How a choline nutrient affects our brain and nervous system?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

Many people are choline-deficient. Chris Masterjohn has written about this at chrismasterjohnphd.com . I use choline inositol which is apparently one of the few things that works against visceral fat.

Vince

Super Moderator
My doctor has prescribed a supplement that contains choline. Since he was not specific, I don’t know what effect it has on our bodies.
Do what I do, keep it simple. Just eat eggs.

Eggs are one of the best sources of choline, with 1 egg providing 147 mg. This means that eating just 2 eggs per day covers 54% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) ( 3 ).Apr 7, 2021
1694552866036.png

Healthline: Medical information and health advice you can trust. › foods-...

16 Foods That Are High in Choline - Healthline

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have been on 300 mg daily of choline for 3 months and love it. My problem solving capacity has increased dramatically.

seppuku

Reading this has just reminded me i've got a bag of DMAE (choline precursor) in my garage. Never realised (till i just read it) that DMAE is a free radical scavenger -

Gman86

Do what I do, keep it simple. Just eat eggs.

Eggs are one of the best sources of choline, with 1 egg providing 147 mg. This means that eating just 2 eggs per day covers 54% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) ( 3 ).Apr 7, 2021
View attachment 36739
Healthline: Medical information and health advice you can trust. › foods-...

16 Foods That Are High in Choline - Healthline

I pop raw egg yolks like multivitamins. 4 raw egg yolks every morning, and even 2 more raw egg yolks in my post workout shake 3x/ week. So 3 days per week I do 6 raw egg yolks total. This thread is making me want to pop more lol

Forty2

I have been on 300 mg daily of choline for 3 months and love it. My problem solving capacity has increased dramatically.

That's great! What brand of choline are you taking?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Choline causes depression for me, something to watch out for if you're vulnerable. That includes any sort of choline supplement including CDP-Choline, Alpha-GPC, basic choline, lecithin, etc. Even too many eggs, too many days in a row will do it for me.

This reaction is not terribly uncommon either, if you check out reddit and etc.

As early as 1950, clinical research observations suggested that increases in central acetylcholine (ACh) could lead to depressed mood1214. In the 1970s, this possibility was further elaborated as the adrenergic-cholinergic balance hypothesis of mania and depression15. As proposed by Janowsky et al. (1972), this hypothesis posited that depression involved a central predominance of acetylcholinergic to noradrenergic tone, while mania resulted from the converse15. This theory was then reformulated as the catecholaminergic-cholinergic balance hypothesis of mania and depression, which integrated more recent findings incorporating the role of dopamine, a neurotransmitter integral to the regulation of mood16.

Last edited:

Gman86

Choline causes depression for me, something to watch out for if you're vulnerable. That includes any sort of choline supplement including CDP-Choline, Alpha-GPC, basic choline, lecithin, etc. Even too many eggs, too many days in a row will do it for me.

This reaction is not terribly uncommon either, if you check out reddit and etc.

This is why I’ve gotten away from supplementing with compounds on their own. Everything works in a balance system within the body, so u always have to be careful of taking one thing in isolation, at high doses, due to it possibly causing an imbalance with other nutrients within the body. Plus, a lot of things have an inverse relationship within the body, such as taking too much vitamin E can deplete vitamin K, and vice versa. And taking vitamin D can deplete magnesium. And DHEA and cortisol have an inverse relationship, for a hormone example. So I try to get pretty much all my vitamins and minerals from food, due to Mother Nature usually having a great balance of nutrients within that specific food, in the proper doses. But with this eggs and depressed mood example, we can clearly create imbalances even with food. It’s just less likely to occur

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
So I try to get pretty much all my vitamins and minerals from food, due to Mother Nature usually having a great balance of nutrients within that specific food, in the proper doses. But with this eggs and depressed mood example, we can clearly create imbalances even with food. It’s just less likely to occur
In case anyone is curious, somewhere around 3+ eggs daily for about a week will do it. Happens faster and more dramatically with the acetylcholine-supporting supplements, but eggs will mess me up too when I make them a consistent staple.

From an ancestral / evolutionary perspective, there is no way we could have accessed so many bird eggs year-round pre-agriculture.

Gman86

In case anyone is curious, somewhere around 3+ eggs daily for about a week will do it. Happens faster and more dramatically with the acetylcholine-supporting supplements, but eggs will mess me up too when I make them a consistent staple.

From an ancestral / evolutionary perspective, there is no way we could have accessed so many bird eggs so consistently pre-agriculture.
I love thinking about things from an ancestral/ evolutionary perspective. So appreciate this perspective. And ur spot on as far as that perspective/ point goes. It’s really interesting how different we all are tho. Just because u can read countless anecdotes online of people doing carnivore/ an animal based diet and eating up to a dozen eggs every single day, and feeling great. So even tho too much choline can cause depressive symptoms in some, it’s definitely not the rule, and not sure if it’s even the majority tbh. Seems like most people tend to do better the more egg yolks they consume per day. Would love to see a legit study done on this tho, and see how the majority of people end up feeling the more choline from egg yolks they consume. I would assume for most people, there would be a point where they started to see diminishing returns, as far as benefits go, and then would start to see negative effects once imbalances started to rear their heads

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I love thinking about things from an ancestral/ evolutionary perspective. So appreciate this perspective. And ur spot on as far as that perspective/ point goes. It’s really interesting how different we all are tho. Just because u can read countless anecdotes online of people doing carnivore/ an animal based diet and eating up to a dozen eggs every single day, and feeling great. So even tho too much choline can cause depressive symptoms in some, it’s definitely not the rule, and not sure if it’s even the majority tbh. Seems like most people tend to do better the more egg yolks they consume per day. Would love to see a legit study done on this tho, and see how the majority of people end up feeling the more choline from egg yolks they consume. I would assume for most people, there would be a point where they started to see diminishing returns, as far as benefits go, and then would start to see negative effects once imbalances started to rear their heads
I agree that it is probably a minority of people who are affected in this way. Certainly there many happy people eating a ton of eggs out there. I also think people whose baseline mood is lower are more likely to notice the effect. For example, it is possible that overdosing on choline will take 2 points off your mood on a 1-10 scale, and it is just more noticeable when you go from 4 down to 2, than from 9 down to 7.

Gman86

I agree that it is probably a minority of people who are affected in this way. Certainly there many happy people eating a ton of eggs out there. I also think people whose baseline mood is lower are more likely to notice the effect. For example, it is possible that overdosing on choline will take 2 points off your mood on a 1-10 scale, and it is just more noticeable when you go from 4 down to 2, than from 9 down to 7.
Another great point. I think ur probably spot on about that. And some people are just way more in tune with themselves than others, and notice slight changes in mood and cognitive function, etc.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me