muscle and the libido came roaring back! He labs are good. I told her I would like her to get a doctor to prescribe it for her but she wants me to continue. I will unless I see some bad labs.

Belekas

nobody
I'm very interested about this as well as my girl has issues too but since blood tests are so damn expensive and complicated to do where I'm at I won't bother for some time being but when the time is right I will def look deeper and try something out.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
We had my wife tested on Day 21 of her cycle:

Test

Result

Normal Range

Estradiol

207 pg/mL

56-214 pg/mL (Luteal Phase)

Progesterone

26.9 ng/mL

2.6-21.5 ng/mL (Luteal Phase)

SHBG

153 nmol/L

17-124 nmol/L

Total Testosterone

21 ng/dL

2-45 ng/dL

Free Testosterone (EqD)

1.0 pg/mL

0.1-6.4 pg/mL

Free Testosterone (calc)

1.2 pg/mL

DHT

8 ng/dL

<= 20 ng/dL

It seems that her estradiol is very good, progesterone is too high, her SHBG is very high, and her free testosterone is very low. I found a study which established reference ranges for free testosterone in healthy premenopausal women as follows:

Reference ranges for total, free, and bioavailable testosterone and SHBG were established using 5th and 95th percentiles. The estimated 5th and 95th percentiles for a 30-year-old woman were: testosterone, 15-46 ng/dL (520-1595 pmol/L); free testosterone, 1.2-6.4 pg/mL (4.16-22.2 pmol/L); calculated free testosterone, 1.3-5.6 pg/mL (4.5-19.4 pmol/L); bioavailable testosterone, 1.12-7.62 ng/dL (38.8-264.21 pmol/L); and SHBG 18-86 nmol/L.

Based on these results, we decided to start testosterone cypionate injections at a conservative dose of 3 mg every 4th day, which is 5.25 mg weekly. The idea is that we'll see if she likes the basic effects of TRT and then sign up with a clinic to fine tune things in the future. We just started this week (due for 2nd shot today) but I will be sure to report the effects as they appear.

klawler9

We had my wife tested on Day 21 of her cycle:

Test

Result

Normal Range

Estradiol

207 pg/mL

56-214 pg/mL (Luteal Phase)

Progesterone

26.9 ng/mL

2.6-21.5 ng/mL (Luteal Phase)

SHBG

153 nmol/L

17-124 nmol/L

Total Testosterone

21 ng/dL

2-45 ng/dL

Free Testosterone (EqD)

1.0 pg/mL

0.1-6.4 pg/mL

Free Testosterone (calc)

1.2 pg/mL

DHT

8 ng/dL

<= 20 ng/dL

It seems that her estradiol is very good, progesterone is too high, her SHBG is very high, and her free testosterone is very low. I found a study which established reference ranges for free testosterone in healthy premenopausal women as follows:

Based on these results, we decided to start testosterone cypionate injections at a conservative dose of 3 mg every 4th day, which is 5.25 mg weekly. The idea is that we'll see if she likes the basic effects of TRT and then sign up with a clinic to fine tune things in the future. We just started this week (due for 2nd shot today) but I will be sure to report the effects as they appear.
How is she doing on this protocol? Have you made any adjustments? How do you administer 5mg? Hard to measure that small of an amount isn’t it?

VacationMan

How is she doing on this protocol? Have you made any adjustments? How do you administer 5mg? Hard to measure that small of an amount isn’t it?
Depends on the concentration of the t.cyp in the vial. With 200mg/ml, yeah - going to be difficult to get that to measure out even in the tiniest insulin syringe. With 50mg/ml (common compounded dosing for women), 3 mg be a little easier to measure.

ed031561

My GF lost hers during menopause in her mid 50's. Doc had her own test gel before menopause but then she stopped because doc was too far away and expensive. Another doc put her on sublingual test which did absolutely nothing. She wanted me to try her on my test cyp. Looked up dosing information with women and came up with 15mg/wk. She has been on that for a couple of years with great results. libido and sensitivity is very good.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
My GF lost hers during menopause in her mid 50's. Doc had her own test gel before menopause but then she stopped because doc was too far away and expensive. Another doc put her on sublingual test which did absolutely nothing. She wanted me to try her on my test cyp. Looked up dosing information with women and came up with 15mg/wk. She has been on that for a couple of years with great results. libido and sensitivity is very good.
Is it testosterone monotherapy, or does she also take progesterone? Does she monitor endometrial thickness?

BigTex

Actually it maybe a great idea. Virilization is always possible with androgens. Usually the shortest acting androgen is best in case she doesn't side effects. Here is something I found years back on this subject.

1677686465521.png

I will add this, my wife is 60 and she has taken 10mg of test E per week and done fine. Right now she is using the test base topical at 10mg/d and doing well. Of course my wife is a former IFBB pro heavy weight BBer. She used far more than this in the past and not at all worried about virilization which has for the most part completely reversed since she stopped competing.

Attachments

• 1677686098612.png
    1677686098612.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones