Hematocrit levels: what’s “high?”

Buy Lab Tests Online

sirgawain

Went today for my “every three months” blood “donation.” I was at 47. That doesn’t seem so high. When should I be worried?

I do 2x a week subq.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Went today for my “every three months” blood “donation.” I was at 47.
I wouldn’t donate with an HCT at 47, no reason for it, except to help others in need. Every three months, over the long term, you risk crushing your ferritin.

The ranges go up to 52%. I’ve had my HCT at 57% and no symptoms.

What’s high is relative, some men can’t handle anything 50%>.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Went today for my “every three months” blood “donation.” I was at 47. That doesn’t seem so high. When should I be worried?

I do 2x a week subq.
47% perfect. I would not have donated blood unless you want to. I would donate at 50% but yes just me. I haven't donated now for over 6 years.

L

loadtear

I do 2x a week subq.

For your educational pleasure.

All references to plasma viscosity on this site...

For your reference.

Dive into the details here:

t_spacemonkey

my used to go up to 54 or so. donated only so docs dont yell at me at appointments cause the numbers look bad on them
i feel absolutely no difference in regards to those numbers. will still donate before blood draws for the sake of bureaucracy. and helping people in need isn't a bad thing either.

Blackhawk

I agree that 47 is not a worry, not high enough to mandate phlebotomy,

i get symptomatic around 53, really feel it at 54, but I don't think though that waiting for symptoms to develop is a good plan. I try to keep it below 52, but my own case is messed up, complicated by things other than TRT. If my erythrocytosis was solely due to TRT I'd prefer to keep it below 50, and lower my testosterone dosage if possible to try to actually treat the cause, not just do phlebotomies as stopgap treatment of high HCT.

Also, in terms of donating blood, if you are able, and feeling altruistic, please do! I am alive because of transfusions, and the generosity of those who donate. Heartfelt thanks to all who do!

mooseman109

Mine stays 53-57. As high as 60 once. I can never tell with out labs, no symptoms. However, I was upper 40’s to 50 my entire adult life. So as already said, we are all different

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me