Helping a man at risk of suicide

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
It has been difficult for me to process the fact that Dr. Crisler took his own life. I struggled to share this but if we can prevent at least one of you from taking your own life, then this discussion is worth it. My sister committed suicide two years ago and I have not yet come to terms with it. It is such a stigmatized topic that few people want to discuss. All survivors of someone who kills him or herself will always wonder if they could have done something to prevent the person from taking their own life.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

broker

Im also sorry to hear that Nelson.
When it comes to suicide, many people say its just a selfish or cowardly act. No it isnt !!!
For someone to take their own life, they must be in such despair that they obviously arent thinking rationally. I myself have experienced some dark lows and its no picnic, especially when it lasts for a few weeks. You almost feel like an outsider and unable to relate to anyone.
Im not sure why this happens so much, i just think we are much more aware of what happens around the world because of the interenet.
My motto is this: “as long as you have options, you will be fine”.
Think about it; anytime you are in despair and feeling depressed, take a piece of paper and write down what your options are, what are a few solutions. List the issues you think you have on one side of the paper and then list possible solutions on the other side. Trust me, it works very well. Especially for temporary problems which most usually are.

MarkLA

I had a friend commit suicide in 2017 and feel/have thought the same way. I think if he had called me or I had called him how that day may have turned out differently. I empathize with you.

It seems like we focus a lot on our physical health - muscle, BF%, lipid numbers, longevity, etc.

It seems like mental health is almost an afterthought and it shouldn't be.

There's something not right in a society with this many people who want to end it themselves.

Ive sat in on too many suicide awareness briefs from all of my military service, and one thing that is ever present is that it's entirely normal to feel down, be depressed, or even think that the world would be better off without you.
The break point in that is it prolonged? Do you actually formulate a method and make a plan to carry it out? That point is where the crisis begins.
Too I've been taught to not ask because they tell you to ask directly, "are you thinking of killing yourself?"...ask it differently as few people want to die, they want the pain to stop. So when you ask "Are you going to hurt yourself", you can get a more open to help kind of response.

Too be aware of those that seem to be giving away important material things. This is a sign of a plan having been developed.

Lastly, Be keenly aware of someone that has been depressed that is suddenly feeling better or acting better or more tranquil. This is a serious red flag in that the tranquility is achieved because the decision has been made, a plan made, and they feel "better" because they have their way out. Note how many post-suicides where friends and family report that everything was fine with the person in the days and week leading up to the act.

JerryMc

It has been difficult for me to process the fact that Dr. Crisler took his own life. I struggled to share this but if we can prevent at least one of you from taking your own life, then this discussion is worth it. My sister committed suicide two years ago and I have not yet come to terms with it. It is such a stigmatized topic that few people want to discuss. All survivors of someone who kills him or herself will always wonder if they could have done something to prevent the person from taking their own life.

I am so very sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to his surviving loved ones... :,(

My very good friend took his own life a few years back. It was COMPLETELY out of character for this Japanese man to hang himself in his mother's garage, where both he and his wife lived. He was on anti-depressants, yet when I inquired what medications he was taking, my Chinese friend (his wife's sister) indicated, "We're Chinese and we don't ask those questions."
Being a recipient of many different anti-depressants, I know the way these drugs alter the mind ESPECIALLY if you quit them without weaning yourself off of them!
The last one I took was low-dose Effexor while I was undergoing intense chemotherapy for NHL in 2013. I just recently QUIT the drug (weaned myself off) when I began TRT in Sept. 2018 and I feel great!

My post is NOT to say Dr. Crisler was on psychotropic drugs.
I'm new to this site and have never known nor heard of Dr. Crisler...until now, sadly.

Keep the faith and stay the course.
God bless each one of you and remember, we're all in this rough world together. :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me